Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DIL, I'm in the same boat. Ordered 12/30 and no VIN. Original estimate was end of Feb/ early March. I'm going to call DS for an update tomorrow for an update
So I called, and my DS continues to be a pleasure to deal with. But the news remains the same: She said my delivery was pushed to end of March (I ordered 12/29) due to Tesla's "just-in-time manufacturing techniques." I told her, politely, that I had timed my order specifically to avoid an end-of-quarter delivery, and that I was hoping they could do something to help move it up, if at all possible. She replied that she was in touch with the production team and would get back to me if anything substantive changed in terms of timing. Stay tuned....

Wow, that's pretty good.
Was your original deliver estimate March or February?

BTW - where exactly does your VIN show up on?
I agree with you, DMack! That's exceptionally fast! How does that happen?? (I ordered mine on Dec. 11, 2017 and spoke with my OA yesterday and he actually says he is thinking I should have mine by the end of February. My production date is scheduled for Feb. 19th SO, it could happen....) Oh yes...you can see your VIN by signing in to Tesla.com and clicking on "My Account." You will then be taken to your order details and the VIN will be near the top of the page underneath the model you've ordered, next to a picture of your car.

Ordered 12/29/17, Confirmed 1/1/18.
Still no VIN.
Contacted DS today. She's been ultra-responsive and communicative.
But not good news: "Delivery has been pushed to end of March."
And I timed my order to avoid the end of quarter rush!
I live about 30 minutes from the Factory so this supports the fact that proximity is inversely related to delivery time.
I was told by my OA that orders for Model S placed in January are scheduled for March delivery. Not so sure it will be that early but you never know. My order, placed on Dec. 11 is scheduled to be delivered late Feb. I am thinking it'll be more like early to mid March but hoping for end Feb. Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: DMack
I was told by my OA that orders for Model S placed in January are scheduled for March delivery. Not so sure it will be that early but you never know. My order, placed on Dec. 11 is scheduled to be delivered late Feb. I am thinking it'll be more like early to mid March but hoping for end Feb. Good luck!

Ordered 2 days before you. Was told today that my 100D will enter production "next week". Hopefully yours is on the the same timeline!

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Ordered 2 days before you. Was told today that my 100D will enter production "next week". Hopefully yours is on the the same timeline!
Oh, that is so great!!!! That is REALLY early! After being given my Feb. 19th production date (I was told this by "Stanley" in Fremont, CA last week) I was pretty stoked but shot down when my DS said it could be the 26th or it could be the 12th (a week earlier or later...) Then I spoke to my OA yesterday and he said I should have the car HERE in Nashville by Feb. end. Ugh. The uncertainty is killing me! By the way....I had an electrician come today to do my charging outlet. I had him install a NEMA 15-40, running the wiring from my basement to the upper garage. He had to change out some of my "breakers" because even though we have 2 One hundred amp boxes, there weren't 4 spaces in a row remaining. So, there was quite a bit of labor involved plus the two double breakers he had to purchase to free up 4 spaces were $50 each. Ended up costing me $625 but I am ready to charge! (did not purchase the wall charger. Only had the 220 outlet installed but that's all I need.) OA says the wall charger ($500) doesn't charge a whole lot faster than the charging cord plugged into the outlet. Your 100D will charge faster than my 75 but I believe this was the way for me to go. KEEP me posted on your car!! I am excited for you!

Update!!!! I have a delivery appointment!

Ordered 20 December
Confirmed 24 December
VIN received 24 January
February build

DS called today I have a delivery appointment on 24 February in Orlando. I'm kind of shocked as I thought I was into March at least.
MS 75D Blue/Cream with EAP and PUP.

Reactions: DMack
Update!!!! I have a delivery appointment!

Ordered 20 December
Confirmed 24 December
VIN received 24 January
February build

DS called today I have a delivery appointment on 24 February in Orlando. I'm kind of shocked as I thought I was into March at least.
MS 75D Blue/Cream with EAP and PUP.
Awesome news! Makes one wonder what this tells us all about the whole process. No rhyme or reason to it at all. It makes no sense but hey, I am HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

I doubt it impacted my delivery date but I had ordered an inventory 100D in December. I was trying to beat the tax deadline but when it showed up the week before Xmas it had a large dent in the rear quarter panel. I just couldn't bring myself to pay over a $100K for a vehicle to go straight to the body shop. By that time the the tax rebate was still intact so I "downgraded" to the 75D and ordered online.

I doubt it impacted my delivery date but I had ordered an inventory 100D in December. I was trying to beat the tax deadline but when it showed up the week before Xmas it had a large dent in the rear quarter panel. I just couldn't bring myself to pay over a $100K for a vehicle to go straight to the body shop. By that time the the tax rebate was still intact so I "downgraded" to the 75D and ordered online.

Sorry to hear that. But I concur with your decision. No point to take a new car with a dent. BTW, did they offer you an incentive for the inconvenience? Just curious...

Reactions: CBPfromTN