Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my original delivery was set for late November / early December. Like many other people I got a call from the Tesla factory earlier this month asking if I would take early delivery in exchange for a waived destination fee. I agreed and the person I spoke with at the factory said I would 'definitely' get the car by the end of the month.

Given the promise, I made arrangements to turn my existing lease in early - I'm a but concerned though because I need to turn in my lease in 10 days and my model S hasn't entered production yet. I think I may be without a car for a while. My DS naturally isn't aware of what is happening at the factory. Aside from using uber for a few weeks is there anything else I can do? It seems strange that Tesla really wanted to move up the delivery date, but may now be struggling to make it happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Reekdog
So my original delivery was set for late November / early December. Like many other people I got a call from the Tesla factory earlier this month asking if I would take early delivery in exchange for a waived destination fee. I agreed and the person I spoke with at the factory said I would 'definitely' get the car by the end of the month.

Given the promise, I made arrangements to turn my existing lease in early - I'm a but concerned though because I need to turn in my lease in 10 days and my model S hasn't entered production yet. I think I may be without a car for a while. My DS naturally isn't aware of what is happening at the factory. Aside from using uber for a few weeks is there anything else I can do? It seems strange that Tesla really wanted to move up the delivery date, but may now be struggling to make it happen.

Let Tesla know. You did the company a favor to buy it in this quarter. They can give you an older model S loaner until yours arrives. Has been done many times before.

Check this out...I had read somewhere in this post that Tesla would match the trade-in from a Carmax quote to buy my current Tesla. They told me "great, we actually have a deal with Tesla where they will buy them from us." So I took my current P85D in to Carmax off of 595 in Davie, FL today. They offered me $33,500 less than Tesla. When I told them about the wide discrepancy they were unapologetic and said I should take Tesla's offer. Crazy.

Just picked up yesterday. Love it! The Costa Mesa delivery center said they were doing 40 deliveries that day. Wow!

Attachments

• IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 126
Just picked up my Blue 75D from Fremont factory. Had a late pickup so I couldn't do the factory tour, but will schedule another day. Aside from the waiting (which wasn't really that long), the overall experience was really really good. Paper work was fairly minimal. Trade in was a breeze and received good value for it. Financing was quick and painless. I really like the sales model.

I used the checklist from @AZ Desert Driver Tesla Checklist. Thanks for that. Found a few protective clear stickers still stuck to places, most likely a sign of rushing as many cars as they can. It's a non-issue for me.

Only thing that caught me off guard was that I didn't get a Slacker Radio login (so searches do not currently work) and the MS isn't linked to my phone app. I need to wait 24-48 hours for both, which isn't bad considering I already waited a few weeks. So I cannot show that off just yet...

Attachments

• Tesla-1.jpg
    Tesla-1.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 108
Just picked up my Blue 75D from Fremont factory. Had a late pickup so I couldn't do the factory tour, but will schedule another day. Aside from the waiting (which wasn't really that long), the overall experience was really really good. Paper work was fairly minimal. Trade in was a breeze and received good value for it. Financing was quick and painless. I really like the sales model.

I used the checklist from @AZ Desert Driver Tesla Checklist. Thanks for that. Found a few protective clear stickers still stuck to places, most likely a sign of rushing as many cars as they can. It's a non-issue for me.

Only thing that caught me off guard was that I didn't get a Slacker Radio login (so searches do not currently work) and the MS isn't linked to my phone app. I need to wait 24-48 hours for both, which isn't bad considering I already waited a few weeks. So I cannot show that off just yet...
Gorgeous and thanks for posting the checklist link!

Reactions: eggcited
It has been a long time since I posted in this forum. It was a long and painful wait from Order date to Delivery:

Order Date: 7/8/16
Confirmation Date: 7/15/16
Vin Date: 7/24/16
Prod Start: 9/8/16 (based on tesla email)
Prod End: 9/9/16 (based on tesla email)
Delivery Date: 9/16/16

The delivery was very exciting. I brought the aforementioned checklist and everything went well. The only complaint I have was the cleanliness of the car. It appeared they rushed through the car wash/detail, but everything was able to be cleaned with a simple wipe.

The wait is worth it! This is an amazing vehicle. Good luck to those still waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_9049.JPG
    IMG_9049.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 102
The current deals on 75s were too good to pass up, so we just switched our order to a new inventory car. For the same price as our 60D we got a 75D with every option except rear-facing seats.View attachment 195126

Congrats! I just did the exact same thing (switched my 60D order for a 75D inventory). However my discount was only around $8k - you got a sweet deal with a $14,900 discount! Your 75D is only about $1k more than mine but with a ton more upgrades. Did you find this one online, or did your Tesla rep find it before it went up?

Seriously, how did you swing that deal. Here's a similar loaded 75D:

Model S 75D 5YJSA1E23GF155966 | Tesla

That one is $86k with a $7,800 discount. You basically got double the discount on the same car!

That car doesn't have cold weather or high amp charging either. :)

My VIN is quite a bit lower which might have something to do with it. I just emailed my guy at Tesla asking about the 75D deals I've been seeing. He passed me off to someone else who called me and we discussed what was available and what features I needed vs wanted. The first few offers suggested didn't sound too exciting and then he came up with the one I accepted.

Reactions: dckiwi
That car doesn't have cold weather or high amp charging either. :)

My VIN is quite a bit lower which might have something to do with it. I just emailed my guy at Tesla asking about the 75D deals I've been seeing. He passed me off to someone else who called me and we discussed what was available and what features I needed vs wanted. The first few offers suggested didn't sound too exciting and then he came up with the one I accepted.

Congrats! I had a similarly equipped red MS, but the discount was not nearly as good. Had 267 miles and was $8,300 off. I would have jumped all over this one and I am glad you did! :)