Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discount. As soon as year ticks over to 2024, you have lost about $10k on that new 2023 car if you go and trade it in or it gets totaled.
I can’t believe people really still believe this.

Miles and condition are what really matters. Anyone who thinks there’s a $10k difference between an identically spec’d December ‘23 and January ‘24 Model S in the same condition with the same miles is deluding themselves.

You are welcome to your delusion, no skin off my back. If you believe having a 2024 VIN in Jan without all of the current discounts is going to manifest $10,000 out of thin air then keep on waiting. 👍🏻
$10k is I think worst case scenario, but from my pricing research about equal miles MS 2022 vs 2023 used prices differ between about $3-$5k at least.

Just saw this on a FB group regarding ‘24 VINS.

Attachments

• IMG_5391.png
    IMG_5391.png
    575.6 KB · Views: 31
Then go and get trade in values and report back.
ALGO gave me an offer of $28k for my 2021 MY in November of this year (then after putting this offer on hold due to multiple delays of my MS EDD) they called at the end of December to let me know that the offer would now be at $27 for the same mileage car just because they will not be able to sell it this year and that the car is now 1 year older.

Hope that clears the air a bit

Reactions: zoomer0056
Eventually after the 10 year requirement to provide replacement parts expires for any given model year.
That is an old wives tale... There is no 10 year requirement for parts availability. There isn't even a 1 day requirement.

The only requirement is that they have to have parts available to fulfill their warranty or they have to replace the car if parts aren't available for a warranty repair.

Discount. As soon as year ticks over to 2024, you have lost about $10k on that new 2023 car if you go and trade it in or it gets totaled. They should be offering $4k-$5k discount on 2023 model year sold in 2024.
I don't know who would buy a 2023 vin car from anyone in 2024 without there being a discount, either that or increase the price of the 2024 model. I have crunched the numbers multiple ways, the economics don't work. Most folks, I think, buying an 80K+ car aren't stupid financially. I guess if you don't care about money and just want the car now or think Elon raises prices out of the blue, then just buy it.

Reactions: teko
I don't know who would buy a 2023 vin car from anyone in 2024 without there being a discount, either that or increase the price of the 2024 model. I have crunched the numbers multiple ways, the economics don't work. Most folks, I think, buying an 80K+ car aren't stupid financially. I guess if you don't care about money and just want the car now or think Elon raises prices out of the blue, then just buy it.
6 months free supercharging, $1k cybertruck res credit, referral/loyalty credits, inventory discounts, free supercharging transfer… in what world are there no discounts right now?

It great to hear an early adopter (In a Tesla Desert, no less) has had a great experience, and a good delivery on a new (Well optioned, IMO) MS to boot.

From the earlier posts, I'm wondering if there is a chance that there will never be a '24 MS or MX, and a phase out of production later in next year?

They are such a small portion of sales, and if the new highland is a popular, maybe it makes sense.
Oddly my news feed has an article about models and their sales volumes.

I didn't realize the Model S was in last place over time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_204448_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_204448_Chrome.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 21