Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of a 2023 SLR today. MSM/white/19”/no FSD

Pretty much flawless (but I don’t have very discerning eyes).

Of note:
- No mobile charger and no voucher (just ordered a few weeks ago so I suspect I missed that deal from the summer).
- No fobs included anymore (NBD because I hate them; but I was expecting them).
- Thicc bezels on the rear screen (VIN 498xxx)
- Premium connectivity showed as active for 30 days but none of the features worked (satellite, traffic, web browser). I went ahead and paid for the year subscription and it immediately worked fine.

Of note:
- No mobile charger and no voucher (just ordered a few weeks ago so I suspect I missed that deal from the summer).
- Premium connectivity showed as active for 30 days but none of the features worked (satellite, traffic, web browser). I went ahead and paid for the year subscription and it immediately worked fine.
Congrats and thanks for the update on the details.

Reactions: MikeKFE
Agreed

I took logic one step further and said “Since they’re just sending me docs that I need to sign, could they just pdf them to me and I’ll print them out and UPS the inked version back to them? That skips a step.”

“No. Unfortunately we can’t do that.”

“Why???”

👀👀👀
What’s even more strange is that they don’t have them at the pick up location, so that you can sign it there along with the other paperwork and be on your way

My 23 Plaid S also has the larger screen/small bezels also.

Of note:
Perhaps they are only updating rear screen in Plaid.

Delivery manager told me all Nov 17+ build dates have the new screen regardless of LR or Plaid. I have a Nov 15 build.
Wow interesting. My Plaid production date was 11/17/22. I have the thin bezel.
CB997BA5-73F6-45C7-9A00-FAA427F35CAF.jpeg

Of note:
ALL SEEMS NORMAL AND GOOD. ENJOY THE RIDE!

Reactions: MikeKFE
As a general rule in life, I trust what people tell me unless given a reason not to.

Maybe he wasn’t telling the truth. Idk. Prefer to assume the best though.
I feel the same way. And I’ve been very fortunate both regarding my cars and in life. You can usually get a sense when someone is BS-ing you. Big bezels, small bezels it’s really a non issue for me. I don’t drive from the back seat and my kids have their own cars.