Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an update on the Tesla site today. My previous delivery estimate of July 31st to August 14th has bumped up to July 25th - August 1st. Look like this week!

History so far:
Ordered: 6/20
Confirmed: 6/27
VIN Assigned: 6/28
Production start: 7/6
In Transit: 7/11

90D, Deep Blue Metallic, Tan Interior, Glossy Obeche, Pano, Auto Pilot, Premium Upgrades, Smart Air Suspension

I sent an email to my DS today. I have yet to hear from anyone except for 3 days after I originally placed the order. I'll be very surprised change this week. (As will Alliant.)

Your car is on the same train as mine right now. It should in off soon. My date moved up to the later half of he first week of August.

Model S 60
White
Pano
19" wheels
Black next gen seats
Black Headliner
Matte obeche accents
Autopilot
Costa Mesa, California delivery.

I ordered a similar spec.
Ordered: 7/7/16
Confirmed: 7/15/16
No VIN yet.

Model S 60D
White
Pano
19" wheels
Black next gen seats
Black headliner
Figured Ash Wood
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades
Subzero weather
Mount Kisco, NY delivery

Last edited:
Looks like the Obeche Matte is the likely culprit. I chose that as well and got my VIN on July 1st and am still in production queue too.
I've got glossy Obeche and in the same boat. I'm pulling my hair out waiting and watching the spreadsheet.
White 60, Grey Leather, Pano, Obeche glossy.

Ordered 6/22, confirmed & VIN 6/29 and still haven't started production. My DS has been very responsive but not specific - I'm told mid-August and website says late July-August :/

I got my Confirmation/VIN on 7/1 but production hasn't started yet... A few people have jumped in front of me as well; I looked at the spreadsheet and the only differences I could see were that the cars that moved ahead didn't have these options:
  • Obeche Wood Matte Trim
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Air Susp
Maybe a supply issue with one or more of them?

I entered production, but haven't left production and it has been 10 days. The only item on there I got was the Obeche Wood Matte Trim. Maybe that is it.

I ordered a similar spec.
Ordered: 7/7/16
Confirmed: 7/15/16
No VIN yet.

Model S 60D
White
Pano
19" wheels
Black next gen seats
Black headliner
Figured Ash Wood
Autopilot
Premium Upgrades
Subzero weather
Mount Kisco, NY delivery
Order confirmed 7/1 . I was thinking of a Mt. Kisco pick up but decided on Brooklyn. I have a similar set-up but did not get the premium upgrades. I am either 2 weeks in front of you or they may come by train together. Good luck!

I think @Austral is right. Seeing the update, I contacted my DS Zac at the Decatur service center in Atlanta. Here's the relevant bit:

"Your inquiry is well timed, we’ve been informed your Tesla is due to arrive very soon! The date range shown on our MyTesla site is merely an estimated projection but not to worry, we’re closely watching our progress. We’re due an update from our Logistics team tomorrow; safe to say, your Tesla should be here soon! Upon arrival, our Service team will begin preparing your Tesla for your Delivery right away! They perform an exhaustive inspection, remedy any issue and fully detail your Tesla in preparation of the big day. They’ll then give us the green-light, thumbs up! As soon as we’re permitted, we’ll be scheduling your Delivery and Orientation appointment!"

So no official delivery date. But they are expecting the car soon.

I've long contemplated a cross-country train trip. Looks like my car got the chance before I did. (Oh how I wished they would turn on tracking in the Tesla app so you could follow its journey.)

• Helpful
Reactions: Austral
I've long contemplated a cross-country train trip. Looks like my car got the chance before I did. (Oh how I wished they would turn on tracking in the Tesla app so you could follow its journey.)

They really should do this, sort of a tracking only mode or something. For all of us obsessed it'd be nice.

My Tesla S 60D delivery window also just updated (MyTesla) this morning (7/25) from late July - August to 7/27 - 8/3. Hopefully, the car is on a truck on the way from the train depot.

That seems more like production is done and it's either on route or already at the pickup location with a final look over happening, as sounds like shipping would take longer than 2 days to get to NC. Fastest would be truck, and from personal experience would be nearly impossible to get it there in 2 days (driving a non truck vehicle).