Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who took the pushed up delivery option for waived delivery fees gotten an update? When they made me the offer they said delivery would be by the end of the month, but my car isn't even showing in production yet. On the other hand, I saw about 50 new inventory cars hit the ev-cpo site today, so it does look like they are ramping up production.

Has anyone who took the pushed up delivery option for waived delivery fees gotten an update? When they made me the offer they said delivery would be by the end of the month, but my car isn't even showing in production yet. On the other hand, I saw about 50 new inventory cars hit the ev-cpo site today, so it does look like they are ramping up production.
Yes. I agreed to early delivery from November to ASAP for the waived delivery fee. I said yes last week, I pick it up this Saturday.

Yes. I agreed to early delivery from November to ASAP for the waived delivery fee. I said yes last week, I pick it up this Saturday.

Interesting. Just a few questions if you don't mind me asking...

Did they send you the update emails immediately? and if you leased, did the checkbox under payment change from the exclamation mark?

As soon as I agreed to the early delivery I did the leasing application and was approved the same day, but the green check mark still isn'
t showing and I haven't heard anything in about a week.

Have a great weekend in your new car :)

Interesting. Just a few questions if you don't mind me asking...

Did they send you the update emails immediately? and if you leased, did the checkbox under payment change from the exclamation mark?

As soon as I agreed to the early delivery I did the leasing application and was approved the same day, but the green check mark still isn'
t showing and I haven't heard anything in about a week.

Have a great weekend in your new car :)
I got a call asking if I want to deliver early. Long story short I said yes, and he rerouted a car from the train to my delivery center near me. He said they would be in touch. I filled out a credit app for the lease after the call.

I got a call the next day asking when I wanted to set delivery, we set it for this Saturday. She told me finance would be in touch soon to discuss my numbers.

Finance emailed me 2 days later with the numbers and after approving the terms/miles we wanted were told that 1-3 days before delivery the online portal will change from a question mark to a payment screen for the down payment remainder. I can either have it drafted from my account or bring a cashiers check with me when I pick up.

Did you do inventory car or building one quick? If building, maybe that's the delay.

1-2 day production, lately. You're in AZ so that's 2-3 days. May work out by end of month.

My 60D finished production today. It was listed in production from 9/6 to 9/14, so that seems on the longer side compared to other recent reports. After being marked in transit, my delivery estimate went from Late Sep-Oct to Sep 21-28. That's pretty soon and hard to imagine it can get cross country and then shipped to my house by then, but I guess we will see.

My 60D finished production today. It was listed in production from 9/6 to 9/14, so that seems on the longer side compared to other recent reports. After being marked in transit, my delivery estimate went from Late Sep-Oct to Sep 21-28. That's pretty soon and hard to imagine it can get cross country and then shipped to my house by then, but I guess we will see.

patyoungsc---our same production days. Our delivery window was 18th to Oct. 2nd. I expect a phone call to schedule. However, my "SC" is Southern California. Good luck. We just got the charger final inspection today!

Let us know if you get yours with the rear cup holder!

Did you get your insurance quotes in place already? What did you get??

They just moved my pickup date to tomorrow! Woohoo! I will let you know about the cup holder. I do have my insurance all setup. This was interesting. I have been with State Farm since I was 16 years old. I asked them for a quote on my Tesla and it was $360 per month! This includes all of the discounts I have for multi-vehicle and having my house insured with them. I found someone on this forum who recommended Amica so I gave them a call. Amica will insure both my Tesla and my wife's Jeep Wrangler for only $260 per month. I think the Tesla by itself would have also been $260, but by adding the Jeep, we get the multi-vehicle discount which basically makes the Jeep insurance free. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Reactions: singleview
They just moved my pickup date to tomorrow! Woohoo! I will let you know about the cup holder. I do have my insurance all setup. This was interesting. I have been with State Farm since I was 16 years old. I asked them for a quote on my Tesla and it was $360 per month! This includes all of the discounts I have for multi-vehicle and having my house insured with them. I found someone on this forum who recommended Amica so I gave them a call. Amica will insure both my Tesla and my wife's Jeep Wrangler for only $260 per month. I think the Tesla by itself would have also been $260, but by adding the Jeep, we get the multi-vehicle discount which basically makes the Jeep insurance free. Anyway, I hope this helps.
Congrats! I'm doing State Farm for under $100 a month, but I'm old, and live in the sticks.

We've been with State farm for years with Cars and house. They wanted $250/month just for the Tesla and $100 for the Mercedes C300 we have. We switched to ESurance by Allstate with the same high coverage 500k etc for $190 each month for both cars.