Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like what's the point of the screen tilt?

Is it really make or break for some people?

I just view it as another item to potentially break.

I prefer to have the music widget on the bottom left of the screen but it's hard to see the name of the songs since the bottom left of the screen tends to be covered by the yoke. I feel the tilting would really help with that since moving the widget to the bottom right places it too far. tilting screen would help me see all corners of the screen properly : thats my opinion.

Right? I mean, who does that?
up-look-up.gif

I was told it will be put up for sale towards the end of this quarter. It is a 21 LR so it is pre-refresh. It was damaged upon transport to the Tampa area so that will be disclosed
I didn't know if you meant pre-refresh or pre-refresh refresh. With the new tilting screen you might need to be more specific that it is the pre-refresh refresh refresh.

Like what's the point of the screen tilt?

Is it really make or break for some people?

I just view it as another item to potentially break.
It would help with my short T-Rex arms so I don't have to reach as far to hit Nav or Spotify buttons depending on the screen layout. The only downside to the new landscaped center screen and I have thought that tilt would be nice more than once since I took delivery but otherwise I hear you.

Any word on whether Tesla will retrofit older cars?

I hope they at least make it an option for pre May 22 refresh Model S owners so we can decide for ourselves. Best case (and admittedly least likely outcome), Tesla agrees to retrofit for free. Second best case, Tesla agrees to retrofit for some reasonable fee.

Worst case, Tesla lies and says it's not possible because it's a new design not built into the older refreshed cars (ignoring the Munro video) to avoid arguing with all the upset early adopters who want it for free.

I saw the tilt feature advertised and it was a factor in my early order. I most likely would have bought the car anyway (and in fact took delivery so that is that) so while I don't mind paying something to get the feature, it would be awesome if Tesla took care of this on their dime.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I saw the tilt feature advertised and it was a factor in my early order. I most likely would have bought the car anyway (and in fact took delivery so that is that) so while I don't mind paying something to get the feature, it would be awesome if Tesla took care of this on their dime.
Have they ever retrofitted anything for free? I can't think of any instances.

Thank you. I see you orderd yours this January? I ordered before you in November and have a later EDD!!!! lol Are you paying cash? If not, it must be the larger wheels.
I can't imagine that cash vs financing would matter to Tesla. They get the cash immediately, regardless. Tesla financing is handled by another company. And if you use a third-party financing company, Tesla just gets a check anyway.

Thank you. I see you orderd yours this January? I ordered before you in November and have a later EDD!!!! lol Are you paying cash? If not, it must be the larger wheels.
Yup I ordered January with 21” wheels. I selected cash but will change to financing once I get the VIN. My friend ordered month before me and got his VIN last week. Picking up in Ft laud. So there’s hope that it’s coming soon

Yup I ordered January with 21” wheels. I selected cash but will change to financing once I get the VIN. My friend ordered month before me and got his VIN last week. Picking up in Ft laud. So there’s hope that it’s coming soon
Your friend ordered in December and already got a VIN?
I am November '21 and my delivery date says June after moving like 5 times.

Heard from Sawyer a while back that apparently all Palladium S and X built from May 2021 to late Feb 2022 have capacity for 300kW charging. Cars after built after the late Feb shutdown reportedly have capacity for 375kW charging.
For some people that will be important. That said it’s getting really difficult to fully comprehend these changes that occur so often. It feels quite alienating in ways, and certainly confusing to prospective customers trying to do research on car features. No wonder Tesla isn’t even showing the new head/tail lights on their site yet!

For some people that will be important. That said it’s getting really difficult to fully comprehend these changes that occur so often. It feels quite alienating in ways, and certainly confusing to prospective customers trying to do research on car features. No wonder Tesla isn’t even showing the new head/tail lights on their site yet!
Personally, I've always loved that they're always making changes. I know some people don't like it though lol. But how would the cars get better otherwise as fast as they do? Not only that, but to implement all of the year round changes at the beginning of a new model year would make them shutdown the lines for a time, which goes against their mission statement of delivering as many cars as possible. It would be hugely inefficient.

VIN assigned just an hour ago. 47804XX. Tilt screen? Somehow, I think it is not likely.
Congrats

4780xx VIN means the are starting to crank them out again. It also means that the peeps on TMC are a very tiny sample size of the total Model S order market. We haven't had a VIN announcement in a while on here (or at least very few) and have made a moderate jump in the VIN sequence.

I am an RN1151 still stuck at May 6th through May 27th. Kansas City delivery.

Your friend ordered in December and already got a VIN?
I am November '21 and my delivery date says June after moving like 5 times.
Yes, South Florida. He got MSLR, Black on Black, 21" wheels and got a VIN. It doesn't look like it was a rejected VIN either because his delivery was estimated to be about 10-14 days from when he got the VIN.

Heard from Sawyer a while back that apparently all Palladium S and X built from May 2021 to late Feb 2022 have capacity for 300kW charging. Cars after built after the late Feb shutdown reportedly have capacity for 375kW charging.

That makes sense... I've thought the Plaid should be able to charge above 250 kW, even on the same v3 chargers. The Model 3 has a 96S battery, vs the Refresh S has 110S (110 cells in series). That suggests that 285 kW should easily be possible, with the same amperage through the supercharger wires.

Based on the capacity of the battery (100 kwhr in the S vs 80 kwhr in the 3), the refresh S should be able to do 312 kW charging. 375 kW would be really pushing those cells to charge at 3.75C. I'd be interested to see that!

Okay so this might be a dumb question, but when you guys refer to soft close doors, what does that mean? Honestly I think it would be really cool to have doors auto open and close like the X
Soft close doors means that you just have to pull it close to be being closed, no momentum required to trip the mechanical latch. At that point a motorized mechanism catches the door, pulls it fully closed, and latches. Unlike the X which moves the doors for you through the whole range of motion if you like.