Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if there is another warning after this one before automatic cancellation? I've noticed they send these automatic messages once a day, at 11am. Can I push it another day?

1704483895594.png
1704483878827.png

Anyone know if there is another warning after this one before automatic cancellation? I've noticed they send these automatic messages once a day, at 11am. Can I push it another day?

View attachment 1006283View attachment 1006282
I have no idea how many forum pages ago but I posted about this very thing back in Dec. I had life going on and didn't prioritize adding registration or accepting/rejecting trade or financial because no VIN was assigned.

I was texting back and forth. I even got a "the system will automatically cancel" message which later that evening I got a "take your time - fill out what you can since your VIN isn't assigned" when I questioned such. I do care due to FUSC transfer promo but that has been warn out.

When I did receive my VIN I did fill out registration and acted on trade-in in tge app. I still haven't accepted financing as I toil on down payment and term. I can't believe 48mo is same 6.75% as 60mo and 72mo.

YMMV, but that was my experience.

If you ordered a Plaid with 19"s and had 396 miles range shown at time of order and now have a reduction to 359 miles as delivered post announcement why isn't some consideration by Tesla for the "innocent overstatement" being shown? Premium connectivity, a wall charger, all season floor mats, service credits, anything but implied middle fingers with a "do you want the car or not" attitude.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
I have no idea how many forum pages ago but I posted about this very thing back in Dec. I had life going on and didn't prioritize adding registration or accepting/rejecting trade or financial because no VIN was assigned.

I was texting back and forth. I even got a "the system will automatically cancel" message which later that evening I got a "take your time - fill out what you can since your VIN isn't assigned" when I questioned such. I do care due to FUSC transfer promo but that has been warn out.

When I did receive my VIN I did fill out registration and acted on trade-in in tge app. I still haven't accepted financing as I toil on down payment and term. I can't believe 48mo is same 6.75% as 60mo and 72mo.

YMMV, but that was my experience.

If you ordered a Plaid with 19"s and had 396 miles range shown at time of order and now have a reduction to 359 miles as delivered post announcement why isn't some consideration by Tesla for the "innocent overstatement" being shown? Premium connectivity, a wall charger, all season floor mats, service credits, anything but implied middle fingers with a "do you want the car or not" attitude.
Why would they compensate for the decreased range estimate? The car is physically identical to those produced and delivered before the reduction, it's a numbers change that doesn't affect the car in any way whatsoever & was out of Tesla's control

I just got back from a 70 mile mixed roadway round trip in the Plaid. This is the first time I've really just driven the car in an easy chill drive. Hwy speeds were around 75mph for about 2/3rds of the drive and the rest was stop and go/30-50mph driving.

I averaged 257 wh/m which is significantly lower than I could ever get with my P90DL. I would usually average around 340 wh/m driving the same way I drove today.

With some fuzzy math, that would extrapolate out to around 365 miles of range which I think is close to what Kyle from Out of Spec got on his 70mph highway test. Pretty impressive efficiency to be honest and then to be able to have 1000+ hp instantly available is really the reason why I bought the car.

I don't think so.
Both LR and Plaid have a mode that the manual says conditions the battery (Insane and Plaid), although no one seems to notice any actual efficiency difference using this mode. I leave my car in Insane at all times and it doesn't appear to be doing anything over Sport for battery conditioning.
There is drag strip mode which heats the battery up (equivalent to the old Insane+ and Ludicrous+ modes) but LR also has that.
Maybe they got rid of drag strip mode for the 2024 LRs?

My first refined EDD came in this afternoon:

Order date 12/23/2023
MSLR/White/Cream/Wheel/19''
Original EDD Jan24-Feb24

01/04/24 - EDD pushed to Feb 13 to Mar 26

Well, that was yesterday. Today, I get notice of a 57PF53 deliverable now through the next 7 days.

I've enjoyed the banter here on these few 2023 inventory vehicles; but what are your thoughts on my getting this order filled the next day? A cancelled order, most likely?

Should I hold? Cancel, and play Russian Roulette with pricing, features, range, etc?

I've asked for the build date with no response yet.

Well, that was yesterday. Today, I get notice of a 57PF53 deliverable now through the next 7 days.

I've enjoyed the banter here on these few 2023 inventory vehicles; but what are your thoughts on my getting this order filled the next day? A cancelled order, most likely?

Should I hold? Cancel, and play Russian Roulette with pricing, features, range, etc?

Or someone's in person reject.

One thing to think about regarding deliveries...

Although it's been reported that models other than M3 and MY have had the highest quarterly deliveries in 5 years, this is misleading because:

It does not include CT, and

These deliveries are LESS than 5% of the total.

With such a small relative number, I doubt Tesla is going to make any significant investment in the MS or MX, unless it is a part or feature being developed for Highland or CT. With BYD nipping at Tesla's heels, the bulk of R&D spending must be on CT and Highland, to keep costs competitive. The 4680 cells have been a disappointment and will be a money pit.

Hope they throw us MS folks a bone, ie, steering gear with center horn. But I would not wait for it. Order a car built after Dec and don't worry about missing future features, which usually come with a bug or two.

Tell them that unless they provide the build date you will cancel. This used to be apparent in the source data of the order image, but the T in Tesla does not stand for Transparency.

Its worth repeating, get 'em while they are still here, because they ain't comin back!
I’ve been enjoying mine for two months now. If I get better resale thanks to the EPA, that’s just icing on the cake. Though I probably won’t try selling for at least 4-5 years.

Does look like 24s are probably getting the steering wheel/yoke with center horn. But probably will be retrofittable since they removed the old parts from the catalog altogether.

I wonder if the range drop will impact resale. As tesla knows and exploits, bigger numbers sell better even if they’re not consistent with reality. Perhaps the 2023 resale will fare well compared to 2024.
Maybe it will. I think the informed buyers, though, will recognize it for what it is which is a testing change. There is no difference in the car. I remember a few years ago when the Honda CR-V had a year-over-year reduction in the horsepower specification - not a lot, like 4 HP or something, but on a 180-ish hp vehicle it matters more. Honda's response to the reduction was there was a change in the SAE formula for calculating the HP, which probably meant the assumed losses to get back to flywheel HP. I thought that was a lame excuse at the time, but testing methodologies change I guess.

I picked up a 57PF53 today. No cosmetic issues at all. If someone had rejected it for whatever reason, who cares? Of course if you believe that a 2023 VIN should not be picked up in 2024 then it is what it is.