Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to strike the right balance, and in a startup that has limited cash reserves and whose profitability is dependent on production capacity (not inefficient communication or reservation holder satisfaction), the product has got to win out.
For those that disagree with this, listen again to the Conf Call. They are production-constrained, not demand-constrained. Any effort spent to increase or retain demand, at the expense of production, is improperly spent.

I admit that my good-natured impatience is growing with the square of the time to delivery. But it's not unreasonable to expect premium service for premium dollars. Hopefully, my head won't explode before the car arrives.:scared:

+1 Charged_Up to everything you wrote! My most expensive car ever was under $40k, and other than my house this is the biggest purchase I've made by a wide margin, and I'm doing it mostly blind. My wife thinks I'm totally nuts. A little extra communication isn't too much to ask!

Untitled.jpg

Eric, really appreciate the post - more fun than reading about communication issues. Any idea of the reservation numbers/VINs? Thanks!

I think you get the prize for waiting the longest time before your first post! :wink:

+1 Charged_Up to everything you wrote! My most expensive car ever was under $40k, and other than my house this is the biggest purchase I've made by a wide margin, and I'm doing it mostly blind. My wife thinks I'm totally nuts. A little extra communication isn't too much to ask!

The funny thing is that my wife often thinks I'm nuts, but she was the one prodding my to go for the performance upgrade (and she looks for a bargain in everything she buys) ... never, never attempt to figure out women, even after you've lived with them for decades!

The funny thing is that my wife often thinks I'm nuts, but she was the one prodding my to go for the performance upgrade (and she looks for a bargain in everything she buys) ... never, never attempt to figure out women, even after you've lived with them for decades!

Hey Guys,

Sanity is greatly overrated. :biggrin:

Larry

Again I find three new pages dealing with hand wringing in this thread :crying:

I am thankful to all you Signature res holders, your early move displays a lot of courage. But you're paying for a signature car, not for a platinum communications package. There are pains to bear and, again, I am thankful that you take the brunt.

But, remember: if you now bail out of your Signature slot, someone else on the Signature wait list who moved in as late as Jun 2012 will take delivery of a Model S within the next 3 months, passing all general production res holders who waited for much longer! Is that fair?!

Again I find three new pages dealing with hand wringing in this thread :crying:

I am thankful to all you Signature res holders, your early move displays a lot of courage. But you're paying for a signature car, not for a platinum communications package. There are pains to bear and, again, I am thankful that you take the brunt.

But, remember: if you now bail out of your Signature slot, someone else on the Signature wait list who moved in as late as Jun 2012 will take delivery of a Model S within the next 3 months, passing all general production res holders who waited for much longer! Is that fair?!

Those that moved in had to send in a $40K deposit in order to secure that spot and an earlier delivery date of their car.

While I still believe that Tesla will come through and get close to 5000 cars out this year, if the hand-wringing going on now turns out to be accurate and they only get some fraction of that done, a current sig customer would have to think twice about deferring due to the uncertainty of the tax credit next year. It has occurred to me that those who have questioned why they have to pay ~3K more for a sig model than the same model similarly configured after the sigs are all out may not have realized that the sig customers are much more certain of getting the $7500 tax credit.

The purpose of this thread is to:

Post a quick update of the most recent delivery data reported e.g. Last Delivery/reference link "Founders 11 June 22nd --http://www.teslamotors.com/model-s-has-arrived" . Please keep commentary to a minimum. Another option would be for TMC to post a banner on the Model S page with last delivery (why not throw in the finalize data too!)

While I enjoy most of the discussion of TMC, I must remind everyone that this thread is intended to be a place where we can get the latest delivery info "with minimum" (I knew that we would sometimes drift off topic so I did not say "no commentary" the 1st post by DrComputer was not a "delivery update" but yet was a great find).

Mods: Any thoughts on my banner idea with the last reported "Reservation" "Finalize" and "Delivery" numbers on the home page? This would save so much time trolling for this data which could be used for great Off Topic discussions ON OTHER THREADS !!! Thanks.

Joe Fee

While I enjoy most of the discussion of TMC, I must remind everyone that this thread is intended to be a place where we can get the latest delivery info "with minimum" (I knew that we would sometimes drift off topic so I did not say "no commentary" the 1st post by DrComputer was not a "delivery update" but yet was a great find).

Mods: Any thoughts on my banner idea with the last reported "Reservation" "Finalize" and "Delivery" numbers on the home page? This would save so much time trolling for this data which could be used for great Off Topic discussions ON OTHER THREADS !!! Thanks.

Joe Fee

Have you considered just updating your original post with updated information?