Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Just got a call from Tesla plant. They have a car already made with same specs however they are upgrading with panoramic roof with no charge. I asked why they would do this and was told they are trying to make Q3 sales. They can't guarantee cupholders in rear but I figure I can get a third party add on. Has anyone else gotten a call? I will update when it will be shipped.

• Informative
Reactions: singleview
Car went into production on 9/13, finished 9/14, SC called and said he expects I can take delivery by 9/30! Seems a bit fast, but not complaining. Excited. Hoping for rear cup holders as well!

Can I ask a question? I swear I'm not being snarky, just honestly curious. I have seen *so* many people on this forum stoked about the rear cupholders. Is this really a big deal? I think my car is going to have them (manufactured 9/8), but I'm pretty indifferent about it.

I'm trying to remember the last time I've had someone in the back seat with a beverage. Maybe I need more friends, or more friends who drink.

According to the website, my car should be here 9/21-28, it's in transit now :) !!!

That is awesome; and a P100D at that! I am excited for you.

Can I ask a question? I swear I'm not being snarky, just honestly curious. I have seen *so* many people on this forum stoked about the rear cupholders. Is this really a big deal? I think my car is going to have them (manufactured 9/8), but I'm pretty indifferent about it.

I'm trying to remember the last time I've had someone in the back seat with a beverage. Maybe I need more friends, or more friends who drink.

Not considered snarky at all. For me (and my family) while I HATE anyone eating or drinking in my car (reserved only for the minivan), we always carry bottles of water with us, especially in Hotlanta. While I will not cry if I do not have them, you wouldn't believe the amount of time we have 4 plus beverages. Plus, I equate the cup holders to the addition of the USBs, which are equally important with twin 7 year olds with ipads. ;)

Reactions: CraigS

Means a change was made. Some changes are not even known till down the road. So maybe when they stopped to retool for cup holders and USB ports they did something else too?

Update: Just got a call from Tesla plant. They have a car already made with same specs however they are upgrading with panoramic roof with no charge. I asked why they would do this and was told they are trying to make Q3 sales. They can't guarantee cupholders in rear but I figure I can get a third party add on. Has anyone else gotten a call? I will update when it will be shipped.
Wow. That's amazing that you got the call. Pano roof at no charge sounds awesome.

If you would like to participate in TMC's MODEL S ORDER TRACKING, please go to this link and enter your order info: -> http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZiDkogRyBqHMEnlWJT4HA8BKxYjR5J-z5TPikra8gQ/edit#gid=456592867
I just wanted to say that this tracking spreadsheet has been incredibly valuable. I've been updating my info along the way to better understand my impatience vs reality. I do hope more people continue to post their updates, especially the last final dates. I'll complete my entry once I take delivery in the next few days. Just waiting for confirmation from DS. :D

They just moved my pickup date to tomorrow! Woohoo! I will let you know about the cup holder. I do have my insurance all setup. This was interesting. I have been with State Farm since I was 16 years old. I asked them for a quote on my Tesla and it was $360 per month! This includes all of the discounts I have for multi-vehicle and having my house insured with them. I found someone on this forum who recommended Amica so I gave them a call. Amica will insure both my Tesla and my wife's Jeep Wrangler for only $260 per month. I think the Tesla by itself would have also been $260, but by adding the Jeep, we get the multi-vehicle discount which basically makes the Jeep insurance free. Anyway, I hope this helps.

I just picked my car up today! It is freaking amazing! .... oh, and it has the rear cup holders! :)
4052664337257871496-account_id=1.jpg

I think it has to do with the general excitement over getting the car. Will it have AP 2.0 hardware? Will it have 8.0 firmware? Will it have upholders? Will it have USB ports? What range will I really get? What is the delivery like? What will owning a Tesla be like? Please!

Nobody will get AP 2.0 in the near term, everybody will get 8.0 firmware, and so we have to dither over the cupholder.

Last edited: