Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a general rule in life, I trust what people tell me unless given a reason not to.

Maybe he wasn’t telling the truth. Idk. Prefer to assume the best though.
Sounds reasonable. May you never have to visit a SvC and find out differently.
It’s actually white in low light condition. Although I’ve seen cream/CF and it’s absolutely gorgeous.

It's nice, but can't hold a a candle to cream and walnut...😁

• Funny
Reactions: Blue Stuff and N2B8
Anyone thinking of postponing delivery until Tesla reveals the new HD radar and sensor update in January?
Yeah, I already own a Tesla and am in no particular rush to upgrade. People will always say “there is always something new around the corner.” They aren’t wrong, but that doesn’t mean you are wrong for wanting to get in on the very latest just after a change and not have a “legacy” car 1 month after you take delivery.

It Tesla wants to avoid it they can be more transparent about what it means when we learn these things, whether it means a retrofit or not. They are avoiding the very uncomfortable (for them) topic of what HW3 and legacy cars means for FSD functionality by stating “it’s gonna work bro, trust us.” We all know how those promises have panned out over the years.

Yeah, I already own a Tesla and am in no particular rush to upgrade. People will always say “there is always something new around the corner.” They aren’t wrong, but that doesn’t mean you are wrong for wanting to get in on the very latest just after a change and not have a “legacy” car 1 month after you take delivery.

It Tesla wants to avoid it they can be more transparent about what it means when we learn these things, whether it means a retrofit or not. They are avoiding the very uncomfortable (for them) topic of what HW3 and legacy cars means for FSD functionality by stating “it’s gonna work bro, trust us.” We all know how those promises have panned out over the years.
100% agree - there is no transparency from Tesla and how they plan to keep all different variations (vision, vision plus radar, USS, no USS etc.) on par once they introduce this new set of sensors / radar on a $100k+ car.

My best bet is that this screen has the ability to pair Bluetooth devices to it, otherwise it doesn’t make sense why Tesla would change it. Unless they really didn’t like thick bezels (never bothered me anyways)
I doubt the screen has any BT hardware. That would be handled by the MCU. People did complain about how small the screen was for how far away from the passengers it was. Or it could be that the smaller screen had availability problems.

Reactions: VikH and Leeclanual