Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to know the same. Mine says 8/14 but hasn't gone into production yet.
@BrandonR22,

If your car has not gone into production yet, then I doubt you have your final MVPA and you are probably referring to the "pre-forma mvpa". I can confirm that my dates on my pre forma MVPA were an over estimated guess. My delivery dates changed a few times and now my delivery dates on the my Tesla page say Aug 6th - Aug 20th. However, my final MVPA say Aug 3rd. My car has been in transit for about a week.

@BrandonR22,

If your car has not gone into production yet, then I doubt you have your final MVPA and you are probably referring to the "pre-forma mvpa". I can confirm that my dates on my pre forma MVPA were an over estimated guess. My delivery dates changed a few times and now my delivery dates on the my Tesla page say Aug 6th - Aug 20th. However, my final MVPA say Aug 3rd. My car has been in transit for about a week.
I can confirm that I have my final MVPA as the final payment and the down payment has already been made, the pro-forma was received about 2 weeks ago and my final mvpa was received 2 days ago with the 14th still on it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 12.31.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 12.31.45 PM.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 78
I can confirm that I have my final MVPA as the final payment and the down payment has already been made, the pro-forma was received about 2 weeks ago and my final mvpa was received 2 days ago with the 14th still on it.
Wow, you got it early. I didn't think it was generated until the car was well on its way to final destination (at least per my DS). I apologize for my assumption.

Got mine 7/1 but still saya order confirmed. Maybe they are doing Far East this week

Possibly, but I think Japan has the same setup/driver position as the US. And could be @takeshiken's DS is faster to notify than yours? I've seen that the website is slower to update than what's actually happening from a number of other owners comments. Also not sure the make/model of @takeshiken as they aren't in the spreadsheet, could be a model w/ a 90kWh battery, which likely is slightly higher priority of production than those of us with 60s. Lot of factors but hopefully we aren't far behind.

My DS emailed me today to set up a pickup appointment (August 9th). Seems early to already set it up as he said the car will enter production on Monday and they should have it by the first week in August. I was hoping I would be able to pick it up earlier but am still happy to have a firm date and not have things up in the air.

Reactions: BrandonR22
It should be noted that when I did the factory tour last Thursday, that there was no rhyme or reason to the cars coming down the line. Every car that made it down the line was a different color, different model (X, S, various battery sizes) and even right hand drive models interspersed.

I would have thought that for efficiency they would have bunched similar types together. Not so. So those with right hand drive fear not, the factory isn't slowing you down. It all has to be transportation / boat availability related.

Hello!

First time poster but have been following these forums for quite some time (years).

I ordered my car late June and Confirmed July 2nd. Received my vin with an hour of confirming.

I did not hear from my DS until today but said it would be entering production on July 25th for delivery to Santa Barbara, CA very early August.

I still hope it will be earlier but that seems like wishful thinking.
I saw your most recent post.. 25th was almost right on point.. Lets me know that most if not all DS's know exactly what day it will go into production.

Reactions: LAPG
I saw your most recent post.. 25th was almost right on point.. Lets me know that most if not all DS's know exactly what day it will go into production.

He was spot on. I feel like if they have this info it would be very easy to put more clarity on the my tesla page. This would make the buying experience even better. Although, keeping it vague makes it easier for them to deal with any issues that come up.

Reactions: BrandonR22
Just got an update on the Tesla site today. My previous delivery estimate of July 31st to August 14th has bumped up to July 25th - August 1st. Look like this week!

History so far:
Ordered: 6/20
Confirmed: 6/27
VIN Assigned: 6/28
Production start: 7/6
In Transit: 7/11

90D, Deep Blue Metallic, Tan Interior, Glossy Obeche, Pano, Auto Pilot, Premium Upgrades, Smart Air Suspension

I sent an email to my DS today. I have yet to hear from anyone except for 3 days after I originally placed the order. I'll be very surprised change this week. (As will Alliant.)

Picking my 60D up in Fremont on Thursday at 9:00! It confirmed July 1st and I ordered it a week before that. Production completed on Friday.
That is incredible. You confirmed 9 days before me and I'm not scheduled to take delivery until mid September! I'm also in California. Be sure to let us know how the delivery process goes and show some pics. I can't get enough delivery videos if you care to take one. Enjoy.