Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model S long range on April 16. Today the VIN number showed up and got an estimated delivery of May 5-12.
Ultra Red, cream interior, normal steering wheel and tires. So from ordering to delivery looks like 3 to 4 weeks.
You’re going to love that combo. We got ours at the end of March and the Ultra Red with cream is beautiful.

Can you share a few photos of the rear seats? wondering if the bolstering there is also improved or if it's purely cosmetic. It appears to be a deeper bottom.
Here you go!!

Attachments

• 20240422_081431.jpg
    20240422_081431.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240422_081452.jpg
    20240422_081452.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 3
That was me. Was just charging but was browsing the lot just to see if there was any Plaid with the new seats that is when I saw your car!! Glad to see these seats in person they looks way better than the current seats!! Congrats on the new car!!
Thanks! It was nice chatting with you and cool to actually meet someone from this forum! If I would've known you were a member of the forum I would've let you sit in the car...

They should also make the Yoke free just like the steering wheel and your choice of color free too.

The software updates coming out look nice, but still amazes me that not one update ever on the refresh models to drivers infotainment screen. How hard is it to add album art and media controls to that? Every other car has them. And add large ones too, not some little one/two inch album art.

They had it years ago. V8 displayed album art in in a grid and then they regressed 20 years in UI design and killed it. USB music used to display in beautiful smooth scrolling grids of album art and you could search, even by voice, and USB results would show up in the search results with the cover art.

Now it's these annoying lists and every time you select an item to go into an album and then back out, it scrolls to the top of the list rather than staying where you were when you entered it. All made worse by the fact that album foldering was completely ruined so that if you have a compilation album with a dozen different artists, the album name now appears a dozen times and you don't know which one you're entering so you have to guess, then when it's wrong, left back out and now you're back at the top of the list again and have scroll all the way down however many hundreds of entries to get you back to where you were.

It used to be you could search by voice and press a single screen tap to get what you wanted. Now it takes 50+ touches to do the same thing. The UI is positively dangerous now.

Really? So few no about album art? I totally disagree, as my 21 year old son loves album art and loves displaying it on his car as large as possible. Heck - majority of my nieces and nephews are all into records now too and love the album art displayed on the cover.

And it's easier to see out of your peripheral vision so that you don't have to ready tiny text on a screen.

Ordered a Model S long range on April 16. Today the VIN number showed up and got an estimated delivery of May 5-12.
Ultra Red, cream interior, normal steering wheel and tires. So from ordering to delivery looks like 3 to 4 weeks.

Wow that's really fast. I was planning to oder the same combo in about two weeks hoping for a late June / early July delivery. Based on your timing I may push that out a bit longer.

Reactions: zoomer0056