Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on picking up your car tomorrow. I'm curious about the opti-coat. Can you do a before and after photo? Would like to see the results. :)
Oh shoot! I didn't see your message until 7:45PM, almost 18 hours after you posted. I will definitely post a pic when I get it home but pictures probably won't do it justice. This car.....it is a masterpiece...a work of art. When I saw it in the showroom today, it was still hard to believe it was MINE! Picking it up tomorrow from the shop where the Opti Coat is being applied. Can.Not.Wait! Will post pix

Reactions: rewtenant
Congratulations on your new kid! I am going crazy with the wait!
I know, I know!!!!! It will make you crazy, for real! By the time it gets here, you will be excited but I am not sure as excited you would have been had you gone to the showroom, picked one out and drove it home the same day. It's a very strange and different phenomenon, ordering a car like this with such anticipation and having to wait for it. When it gets here and you get it, it's almost like it's not real. I will bring mine home tomorrow night and I will probably go back and forth to the garage to just look at it for some time. Also, playing with it is going to be fun. So much to learn and to do!!!

Congrats!!
Ordered a days after you, and we're both in Northern California - hoping to get an email similar to yours soon :)

DMack, I saw your recent post about your car being selected to be pulled up into mid-March - Congrats! My DS from Rocklin emailed me today with a delivery date range of March 11 through 24. Rocklin is only 125 miles from Fremont and I know you are closer. Makes sense for Tesla to deliver as many as possible before March ends.

Reactions: DMack and CBPfromTN
DMack, I saw your recent post about your car being selected to be pulled up into mid-March - Congrats! My DS from Rocklin emailed me today with a delivery date range of March 11 through 24. Rocklin is only 125 miles from Fremont and I know you are closer. Makes sense for Tesla to deliver as many as possible before March ends.
Got notice from my DS that delivery will be sometime the last two weeks of March. Am taking delivery from Fremont as well.

I'm thinking it'll be closer to the 11th than the 24th for you.
Still need to get the 240 installation sorted out in my garage, but i'm beyond excited.

This is my first 'brand new' car, and my first car with powered seats and the creature comforts of a luxury vehicles - my wife and I work really hard, and this is the first time we've splurged on a vehicle (I always buy a used, 'functional' car).

This is a significant milestone for the both of us :)

Well CBP get any sleep last night? Now that you got a taste of your car. :D

It turns out we have several Opti Coat shops in my area. May I ask what type of price range do they quote I see two levels of treatment.

Still no in production update from Tesla for me. Didn't even get the 3 invite either. :(

DC there is a place right over in Ashburn that provides the Opti Coat, they have a Tesla right on there home page.

Thank you! This month will not be too hard for you to wait, I am sure. This forum has gotten me thru many long days waiting for my beautiful new Tesla but finally! It ARRIVED! It will go by faster than you expect, really. As for the Opti-Coat Pro Plus I am having applied to my car, here is the link to their website: Opti-Coat Pro Coatings | Opti-Coat LLC The person doing my "application" is a master technician who is certified and is very thorough. He will inspect my new Tesla from top to bottom, front to back with LED lights and eagle eyes to be sure there is nothing that needs to be corrected by Tesla before he begins his application. There is still some prep work even though my car is pretty sweet.......there may be some barely visible scratches just from the detailing done by the Tesla detail crew before I took delivery and the paint will be as perfect as possible before the car is sealed and finished. The first coat of the Opti-Coat will adhere to the clear coat already on the car and the second coat will be applied before the first coat is completely dry and it will adhere to the first coat. The finished product is an extremely shiny finish that is guaranteed for 7 years WITHOUT having to be reapplied every 12 months to keep the warranty intact. The shine is phenomenal. I have researched and talked to people and talked to people who have had every single one of the products sold these days and finally decided that Opti-Coat is the product for me. I may also have the clear bra put on the front but still thinking about that.

