Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Regular Sig #2. No sign of the car. No VIN either.
So much for writing them a big check on day 1, back in early 2009.

I understand some batching issues, but that's just absurd. At a minimum, Sig #2 deserves communication and heartfelt apologies about why the batching is giving them the short end of the stick.

Some important information is being left out by Lauent, which is unfair to Tesla:
From post #552 of this thread:

Regular Sig #2. Was told today to expect delivery Oct. 5-19. Config: Red performance with pano roof, silver wheels and black interior.

Let's not beat up on Tesla needlessly.

I'm Sig 1199, just got my email to "help prepare for delivery". Cool! Asks me to verify my delivery address, configuration (pdf was attached), method of payment, and to say the delivery window is 10/29-11/12. Not too far off.... when I configured my order in July the Pre MVPA said delivery was expected "October 2012".

Wow, while the waiting was (is) uncomfortable the delivery date appears to be within ±2 weeks of the estimate I was given back in July.

Will post of course when I get the actual delivery date, but this looks to me like Tesla has a real chance of delivering ALL sigs by the 2nd week of November.

Will post of course when I get the actual delivery date, but this looks to me like Tesla has a real chance of delivering ALL sigs by the 2nd week of November.
If they're going to hit 3000-3500 for the year, they'd better. After the 1000 US Sigs by mid November, they'll need 2000+ cars in 6 weeks to hit their (already once reduced) number. That's 300-400 cars a week which is pretty close to full run rate. In other words, they'll need to be at full speed by the end of the Sigs.

A friend in Bethesda just called to say how much fun he's having with his Model S. He was a very low S#, but not SS. VIN is 183; black/tan, pano, Sig, non-performance. He's had the car a few days.

He reports that he will never let a valet drive the car! The driving approach is too different -- very sensitive throttle with no audio cue that you're moving, so he's sure that he'd be met by a long-faced valet informing him of the fateful encounter with a concrete post.

My friend was bubbling over with praise for this car (and he has owned many excellent cars). The only negative he could find was that the front plate looks ugly. At first he tried going without the plate, but he when he parked it near the World Bank on the street, he found a $50 ticket, marked tow. He drove straight over to the K Street shop and had them install the front plate holder. So sad.

Yes, DC is very good at collecting money on other states laws...

I am curious as the S has very particular towing requirements, who is responsible for damage caused by incorrect towing in this case (had he been towed also)?

I'll have to keep my eye's out for a local S now!

A friend in Bethesda just called to say how much fun he's having with his Model S. He was a very low S#, but not SS. VIN is 183; black/tan, pano, Sig, non-performance. He's had the car a few days.

He reports that he will never let a valet drive the car! The driving approach is too different -- very sensitive throttle with no audio cue that you're moving, so he's sure that he'd be met by a long-faced valet informing him of the fateful encounter with a concrete post.

My friend was bubbling over with praise for this car (and he has owned many excellent cars). The only negative he could find was that the front plate looks ugly. At first he tried going without the plate, but he when he parked it near the World Bank on the street, he found a $50 ticket, marked tow. He drove straight over to the K Street shop and had them install the front plate holder. So sad.

Not the Canadian SSLs. (I feel like a skipping record, uh CD, here...)
Or European, or Singapore, etc. I realize Canadian Sigs are earlier than those, but US was always shipping first and other countries would follow so I'm not sure if there's value in specifically pointing out Canada as an exception each time we talk about Sig sequencing.

Or European, or Singapore, etc. I realize Canadian Sigs are earlier than those, but US was always shipping first and other countries would follow so I'm not sure if there's value in specifically pointing out Canada as an exception each time we talk about Sig sequencing.

Except that Tesla had said that the Canadian Sigs would immediately follow the US ones, and they obviously are not.