Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HOLY SMOKES!! Just picked up.

Attachments

• 4BEC1DC5-BE34-476B-B8D6-333C1B7AC9C6.jpeg
    4BEC1DC5-BE34-476B-B8D6-333C1B7AC9C6.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 684A0493-53D4-4B35-B046-3F59625E2DB8.jpeg
    684A0493-53D4-4B35-B046-3F59625E2DB8.jpeg
    749.9 KB · Views: 173
Long time Lurker, first time poster :)
I just picked up my Model S (non-plaid) from the El Paso service center yesterday. The car has some very minor cosmetic defects (paint scratch, recessed chargeport door, frunk alignment) but nothing major. The SA was pretty cool and upfront that he would get these fixed as soon as i file a service request. He mentioned the team already knew all these faults and were already planning the fix.
I did notice the car doesnt come with Key Fobs no more. When I called Tesla support, they mentioned that they stopped shipping 2021+ refresh Model S with key fobs. Is this true?

I just picked up my Model S (non-plaid) from the El Paso service center yesterday. The car has some very minor cosmetic defects (paint scratch, recessed chargeport door, frunk alignment) but nothing major. The SA was pretty cool and upfront that he would get these fixed as soon as i file a service request. He mentioned the team already knew all these faults and were already planning the fix.
I did notice the car doesnt come with Key Fobs no more. When I called Tesla support, they mentioned that they stopped shipping 2021+ refresh Model S with key fobs. Is this true?
Its very depressing that Tesla continue to deliver scratched, dented and cars not in perfect trim.
I have bought a few Audis new and they have all been perfect.

Its a shame that such a expensive car as the Model S can not be delivered as it should. You’re isnt the only one that is like this, more or less every one I know that have bought teslas have had the same. My M3P had broken plastics under the thresholds, probably due to driving on something when loading/off loading from the boat or truck transport. That this happened was known two years in advance from the first model 3 entering Europe. They can not even learn, can they?

Yes. My iPhone works pretty well but I’m ordering a key fob

Its very depressing that Tesla continue to deliver scratched, dented and cars not in perfect trim.
I have bought a few Audis new and they have all been perfect.

Its a shame that such a expensive car as the Model S can not be delivered as it should. You’re isnt the only one that is like this, more or less every one I know that have bought teslas have had the same. My M3P had broken plastics under the thresholds, probably due to driving on something when loading/off loading from the boat or truck transport. That this happened was known two years in advance from the first model 3 entering Europe. They can not even learn, can they?
As an update. Tesla service told me that "general appearance" is not part of the warranty. So i would need to agree to foot the bill for the defects if they deem it as "not warranty". I am not happy about this tbh. I filed the service request before even driving the car out of the lot. The car was literally delivered that way. The photos were taken at the delivery lot.
Is this a sign of things to come with Tesla Service? I sold my Genesis SUV to buy the Tesla, because I had thought that there was no way any other car service can be worse than Hyundai/Genesis. :(

Reactions: AAKEE
As an update. Tesla service told me that "general appearance" is not part of the warranty. So i would need to agree to foot the bill for the defects if they deem it as "not warranty". I am not happy about this tbh. I filed the service request before even driving the car out of the lot. The car was literally delivered that way. The photos were taken at the delivery lot.
Is this a sign of things to come with Tesla Service? I sold my Genesis SUV to buy the Tesla, because I had thought that there was no way any other car service can be worse than Hyundai/Genesis. :(

The only way out of this is to reject the car.

Most cars do not have significant defects. So eventually, even if you have to reorder, you will get a car to your liking

Remember, "The best service is no service"

Reactions: TSLA Pilot