Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Christian was very happy to help me go over everything. There was no rush, and the two paint things he first tried to get the rub off with a cloth and wax, and when that didn't work, checked inside and they said they'd do both right then. He did not rush me and it was well after all that that I mentioned I'd probably accept the car. He had almost forgotten. I think it helped that I was already there with my trade when he came up to me and went to get the car. I noticed there were lots of deliveries getting prepped, all backed in with nice hand written tent signs on the dashes and balloons on each of them.

Balloons? Tent signs? Did you time travel back to Tesla of 2018?

I know that we have some people who have more news from inside. I'm checking this topic every day. Have someone, information when they will start produce Model S for Europe? I'm waiting now one year, another one more then year for new S, and nothing change. Tesla only send us email that it will be probably H2 2022... and that's all.

After they change rear lights (new port for CCS) and front one. Car only need onboard charger for 3 phase and CCS instead tesla connector...

That’s another way of saying. You’ll get updated when we port the code to the chips in your car

See @sandman1330 post above. He got a fairly recent release and still no ANC.

They never had “islands” before. This is all new because of frequent significant design changes. Due to chip shortages.

We are all getting different software with different features supported at different times. All depending on which chips we got.

So I got ARNR today. It didn't show up last night in the garage after the update, but driving to work this morning it showed up and I was able to enable it. That being said, I noticed absolutely 0 difference, but my hearing is shot so maybe that had something to do with it.

My car seems to be "stranded" on the same island as yours! I've had it 3 weeks, and still no updates, and no ARNR. My Service Center told me the same thing about the island... "... a 3-hour tour, a 3-hour tour..." (old Gilligan's Island reference for us old people)...

I posted this before in another thread, but I'll repost here. I have no idea if this actually made a difference, or if it was a total coincidence, but I got pretty fed up after being stranded on Gilligan's Island for 6 weeks. Just on a lark, I switched my software preference from advanced to standard when I got home from work in the evening, and left it on standard overnight until driving to work the next morning, where I switched it to advanced again. By the time I got home that same day, the update was waiting for me.

I had previously tried switching back and forth, but without the overnight delay in between, and it did nothing. I thought maybe it would cause the car to communicate with the mothership and maybe that "poke" would queue it up for update. Whether that's what happened or whether it was just a coincidence, I have no idea.

Might be worth a try on your end though!

So I got ARNR today. It didn't show up last night in the garage after the update, but driving to work this morning it showed up and I was able to enable it. That being said, I noticed absolutely 0 difference, but my hearing is shot so maybe that had something to do with it.

I posted this before in another thread, but I'll repost here. I have no idea if this actually made a difference, or if it was a total coincidence, but I got pretty fed up after being stranded on Gilligan's Island for 6 weeks. Just on a lark, I switched my software preference from advanced to standard when I got home from work in the evening, and left it on standard overnight until driving to work the next morning, where I switched it to advanced again. By the time I got home that same day, the update was waiting for me.

I had previously tried switching back and forth, but without the overnight delay in between, and it did nothing. I thought maybe it would cause the car to communicate with the mothership and maybe that "poke" would queue it up for update. Whether that's what happened or whether it was just a coincidence, I have no idea.

Might be worth a try on your end though!
That's good to know, thanks.

You are on Refresh 1.0, right?

I have been lurking, reading, absorbing as much as I can from this group for awhile now. This is my very first post to date.
I ordered a MSLR in mid-July 2021. Deep Blue, Model S, Long Range, Black Interior, 21" Arachnids, opted not to pre-purchase FSD.
RN11539xxxx - initial estimated delivery date was March-April of 2022 (so they pretty much nailed it when I ordered)
VIN was just assigned this morning. EDD is next week 3/28-4/1.
VIN is ...474xxx

I have read so many comments and opinions and conflicting information about processors, re-refreshed lights, hinges, radar, AutoPilot concerns, etc. etc.
Withholding court jester joking (or at least do me a favor and qualify a comment as joking so I know where fact/fiction is) -
  • What are significant items I need to be considering for this build sequence vehicle? I'm not looking for paint/gaps/condition/missing covers type delivery inspection tips. Those are clear in other posts.
  • Is the processor type a big enough deal I need to find out (how do I do that) and make a decision if I want the processor this specific car has?
  • I'm pretty sure this late of a sequence will have the updated headlights - that is a big deal to me to have the newest appearance given the price.
  • Hinges? Obviously, I want the best build available, but it's not a deal breaker for me on this item.
  • Wheels / tires - there was a lot of conversation in other threads (maybe this one too) about summer tires vs. all-seasons delivered versus what was ordered or expected. I intend on keeping the 21" Arachnids as summer wheels/tires and also looking to purchase (either used or from Tesla) some 19" wheels to put studless snow tires onto for December-February (I really want/need these for my region). I have no idea on bolt patterns or offsets in order to purchase wheels. I also haven't found compatibility confirmation between Tesla models or even different model years to my 2022 MSLR.
Thank you all in advance for your consideration of my questions and your time in reading.

