Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update!!!! I have a delivery appointment!

Ordered 20 December
Confirmed 24 December
VIN received 24 January
February build

DS called today I have a delivery appointment on 24 February in Orlando. I'm kind of shocked as I thought I was into March at least.
MS 75D Blue/Cream with EAP and PUP.

That's very encouraging :)

I'm still in the March delivery window, but I have a feeling that I could be taking delivery sooner than I think.
It seems as if Tesla gives you "worst case" dates, so that if/when they come in sooner it looks good on them.

Reactions: CBPfromTN and DIL
I doubt it impacted my delivery date but I had ordered an inventory 100D in December. I was trying to beat the tax deadline but when it showed up the week before Xmas it had a large dent in the rear quarter panel. I just couldn't bring myself to pay over a $100K for a vehicle to go straight to the body shop. By that time the the tax rebate was still intact so I "downgraded" to the 75D and ordered online.
Wow.....that is crazy! I am surprised they didn't fix it before you saw it but maybe you knew it was coming in and went to see it before they had time to fix it. Surely they didn't "miss" that and were going to just let it go! I would have been pretty upset. The only thing worse would be ordering your car, waiting on it and finally know it's arrived and seeing a huge dent in it. That would be so so bad. So, what color was your first car, the 100D? Interior color?

I place my order on 11/15 and have been told that my production date is not until the end of Feb, which means a March delivery
Gosh.....that's 4 days after I ordered mine. I also have been told that my production date is Feb. 19, but could be the 26th (end Feb.) OR Feb 12th.....So, I am probably looking at the same time for delivery even though, as they told ME, the dates could move up to earlier in February. Plz keep us posted. I'll do the same. BTW, I haven't spoken to my DS this week but I have spoken with my OA and he looked it up and said he thinks I'll have it by the end of Feb. The wait is difficult. Got my 15-40 outlet installed this week, so I am READY!

Reactions: nsxpert
Wow.....that is crazy! I am surprised they didn't fix it before you saw it but maybe you knew it was coming in and went to see it before they had time to fix it. Surely they didn't "miss" that and were going to just let it go! I would have been pretty upset. The only thing worse would be ordering your car, waiting on it and finally know it's arrived and seeing a huge dent in it. That would be so so bad. So, what color was your first car, the 100D? Interior color?

I never saw the vehicle in person, they sent me pictures once it got to Orlando before they prepped it. Both my DS and OA have been very forthcoming and communicative. They did offer me a brand new identical 100D with no discount with a sunroof and a second discounted vehicle with a white interior but I wanted cream. I actually really wanted a 75D but there were none in inventory at the end of the year and I was trying to beat the tax year. So once I knew the tax rebate was intact I just ordered a 75D online. All the vehicles were Blue/Cream except the previously mention one.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
I never saw the vehicle in person, they sent me pictures once it got to Orlando before they prepped it. Both my DS and OA have been very forthcoming and communicative. They did offer me a brand new identical 100D with no discount with a sunroof and a second discounted vehicle with a white interior but I wanted cream. I actually really wanted a 75D but there were none in inventory at the end of the year and I was trying to beat the tax year. So once I knew the tax rebate was intact I just ordered a 75D online. All the vehicles were Blue/Cream except the previously mention one.
Glad you are getting exactly what you want! I love the blue color!! I know you cannot wait!

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I find it encouraging news that you guys have VINs and dates scheduled. Still waiting on mine. Emailed my DS twice...no response. :(

P100D, blue exterior with white seats
Ordered 12/25
Confirmed 12/28
No VIN yet
You should be getting your VIN soon. I ordered my car on Dec. 11 but didn't get my VIN until January 20th or so.
The blue exterior is stunning and the white seats??? OMG, they are even MORE stunning! I am glad I changed my order from black interior to white. Hopefully you will get your VIN soon and your car soon. Mine....who knows? I've heard everything recently from delivery end of Feb to middle of March. Hard to wait! Good luck! Keep us posted!

You should be getting your VIN soon. I ordered my car on Dec. 11 but didn't get my VIN until January 20th or so.
The blue exterior is stunning and the white seats??? OMG, they are even MORE stunning! I am glad I changed my order from black interior to white. Hopefully you will get your VIN soon and your car soon. Mine....who knows? I've heard everything recently from delivery end of Feb to middle of March. Hard to wait! Good luck! Keep us posted!

While I originally wanted the white interior, I didn't like that they changed the dual tone dash to solid black, hence why I went with cream, otherwise both are solid choices, enjoy!

