Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order 12/7, confirmed 12/15, 2016 model year VIN issued 12/18, VIN replaced with 2017 model year 12/21. MyTesla updated today to "Your Tesla is in Production" still with late January/February delivery estimate (original estimate was late March, but was quickly changed to Jan/Feb). Woo hoo!

No email or call from DS.

Ordered MS60 on Dec 11, confirmed Dec18, got 2017 VIN Dec 22, "in production" Feb 1. My Tesla still says late January/February delivery. I figure late Jan is going to be a stretch. Anyone have a guesstimate on how long in production and then delivery?

People say as you get older time flies by. Just try waiting for your new Tesla to be delivered, time almost comes to a standstill!

I placed my S90D order on 1/15. Order confirmed and VIN issued on 1/22. My DS says that the car is slated for production during the week of 2/27 with estimated mid/late March delivery.

Time for the silly question: Where on the MyTesla page is the delivery estimate found? Under "What's Next?" mine just states "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory." There is no estimated delivery stated. I'm more curious (and antsy) than anything else.

I also ordered my S60 on 1/15 and order confirmed and VIN issued on 1/22 and I live am in the Medical Center, so less than 5 miles from you...:). Emailed my DS yesterday and she said same thing...expect mid to late March delivery.

On your My Tesla page right below your VIN you should see "Estimated Delivery Range"

Also, if you haven't already seen it, there's a Google Spreadsheet that Tesla owners have been using for a while it seems to track order and delivery. One more page you can go refresh 50 times a day ...:)

Model S Order & Delivery 2017

We should exchange notes since we're so close and I've been thinking about things like tint etc. which I'm sure you have been to, let me know if you've decided on a place to get that done.

Reactions: TexLaw
On your My Tesla page right below your VIN you should see "Estimated Delivery Range"

We should exchange notes since we're so close and I've been thinking about things like tint etc. which I'm sure you have been to, let me know if you've decided on a place to get that done.

Well, I don't have that "Estimated Delivery Range" on my My Tesla page, so I guess I'll just have to use The Force. I can't imagine that my DS just pulled a specific production date/week out of his hat, so I'll go along with it. There really is no need for me to even think about it again until the end of the month. In the end, it will be when it is, and there's not a thing in the world I can do to speed it up.

In the meantime, I'll just refresh pages 50 times a day. Thanks for giving me another one. It's good to mix things up. :)

Yes, we certainly ought to compare notes. I've thought a little about tint, paint protection, etc., but not a great deal. I haven't done any in-depth investigation, though. I've seen a couple of names, but I failed to write them down, so I'll just have to go dig it all up. Again, I am trying to do what I can to put it all out of my mind for a few weeks (and failing miserably, obviously).

It'll be interesting to see how our production and delivery dates line up!

Trust your DS as long as they are communicating. My DS was accurate within 2 days. They have a better idea of the entire process than we are allowed to know.

As a tip to all future owners -- make sure your DS activates the car so it appears in your app. The app worked for me before I drove away because my DS was on top of it. Some people wait 24-48 hours and if you're in a cold area, not being able to preheat means miserable you and family.

• Helpful
Reactions: RacerX
Ordered MS60 on Dec 11, confirmed Dec18, got 2017 VIN Dec 22, "in production" Feb 1, "production complete" Feb 5.

We live a fair distance from any service center (Albuquerque, NM) so have chosen to have the car delivered directly to us.

Does anyone have experience on how the timeline might look for this direct delivery option?

Looking at the delivery spreadsheet, I am the only listed car ordered after 1/15 without a VIN number, but coincidentally (or the likely culprit), my S75 seems to be the only one that is not a "D" (four wheel drive) in that time. Maybe they schedule the "D" chassis assembly separately than the ones with one motor?

Got my new model s and wrapped it right away for paint protection :)
ZBYNFNu.jpg

Album here: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Reactions: dc_h and Ovulation
First 100d inventory car I've found. Nice Blue with white interior. And a very recent Vin #.

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28HF186714 | Tesla

That is a nice car. I did notice, though, that there is no discount from the price one would pay for ordering the very same car. Of course, the wait to take delivery is drastically reduced. That blue is a nice color. If it were the same configuration as what I have ordered, I might have jumped on it, but the $2k delivery charge isn't worth speeding things up (even more so if I were to lose my deposit).

I also ordered my S60 on 1/15 and order confirmed and VIN issued on 1/22 and I live am in the Medical Center, so less than 5 miles from you...:). Emailed my DS yesterday and she said same thing...expect mid to late March delivery.

Also, if you haven't already seen it, there's a Google Spreadsheet that Tesla owners have been using for a while it seems to track order and delivery. One more page you can go refresh 50 times a day ...:)

Model S Order & Delivery 2017

You have the same dates as me, I'm in Buffalo, NY - let's see who's gets delivered first. :)

Finally, my car has entered production as of 10 Feb. I was hoping that Tesla would get to it before they shut down on the 18th. Anyone know how long production normally takes and how long it takes them to ship to ATL?

2017 Model S 90D | Pearl White | Ultra White Interior | Glass Roof | 21" Grey Wheels | Smart Air Suspension | Premium Upgrade Package | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Enhanced AutoPilot | Full Self-Driving Capability | High Amperage Charger

Ours was perhaps a simpler build (MS60), but it only showed in production for 4 days. We are having the car shipped directly to us in Albuquerque. The DS says for us to expect 2 days detail and prep for shiping in CA and then a 3 day trip via truck to our house. If you are planing on picking the car up at a service center there in GA, I believe the normal route would be to finish production, do a check out in CA, ship to GA (perhaps via train) to the service center, final prep and detail at the service center, and then your pickup at the service center.

Enjoy your new car, sounds like it will be a lot of fun!