Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished taking delivery of my LR. Absolutely amazing car. Looks damn good. Not a perfectionist or anything like that, but I have no current problems. So much more comfortable than my M3P. Surprised me how much more it is. Hope everyone gets there soon! Especially ones who ordered before me... Can't forget hopefully Jebinc gets a fixed one after all those absurd problems

Just finished taking delivery of my LR. Absolutely amazing car. Looks damn good. Not a perfectionist or anything like that, but I have no current problems. So much more comfortable than my M3P. Surprised me how much more it is. Hope everyone gets there soon! Especially ones who ordered before me... Can't forget hopefully Jebinc gets a fixed one after all those absurd problems
Congratulations on the new headlights and taillights too!🤩🥳🥳

@TheMacc No new replacement for me as the buyback amount would fall far short of the replacement cost. Long story, but true. So, I’m hopeful they can fix it; either to enjoy or sell post haste.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My account still shows a red model s, when is it supposed to change to the updated color?
Wasn’t really worried about it but now with the 5k price increase I’m worried the dude at the service center didn’t change the color and I’ll be stuck having to pay 5k to change it

Red? That's a gift....at least 500 more value than the common colors..

They always do this; we just don't notice it. The cars shipping now are vastly better underneath than the cars at SOP. Things basically change on a daily basis.

Yeah, but does Sawyer ever actually break news himself? From what I can tell it's someone else that posts something, and then he's all like, "OMG BREAKING!"

And yes, while there are more subtle changes all the time, the new lights are NOT subtle, and neither would ambient lighting be. Seems odd that wouldn't have come at the same time...

....unless it's already in there now...

Yeah, but does Sawyer ever actually break news himself? From what I can tell it's someone else that posts something, and then he's all like, "OMG BREAKING!"
He does all the time. One of the most original people online that I know of. And from what I can tell, a lot of what he knows can't be shared online, so that's often why he waits till it's public and someone else shares it.

Reactions: mp1024 and jebinc

And yes, while there are more subtle changes all the time, the new lights are NOT subtle, and neither would ambient lighting be. Seems odd that wouldn't have come at the same time...

Well said. Careful - some on here would call that heresy.

Been lurking on this thread for a while, finally registered today to join the fun. Ordered a MSLR MSM/Cream/19's/FST back in late-July 2021 - RN1153xxx delivery to Chicago downtown. Current EDD is 4/2 - 4/30.

Question: When I flip between my current M3 and reserved MS page in the app, right before the RN number populates there is a ~16 digit number that shows for a split second. I haven't seen this discussed before, but does anyone know what that number represents?
When my EDD was 3/18 - 3/30 that number started with 149xxxxxxxxxxxxx now that number starts with 325xxxxxxxxxxxxxx? Any ideas? Has this been discussed before?
I've not been here a great while, but I haven't ever seen it discussed. Not did I ever see anything like that myself on either my wife's MY or my soon to arrive MS.

Ambient lighting wouldn't be subtle, but only to people who really want or are looking forward to it. The average custom er may not even notice. So the size of an update is always relative. A truly major update like an entirely new exterior or something like the new interior is bound to get more attention, but smaller things like lighting likely won't, although to you and me it makes a big difference.

Reactions: mp1024
No, the refreshed vibration issue is not equal to the old S/X “shutter” issue.
Certainly sounds like the same underlying cause with slightly different symptoms.

Old shutter problem happens on my X at around 40-50mph. Harder you push the worse it is. Lowering the car minimizes it. SC replaces front shafts for repair. Works for a while and returns. Not all cars see it.

New shutter problem can happen on all resfresh S/X plaid or LR around 40-50mph with light acceleration. Harder you push the the better it gets. Lowering the car minimizes it. SC replaces front shafts. With the exact same part number shaft as the pre-refresh. Works for a while and returns.

Yeah, completely different problem.

And no, it was never resolved on pre-refresh. You might get lucky that a repair sticks, but those are few and far between. And Tesla SC will tell you, you must keep the car low and on the X it will prematurely wear the inside of your tires.

I’m plan to never launch the car, ever, keep in chill, always in low, hope that does not chew up tires in low and cross my fingers I never feel it. That would be an improvement over pre-refresh X.

He does all the time. One of the most original people online that I know of. And from what I can tell, a lot of what he knows can't be shared online, so that's often why he waits till it's public and someone else shares it.

Any examples of him breaking news himself? Someone needs to pop the trim piece off the front door on the refresh 2.0. No tools required. Pops off from the front. Is there ambient lighting there waiting for a software update now?

Wait, @uthatcher, you have an X Plaid on order to complement your S Plaid?
No, not complement, replace. Mostly because an X seemed priced too low relative to the S. So I figured the price would go up and if I can buy one for $20k less than the current retail, I will. I've taken it in the shorts for so long on so many cars that moving these Tesla's around for no loss is amazing to me.

But there's a chance I won't take the X, it all depends on what my Plaid is worth then.