While I originally wanted the white interior, I didn't like that they changed the dual tone dash to solid black, hence why I went with cream, otherwise both are solid choices, enjoy!
Thank you! You know, I ordered mine after studying online but when I went to the dealership to look at everything, I was kinda in shock that my husband was actually going to really let me have this (I already have an 2016 Avalon hydrid, loaded with only 9k miles on it, so he wasn't too keen on me trading again especially spending twice as much money....) but he did relent (you know that saying "happy wife, happy life?" Whoever coined that must've somehow known I was going to be a prime example LOL) Anyway, I initially picked the black interior, which is what I currently have, same color exterior on my Avalon and same black leather, but then I saw the white and after talking to some people at corporate and then to my OA, I looked at it and was sold. The cream is also beautiful but the white......I was blinded by its beauty and "bit the bullet" so to speak and made the decision. As for the other (dash) I have no clue...I know I prefer the shiny, lacquered wood, instead of the other, kinda dull black...but the dash? I can't remember! All I know is my OA told me about it. In fact, I keep hearing about the "pano" roof which I know I will have and then I hear people talking about how they like the "glass" roof better and I'm like "huh?" Too many things to try to remember but I know, at the end of the day, I will love it. It's all so exciting!

75D, obsidian black exterior, black premium interior with carbon fiber decor, enhanced AP
Ordered 1/16/18
Confirmed 1/19/18
no VIN yet
at time of order the website told me March delivery
Based on other posts here, seems I could be looking at late March if I'm lucky, more likely April.

One update, I got this email from my Delivery Advisor:
"As of right now, the current ETA for your Tesla to complete production is Mid-March. This would give us a delivery window around Late-March. I will have a more accurate ETA once your car enters production. You will receive an automated email from Tesla informing you when your Model S is assigned a VIN. This will be an indication that your car is getting ready to enter the assembly line to begin production."

Thank you! You know, I ordered mine after studying online but when I went to the dealership to look at everything, I was kinda in shock that my husband was actually going to really let me have this (I already have an 2016 Avalon hydrid, loaded with only 9k miles on it, so he wasn't too keen on me trading again especially spending twice as much money....) but he did relent (you know that saying "happy wife, happy life?" Whoever coined that must've somehow known I was going to be a prime example LOL) Anyway, I initially picked the black interior, which is what I currently have, same color exterior on my Avalon and same black leather, but then I saw the white and after talking to some people at corporate and then to my OA, I looked at it and was sold. The cream is also beautiful but the white......I was blinded by its beauty and "bit the bullet" so to speak and made the decision. As for the other (dash) I have no clue...I know I prefer the shiny, lacquered wood, instead of the other, kinda dull black...but the dash? I can't remember! All I know is my OA told me about it. In fact, I keep hearing about the "pano" roof which I know I will have and then I hear people talking about how they like the "glass" roof better and I'm like "huh?" Too many things to try to remember but I know, at the end of the day, I will love it. It's all so exciting!

By dash I mean where the nav is. The white interior use to be dual tone, black top and white bottom, seats where white, and inserts in the door where white, now its only seats and door inserts that are white and the dash is all black (no dual tone) unlike the model x where it still remains to be dual-tone in white interior. The cream is the only color option in model s to still have the dual-tone option, hence why I went for it. I also went with all glass roof, it looks better to me without any frame in the middle of the roof, I mostly dont open my sunroofs for air and only use them for the sun, hence why went with the all glass option.

I love the white interior! However, I really wanted the white exterior, which wouldn't go that well with white interior and hence chose to go with black interior and carbon, so it adds a contrast. Had I chosen a darker color (black or blue), would've surely been white for me too!

Reactions: CBPfromTN and HA3AP
I love the white interior! However, I really wanted the white exterior, which wouldn't go that well with white interior and hence chose to go with black interior and carbon, so it adds a contrast. Had I chosen a darker color (black or blue), would've surely been white for me too!
Makes sense. I agree that the white exterior wouldn't look good with the white interior. I think the black interior is perfect with the white exterior. Opposite of me! Let's get our cars!

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I find it encouraging news that you guys have VINs and dates scheduled. Still waiting on mine. Emailed my DS twice...no response. :(

P100D, blue exterior with white seats
Ordered 12/25
Confirmed 12/28
No VIN yet
Considering others who've ordered after you, some almost a month after you, who already have their VIN, that is unusual, in my opinion. What does your OA say?