Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so overall a good day since I picked up my plaid, unfortunately it was pooring rain upon pickup of car and everything looked good but of course as soon as I got home it stopped raining I rinsed and dried car off a bit and saw this on door. It looks like paint defect and not actual door dent/ding but it’s a pretty significant defect for brand new 130K+ car. Thoughts? I have emailed my sales advisor of finding.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
so overall a good day since I picked up my plaid, unfortunately it was pooring rain upon pickup of car and everything looked good but of course as soon as I got home it stopped raining I rinsed and dried car off a bit and saw this on door. It looks like paint defect and not actual door dent/ding but it’s a pretty significant defect for brand new 130K+ car. Thoughts? I have emailed my sales advisor of finding.

It might buff out.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Welcome to TMC.

Since I am the serious one on here, I will answer.

Those two items were part of an ongoing FOMO joke here. There are no new hinges despite what @WilliamG does for Elon.
Seriously, I‘m happy there is a seriously serious person here. 🤗 And BTW there are NO power doors in the works that I am aware of. All power is directed to the motors !

I would report it to get it in their system and then try to live with it. It can take months for Tesla to handle paint issues like that and the pain from that IMO is worse than what you showed in the video. I suspect that after a while you won't even notice it. You will be too busy enjoying your Plaid.

I had a black spot and defect in the middle of my hood on my 2021 MSM Raven S and they were going to re-paint the hood. After a while I told them to forget about it. After that I didn't give it a second thought.

That’s why the MXP only runs 9.7’s. The doors use to much energy. That’s been confirmed.

D55A6D9D-D534-4BEF-8BC3-4DCD447F11C7.gif

Hello everyone!
I was originally a RN1141 order but I had to cancel my Plaid order due to my lease being up and I couldn't get it in time and I ended up getting a Porsche Taycan 4S.
I loved the Taycan but got rear-ended a couple days ago and I am planning on repairing the Taycan if possible (still waiting on estimator) and selling it due to it being Porsche's first EV and I did not want any hidden damages in the long run that I'll have trouble servicing.
Long story short I ordered a Tesla Model S Plaid in Black yesterday. 21inch rims, FSD, and black seats.
RN1168 order and it currently says June 12 - July 24. I hope it doesn't get pushed back! Excited for the car.

Hello everyone!
I was originally a RN1141 order but I had to cancel my Plaid order due to my lease being up and I couldn't get it in time and I ended up getting a Porsche Taycan 4S.
I loved the Taycan but got rear-ended a couple days ago and I am planning on repairing the Taycan if possible (still waiting on estimator) and selling it due to it being Porsche's first EV and I did not want any hidden damages in the long run that I'll have trouble servicing.
Long story short I ordered a Tesla Model S Plaid in Black yesterday. 21inch rims, FSD, and black seats.
RN1168 order and it currently says June 12 - July 24. I hope it doesn't get pushed back! Excited for the car.
Sorry about the Taycan, but congrats on the Plaid order! :)

Hello everyone!
If you are in a real hurry to get the car you should look at the inventory and see if one pops up. Here is a link. The waiting game is long, but not too bad for Plaid.

Good luck!

Hello everyone!
You sound like a dentist from SoCal! What are your thoughts on the Taycan. Fit and finish is great but a little too slow for you? You will be impressed with the Plaid. As the saying goes: “Never sad with a Plaid!”