Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear what your DS will say since I'm on the same timeline as you, and plan to take delivery near you as well. I can't even get my DS to get back to me. Sent two emails last week and one just a minute ago to follow up since I never got a response to my original or first follow-up email.

Good to hear what your DS will say since I'm on the same timeline as you, and plan to take delivery near you as well. I can't even get my DS to get back to me. Sent two emails last week and one just a minute ago to follow up since I never got a response to my original or first follow-up email.

If you didn't see when I said before, last I heard from my DS he said he expects to go into production the week of Aug 22nd and an early September delivery.

I did choose "earliest delivery available" and the spreadsheet shows you chose September. I wonder if that affects the delivery at all since I'm looking like a September delivery anyway.

It's been 42 days since I confirmed. Mytesla Page still has delivery window says 8/20-93. At first I thought it seemed long then I compared to others on spread sheet and only see 14 others who took longer (I assume there are some longer who haven't yet received their cars but I sorted by "days from confirm to delivery" column). Assuming it's the first day in the date range that's 56 days which would be 6th worst on the spreadsheet, WTF?. Now I won't have any guilty pestering DS,
Also, when I finalized the last of my financing with Alliance (also all my check marks are green and balance $0 on MyTesla page) the Alliant guy mentioned the 26th is my date I asked him if that was accurate and he kinda walked it back, saying he may have been confusing me with someone else??

He probably knows and is right I guess? I can't take the wait anymore!!!!!

I confirmed on 7/18 (P90DL), and am scheduled for delivery in Tempe, AZ on 8/23. Car just got to AZ today. I would ask where your car is? I know they don't go in order, but they should have an idea where you are in line.

I have (up until I studied the spread sheet yesterday I thought I was being too much of a bother), but now that I see how unusually long mine is taking, I no longer care!

@Carnage, I think we are on the same train! I ordered the day before you and it looks like we have the same time frame.. My DS told me that my car will arrive in Alabama this weekend... and then will have to make its way to philly after that. so another two weeks it seems.

Highest Model S Assigned or Delivered VIN = 133,159 (03/08/2016) (M/D/Y)

Source: Model S Delivery Update

If you would like to participate in TMC's MODEL S ORDER TRACKING, please go to this link and enter your order info: -> http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZiDkogRyBqHMEnlWJT4HA8BKxYjR5J-z5TPikra8gQ/edit#gid=456592867

Enter your order info on the correct sheet - the sheets are quarter based.

(Note: to edit the "Source" link above, use the button in the dialog box for linking to a URL - you cannot just change the numbers to match the post - I tried - it doesn't work!)

(PS, it is easy to find the information to link to a specific post in the TMC forum - just click on the post number on the right side of the post and look in the address bar at the top.)

Nice, thanks!

As an FYI, you can actually edit your post, there is a little edit button at the button you can click and go back and fix mistakes..

You know what's weird, I tried doing that yesterday but Edit wasn't an option on my desktop browser. I saw it only on mobile browser. I even tried to spoof by changing my user agent to an iphone, but it still didn't work. Weird.

@Carnage, I think we are on the same train! I ordered the day before you and it looks like we have the same time frame.. My DS told me that my car will arrive in Alabama this weekend... and then will have to make its way to philly after that. so another two weeks it seems.

So yours is being delivered to Devon as well AND DS told you not until the weekend of 9/27? I hope not I was really hoping for this weekend but looking less and less likely.

The time for me (and worse for you) between ordering and receiving is about 2 months, that is waaaaay too long

@fallen888 that's strange... works perfectly for me on my laptop. I'm using Chrome, what browser were you using?

Chrome everywhere - Windows desktop and Android phone.

Also as an update, my home builder's electrician is coming tomorrow to fix the garage outlet and install the NEMA 14-50 vs what I think is a NEMA 14-30 outlet.

Nice! Good luck.

Reactions: javawolfpack
Spoke with my DS regarding my order/build timeline today and as I assumed he said other cars could be ordered after me and built before based off of build options and what the factory has going down the line (air suspension, colors, etc.) I guess that means it's a bit of luck to get your car built soon after ordering Instead of 40+ days after.

New timeline is expected delivery in first half of September. (Initial order was 3 July).

Thinking I could be up to 30 more days out after already waiting 44 days (since initial order) is a bit hard to swallow, especially when seeing people take delivery 30-35 days after ordering.

All because of bad luck it seems.

@Odebek thanks for the info, but definitely NOT what I want to hear! Is that train being pulled by hamsters? Mine has been listed as "in transit" since 8/1, is that when yours started too?

I finished production on the 10th. Spoke to my DS today and she told me that they load on Trucks from Alabama to Philly, that is only a 12 hour drive, so I am hoping for next week.

So yours is being delivered to Devon as well AND DS told you not until the weekend of 9/27? I hope not I was really hoping for this weekend but looking less and less likely.

The time for me (and worse for you) between ordering and receiving is about 2 months, that is waaaaay too long

My original quoted timeframe was "Late August, Early Sept" so I guess they are still on track to hit that. What did yours say?