Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed an update re: my order.
Car Ordered - 1/10
VIN Assigned - 1/25
Wow! That was fast! It took me over 2 months to even get my VIN.
Ordered 1/11

Vin assigned 1/24

Seems like they're manufacturing in batches. As orders from mid Nov. are booked for build in Feb...
I just spoke to someone in Fremont today, who told me my order placed on Nov. 11 is scheduled to begin Feb. 19th but all production dates are scheduled on Mondays but can be begun any day of that particular week. Of course, that is subject to change. It might be bumped up to Feb. 12 or moved back to Feb. 26th.....Making me crazy.

Wow! That was fast! It took me over 2 months to even get my VIN.

I just spoke to someone in Fremont today, who told me my order placed on Nov. 11 is scheduled to begin Feb. 19th but all production dates are scheduled on Mondays but can be begun any day of that particular week. Of course, that is subject to change. It might be bumped up to Feb. 12 or moved back to Feb. 26th.....Making me crazy.

Yeah, I was surprised too. However, I'm still mentally prepared to get the delivery by March end and if that holds, I'm fine with it. Earlier (early March) would be awesome of course :)

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Yeah, I was surprised too. However, I'm still mentally prepared to get the delivery by March end and if that holds, I'm fine with it. Earlier (early March) would be awesome of course :)

I ordered three days after you, and i'm told march as well.
The folks at the dealership gave me a glimmer of hope telling me that it could e moved up if production of EU/right hand side vehicles goes faster than expected for whatever reason.

I've anticipated thing sin my life, from video games, to moves to my motorcycles, but nothing compares to how excited (impatient) I am to get my MS :)

Quick update: my MS just arrived in Tilburg (Netherlands). Will get assembled, tested and then sent my way. No effect on estimated delivery date: still end of Feb-March. Cannot wait!

A bit disappointing news: the previous message was based on My Tesla website. However, during a subsequent call with DS initiated by me, I was informed that I should disregard the tracking status on the above-mentioned website. DS told me my Tesla was actually rather planned to reach Baltimore on 27 Jan (while apparently manufactured on 13 Jan rather than previously 8 Jan communicated to me by DS). Boat not yet confirmed. Delivery date though estimated to be beginning of March... a bit taken aback by this news... in other words, tracking system for manufacturing/delivery on My Tesla website appears to be inaccurate at best and to stay polite...

Really hope delivery will be start of March... and that Tesla improves communication to customers...

On plus side, DS was nice and informative even though not on a proactive basis... Also, DS agreed - upon my pressing request - on lending a MS for a weekend to make up for the wait...

Any similar experience in the community?

Reactions: CBPfromTN
I just received my vin this morning. Order was confirmed on the 11th. Can someone point me in the right direction to figure out how to read the vin number. Always see people posting about what letters mean in their vin but I have no clue lol Also added on the AP yesterday after the the 3 day grace period and my DS said they wouldnt charge the $500 fee, figured it was stupid to not have it on a Tesla.

I just received my vin this morning. Order was confirmed on the 11th. Can someone point me in the right direction to figure out how to read the vin number. Always see people posting about what letters mean in their vin but I have no clue lol Also added on the AP yesterday after the the 3 day grace period and my DS said they wouldnt charge the $500 fee, figured it was stupid to not have it on a Tesla.
Decoding Tesla Model S VINs

also my manual mirror tesla is offended that you called it stupid.

Premium Upgrade Package
Oh, gotcha! Nice! I love the blue color. It's really pretty. I also considered the red AFTER I had ordered the Obsidian Black but didn't want to pay the premium for changing after ordering. In my opinion, there really shouldn't be a fee for changing the COLOR of the car until closer to production, but I decided to pass since I am not positive about being happy with red. I KNOW I'll be happy with the Obsidian Black, so I'm good. I also like the white interior. At first, before I placed my order, I was getting the black interior.....then spoke to Adam in Fremont at length about all of the options etc. and after speaking to him, I was convinced I wanted the white. I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to see both of your new cars! Congratulations!