Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at the "in production" dates more & it seems that 3 days is pretty standard. There are a lot of cars that entered production on 7/25 and ended production on 7/28. There are also some cars that entered production on 7/26 & finished on 7/29 and 7/27 to 7/30. My car started on 7/28. Only 1 person with a production date after 7/28 has reported that production has ended (@sblus from 7/29 to 8/2 today). I'm hoping to get notification of ending production soon. Most other cars that began production on a Thursday over the last few weeks didn't take longer than until the following Tuesday (today) to finish production.
I must be the 'other one' your referring to. I started 7/28 and just checked and still in production. 90D to Texas (Dallas).

Reactions: hybridbear
So I am all excited because I see an email from the Tesla rep. I figure i'm getting a delivery date for next week :) Instead he just repeats the Tesla.com "August-early September" refrain :( WTH! Again, I am forced to repeat my mantra:patience,patience,patience. He just wanted trade-in info etc.....

Yours ended production 5 days before mine. I hoping that means my car arrives in Charlotte in ~5 days. This is also a good note to show how sometimes you just get unlucky. I ordered 10 days before you, but due to issues you can't predict I am watching your progress to determine how quickly I might get mine. With my luck I am still waiting for my car to get loaded on a train :)
I called my DS (Shannon) and got a delivery date scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Has yours shipped yet?

Based on Prod-start date, days in production is quite consistent recently. Average is looking to be under 5 the last month. This is a sign the factory is running smoothly and no parts shortages are holding any in-progress cars up. Notice the "noise" of high DiP in late 2014 (new "P85D" back then) and various noise throughout 2015. Much more consistent lately.

upload_2016-8-2_17-3-2.png

Last edited:
I was looking at the "in production" dates more & it seems that 3 days is pretty standard. There are a lot of cars that entered production on 7/25 and ended production on 7/28. There are also some cars that entered production on 7/26 & finished on 7/29 and 7/27 to 7/30. My car started on 7/28. Only 1 person with a production date after 7/28 has reported that production has ended (@sblus from 7/29 to 8/2 today). I'm hoping to get notification of ending production soon. Most other cars that began production on a Thursday over the last few weeks didn't take longer than until the following Tuesday (today) to finish production.
I didn't get an email notification on production ending -- I just saw it this morning after one of my many rounds of obsessively reloading the My Tesla page. ;-) I did send my DS an email yesterday with a question on the MVPA, and she called me back today to follow up on that and to also schedule delivery at the factory. Totally excited!

Just got off the phone with my DS after sending an email to see if there was something from my end holding me up since I was quickly approaching being a statistical anomaly from our data. Seems their production window was this week from the start and those going early have just happened to have all their parts ready to go and got put in an early production slot. Sounds like I should be in production soon but next week at the latest... keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow/Thursday at the latest.

I sent my DS an e-mail this afternoon to see if he had any more information and he replied in part:
At this time your Model S has completed production is currently undergoing final vehicle testing. Soon after your Model S completes vehicle testing logistics is established and I am updated on the shipping ETA.

Thank you for sharing more specifics regarding your lease ending. I put a request in to have your Model S transported to our Service Center by truck if there is a truck available. This is unlikely at this time of the shipping cycle as all vehicles are moved by rail except for some relocation of our fleet vehicles between service centers, but I wanted to do all that I can for you.

Please plan as though your vehicle is being transported by rail, and I will be sure to notify you if our Logistics team has a truck available going to the Midwest after your Model S completes testing.

At this time I can currently estimate having your Model S ready for delivery acceptance between August 30th and September 7th.

So, based on the current delivery estimate, it takes about 4 weeks to transport by rail from Cali to MN... :(

I asked my DS too and still waiting for a reply. Cnasty's rep said all cars to Dallas come by rail. I'm verifying it by my DS too
I will say that when my DS initially contacted me back in April after my confirmation date, she mentioned that there was going to be a "trial" of sending by rail (which would add about a week). As my date drew nearer, she confirmed that it would be by truck.

I think it took about 5 days by truck (even though they said 7-10). Rail was supposed to double the time.

I checked in with my DS and got a response today. My Vin assigned 7/21, DS indicated I should go into production in the next week. Not sure if that means next week, or within a week from today (which is what I'm going with). Hope that helps.

Got an email from my DS on Thursday and he stated my MS60D would go into production next week. Well, next week is here and it started production today 8-2-16

So, I just called my pick up site in NOVA and was able to setup an appointment to get the car. Woooootttttttt!!!!! They said it is scheduled to arrive TODAY!! They need a couple of days to prep it. I'm all set for Friday at 4pm.

Side note, I did confirm that I am all paid up and all that is needed is my signature and proof of insurance. I already uploaded the policy, but she specifically said I need to have the card indicatong the car is covered. I'm not totally sure thats true. I think you just need to have proof of insurance. The car should be covered for (I think) 5 days after driving off lot. In any event, I will have that card.

Second side note.... My final MVPA said delivery august 3rd. So, I'd say it's pretty accurate.

EDIT: spoke with my insurance guy. He said he has helped 5 other clients get a Tesla. All required proof of coverage for that specific car before they were allowed to leave the lot. Apparently, it's a Tesla specific thing.

Great news MGMDaware! I get mine this Friday too!!!!!

Reactions: MGMDaware