Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up car today. It was difficult getting Alliant lined up but they came through at the end. Order date was 6/19, Vin 6/27, production start, 7/14, delivery 7/21. I'll update spreadsheet.

Factory Pickup was exciting. We completed paperwork in less than 15 min. They take you to the delivery "garage" that is fancy. There were 7 other cars ready for delivery. They said they do 4 "rounds" everyday. So 32 or so S's and X's. With everything having been done in advance this really was an easier way to buy a car. No pressure what so ever. No asking about whether I needed to sign up for prepaid service. This is my 20th car purchase and easily the most enjoyable experience.

I got a limited swag bag but the whole process was personalized and professional. A little sad it is over as they really treated you incredibly well (until I get in the car!).

We did the factory tour also and it was extremely well done. Take you through everything but the paint shop. Amazing to see S's along side X's one after another. Different colors one after the other. This dispels the myth that today is red car day tomorrow, blue car day. Even right drive cars in the middle of the line.

The factory tour is a must do (even for my wife who was not interested but thought it was fascinating.) What Elon (and the numerous engineers and others) has created is truly amazing.

A quick return to do some programming of the car. I had read the owner's manual cover to cover twice so I knew most of the items. There were others there picking up where their orientation was very long.

One sad item and that was the car will never look as perfect as it did today. They really made it look perfect.

Driving the car home was more than awesome. Wow! I did a couple of "floor it" runs and could not believe the torque. And I came from an M3! Autopilot is wonderful. I played with the autosteer. I can see how this will make trips so much more enjoyable.

Despite twice through the owner's manual, I have some more learning to do.

Oh and Slacker radio is really cool. Hold the voice activation down and pick an artist and song and it finds it instantly and every song after is right up your alley. I got reintroduced to songs I had forgotten.

One final note that has come up in other forums, if you have a newer iPhone (even 6 will do), a "hey Siri read messages" will activate your phone and read your text messages over the speakers. I was concerned that the display didn't have voice text capability. It isn't needed with this feature.

I tried pasting pictures but it isn't working.

Picked up car today. It was difficult getting Alliant lined up but they came through at the end. Order date was 6/19, Vin 6/27, production start, 7/14, delivery 7/21. I'll update spreadsheet.

Factory Pickup was exciting. We completed paperwork in less than 15 min. They take you to the delivery "garage" that is fancy. There were 7 other cars ready for delivery. They said they do 4 "rounds" everyday. So 32 or so S's and X's. With everything having been done in advance this really was an easier way to buy a car. No pressure what so ever. No asking about whether I needed to sign up for prepaid service. This is my 20th car purchase and easily the most enjoyable experience.

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pix of that gorgeous red beauty!

Ah figured how to paste pictures in: the red is amazing. And changed significantly inside Vs outside
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A little wrap on the key that gives it a key ring. This will work!
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 34
Just checked the My Tesla page and the delivery date just updated! It now says: Your estimated delivery window is August 15, 2016 - August 29, 2016.

I ordered before you, went into production before you, and I am getting mine delivered to the same service center as you (based on the tracking excel) and yet my delivery window has not updated yet. It is still a complete mystery to me on what triggers updated delivery windows. For what it is worth, my DS seems pretty confident mine is on track to arrive mid August with a small chance of early August. I would assume ours would get shipped together.

I ordered before you, went into production before you, and I am getting mine delivered to the same service center as you (based on the tracking excel) and yet my delivery window has not updated yet. It is still a complete mystery to me on what triggers updated delivery windows. For what it is worth, my DS seems pretty confident mine is on track to arrive mid August with a small chance of early August. I would assume ours would get shipped together.
Well, I have yet to receive an actual email about the production so I'm assuming that the car is not actually being made yet.

Lol, I just looked, our cars are almost identical.

Ah figured how to paste pictures in: the red is amazing. And changed significantly inside Vs outside View attachment 186498 View attachment 186500 View attachment 186501 View attachment 186502
A little wrap on the key that gives it a key ring. This will work!
View attachment 186504

Macbest - I remember seeing you and your wife, when you walk passed us towards the end of our delivery process. Ours was the only white MS in the showroom and I was with my wife and newborn. Man your car is nicely done, I was eyeing your car and specially your 21' turbine wheels the whole time. Red would have been my second choice if we didn't love white so much. See you around!

Macbest - I remember seeing you and your wife, when you walk passed us towards the end of our delivery process. Ours was the only white MS in the showroom and I was with my wife and newborn. Man your car is nicely done, I was eyeing your car and specially your 21' turbine wheels the whole time. Red would have been my second choice if we didn't love white so much. See you around!
Wow what a conicidence! What an amazing ride home. I thought the tour was excellent, did you do that also? They really do a nice job delivering the car. Totally different way of buying and picking up the car. Absolutely see you around!

Wow what a conicidence! What an amazing ride home. I thought the tour was excellent, did you do that also? They really do a nice job delivering the car. Totally different way of buying and picking up the car. Absolutely see you around!

Yes It was an amazing ride home. I floored the car a few times on 880. Man this car is fun to drive and the handling in sport mode is ridiculous. But unfortunately we had to reschedule the tour because they dont allow kids under 48". The delivery process was top notch. Nothing like I ever experience before.

You are right. A couple interior color differences, but otherwise just looks like a swap of you selecting the D and me selecting the AP.

Mine has been in production for a week now. I thought production would only take a couple days, but this process continues to be a lesson in patience.
Based off of what others have said, "In Production" can mean anything from the car being made to it's actually in the queue to enter the production line in a few days. I'm going to email my DS to see if mine is actually being made right now or just in the line to enter the production floor.

Yes It was an amazing ride home. I floored the car a few times on 880. Man this car is fun to drive and the handling in sport mode is ridiculous. But unfortunately we had to reschedule the tour because they dont allow kids under 48". The delivery process was top notch. Nothing like I ever experience before.
We have an industrial area near our house in Union City. The back streets are empty after 5p when everyone goes home. I took my daughter for a ride and floored it. Wow, the 4.2 seconds and 60mph came awfully quick. I have had fast cars before, but this is really amazing.

Reactions: Zybd1201