Congratulations on the new car and thank you for the info on Opti-Coat Plus. Definitely worth looking into. I also saw a you tube video on a "poor mans" substitute called Hydrosilex, the videos look impressive but I have not done any due diligence. Now that I am thinking about it I should search the different Tesla communities to see if there is anyone who has tried it.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Congratulations on the new car and thank you for the info on Opti-Coat Plus. Definitely worth looking into. I also saw a you tube video on a "poor mans" substitute called Hydrosilex, the videos look impressive but I have not done any due diligence. Now that I am thinking about it I should search the different Tesla communities to see if there is anyone who has tried it.
Thank you so much. I have read and read and READ and even though some swear by other products, I see good and bad in a lot of the posts but remember, one thing you have to be careful of is who is applying any product. When we got back home yesterday from dropping off my BEAUTIFUL new Tesla MS, the technician sent me a video of some scratches and some swirls, one pretty good scratch and some other places that had been buffed, etc (AND, this was just on the hood :eek:) so I was a bit worried and asked him if we needed to get it back to the dealership and he said not to worry, that he would have it "better than new" and that's what his job was to get it PERFECT. He is so so attentive to detail, so that's what you want, plus you want a product that will not only live up to its warranty but not require you to jump thru hoops to keep it warrantied. I will be picking it up today and we are having some BIG nasty storms coming so I am hoping I can get it before the bad stuff starts and get it safely in my garage. I am so anxious to get it home! We are about 45-60 minutes in good traffic, they are on one side of Nashville and I am on the other so I need to get it and get it soon!

Thank you so much. I have read and read and READ and even though some swear by other products, I see good and bad in a lot of the posts but remember, one thing you have to be careful of is who is applying any product. When we got back home yesterday from dropping off my BEAUTIFUL new Tesla MS, the technician sent me a video of some scratches and some swirls, one pretty good scratch and some other places that had been buffed, etc (AND, this was just on the hood :eek:) so I was a bit worried and asked him if we needed to get it back to the dealership and he said not to worry, that he would have it "better than new" and that's what his job was to get it PERFECT. He is so so attentive to detail, so that's what you want, plus you want a product that will not only live up to its warranty but not require you to jump thru hoops to keep it warrantied. I will be picking it up today and we are having some BIG nasty storms coming so I am hoping I can get it before the bad stuff starts and get it safely in my garage. I am so anxious to get it home! We are about 45-60 minutes in good traffic, they are on one side of Nashville and I am on the other so I need to get it and get it soon!

Thanks for the info and update. We do a great deal of highway driving and I have a paint protection film on my current car...it has seen more than its share of highway abuse. I will have to have it on the Tesla too, at least the front. I would also really like something similar for the windshield; in our time here we have had 3-4 windshield replaced due to highway debris and the current windshield has some chips in it. But what I have seen so far for windshields seem to need more development (read improvement).
Safe travels - at least it isn't snow and ice.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
How much does this coat cost?

depends on a lot of factors like:

1. how reputable is your detailer?
Usually the really good ones that do super professional jobs are not cheap, because they are known for super professional work.
I definitely would not go looking for the cheapest denominator on Opticoat service...
If his price is too cheap vs competition, then just pass.
If he doesn't state up front and ask how many coats when he gives prices... also pass.

Getting a bad opticoat is a PITFA.
It requires massive amounts of buffing and stripping, so you really want to get it done right the first time. 0

2. How many coats are you getting?
Typical is like 5-6 coats with people going crazy to 10.

3. Location.
Prices will vary state from state with cities like SF/LA/NYC being about 20% more expensive then places like some of the smaller cities...
It sucks living in a high population city.

But you really should look at paint protection film as well, if not do research on both.
Xpel offers a 10yr warrenty on most jobs though authorized.
They offer a clear front bra package which typically most of the average users will only need.
There is no special body work requirement for Xpel if you need accident repair as you would need with opticoat.
Meaning if they fix a panel, you just need to get that panel refilmed.

In any rate if the car is bought, and not leased, i highly recommend you do one or the other.
If its leased, then getting that job done will not increase the value of the car in any way unless u live under a lot of tree's where sap/bird dung falls on your cars and cause hell to the paint.

Have you considered a paint protection film or an Opti-coat/Ceramic coating for your car? Where in ATL would you have it applied?

I’m considering opti-coat pro plus. Buff guys in Alpharetta are authorized installers with good reviews, but I don’t have any real references. Honestly, the only reason I’m considering is because of this forum. I’ve never used any paint protectors on my prev cars and some of them were as expensive as Tesla MS. I’ve heard that paint on Teslas are softer, but don’t know if it is myth or fact.

Congrats Bradles! I hope you are having a great time with your new S75D.
Your wait was more than 4 months. That seems unusually long. To what do you attribute the long delay?

I wish I knew what the delay was. My sales guy said maybe it was the rear facing seats as that was not a very common option. I was somewhat satisfied with that response. However, he then came and said there was nothing to do with this option and I was back to being frustrated.