I have been lurking, reading, absorbing as much as I can from this group for awhile now. This is my very first post to date.
I ordered a MSLR in mid-July 2021. Deep Blue, Model S, Long Range, Black Interior, 21" Arachnids, opted not to pre-purchase FSD.
RN11539xxxx - initial estimated delivery date was March-April of 2022 (so they pretty much nailed it when I ordered)
VIN is ...474xxx

I have read so many comments and opinions and conflicting information about processors, re-refreshed lights, hinges, radar, AutoPilot concerns, etc. etc.
Withholding court jester joking (or at least do me a favor and qualify a comment as joking so I know where fact/fiction is) -
  • What are significant items I need to be considering for this build sequence vehicle? I'm not looking for paint/gaps/condition/missing covers type delivery inspection tips. Those are clear in other posts.
  • Is the processor type a big enough deal I need to find out (how do I do that) and make a decision if I want the processor this specific car has?
  • I'm pretty sure this late of a sequence will have the updated headlights - that is a big deal to me to have the newest appearance given the price.
  • Hinges? Obviously, I want the best build available, but it's not a deal breaker for me on this item.
  • Wheels / tires - there was a lot of conversation in other threads (maybe this one too) about summer tires vs. all-seasons delivered versus what was ordered or expected. I intend on keeping the 21" Arachnids as summer wheels/tires and also looking to purchase (either used or from Tesla) some 19" wheels to put studless snow tires onto for December-February (I really want/need these for my region). I have no idea on bolt patterns or offsets in order to purchase wheels. I also haven't found compatibility confirmation between Tesla models or even different model years to my 2022 MSLR.
Thank you all in advance for your consideration of my questions and your time in reading.
I think the hinges were a joke, LOL.

VIN is ...474xxx

Simplest answer - take the car as long as all the doors are in place (new hinges at work). Then do the detailed checklist a home and request service. Probably 50% of what you find, will be in "spec" according to Tesla.

Not seen a different processor. Will have the new headlights. Hinges are a joke. Wheels or tires are someone else's expertise.

Simplest answer - take the car as long as all the doors are in place (new hinges at work). Then do the detailed checklist a home and request service. Probably 50% of what you find, will be in "spec" according to Tesla.

Not seen a different processor. Will have the new headlights. Hinges are a joke. Wheels or tires are someone else's expertise.
Maybe the processor change was on a different model (3 or Y)?

The "processor" for the MCU has been there since the new S came out last year (although in the process of being updated in the 3&Y), but if you're referring to the rumored AP4 hardware that we know very little about, you could be waiting another year or more (or worse, it could come out in 3 months but not have appropriate software for another year+, like we've seen in the past).

In other news, my car drove me to get breakfast and back on FSD v10.11 (and the current AP3 hardware) this morning and aside from it hesitating slightly during one of the turns, it was rather well done and not frightening in the least (which is a huge advancement for FSD, lol). Didn't even spill a drop of coffee.

In other news, my car drove me to get breakfast and back on FSD v10.11 (and the current AP3 hardware) this morning and aside from it hesitating slightly during one of the turns, it was rather well done and not frightening in the least (which is a huge advancement for FSD, lol). Didn't even spill a drop of coffee.
I have been curious about requesting FSD beta, mainly to see what Tesla thinks my safety score is. Their insurance quote is insane.

I have been curious about requesting FSD beta, mainly to see what Tesla thinks my safety score is. Their insurance quote is insane.
I had signed up in the beginning when they were letting people in who scored 98 or higher, but after 2 weeks of waiting and driving like a grandma 96 was the best I could do. Then I found out about the trick to reset your score (opt out, shut down the car, opt back in). The next day I drove 85 miles on autopilot to secure a 99, and then did 20 miles the next day and came in at 98. Got accepted the day after that... but I don't think the door is as wide open nowadays. One of my buddies traded in his old 3P for an X Plaid and hasn't been able to get back into the beta yet...

VIN is ...474xxx

Funny how you have a later order than me (1151) but have an earlier VIN vs mine at 475.
No rhyme or reason to how they assign these I guess.