Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I signed into my daily madness of obsessively checking my Tesla page just for today's updates if any and sure enough all my check marks are green, payment has been sent, and it says "Your Model S is fully paid" means that Alliant has already done their magic.

Does anyone know if the tax owed populates there or is that in person during pick up? Figuring out how I pay for the rest?

Some have said it and you need to experience it to be understand but once in transit and a delivery date is timeline things move VERY fast.

Hard to see that when waiting for in production, and then in transit, and wondering about delivery date but hang in there as we get to the light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

I'm on the same boat as a few others with Fremont pickups or local deliveries, who confirmed early July for Late July/August deliveries, but whose production hasn't started yet. My DS informed me production will happen first week of August, and that my delivery is still scheduled for mid August. It's been in 'Order Confirmed' since I got confirmed and got VIN on 7/2 . Ugh.

I'm on the same boat as a few others with Fremont pickups or local deliveries, who confirmed early July for Late July/August deliveries, but whose production hasn't started yet. My DS informed me production will happen first week of August, and that my delivery is still scheduled for mid August. It's been in 'Order Confirmed' since I got confirmed and got VIN on 7/2 . Ugh.
Wierd, I confirmed July 2 also. Mine is on a ship to Hawaii since the 28th S60 no options.

Wierd, I confirmed July 2 also. Mine is on a ship to Hawaii since the 28th S60 no options.

There are some thoughts that those who are picking up further from the Factory get a priority bump in the queue... this might result in a more uniform time from order to delivery at least in the US. But as there are some who have confirmed after me and @suraj1194 and both have had their car produced and picked it up at the factory, it's very frustrating :(

So interestingly the average for factory deliveries for 60-75D models is 27.75 w/ a standard deviation of 6.65 days. For non-factory US deliveries the average is 29.48 w/ a standard deviation of 6.99 days. These are also orders who indicated the earliest delivery date. So the overall delivery times between local and non-local isn't too much different, and likely the variation and higher average is due to delivery times. But seems overall Tesla's production queue algorithm does seem to result in a similar delivery time for factory vs non-factory deliveries.

Ordered 6/14, confirmed 6/16, delivered today!
How do you confirm after only 2 days? I thought it was a 7 day period.
So interestingly the average for factory deliveries for 60-75D models is 27.75 w/ a standard deviation of 6.65 days. For non-factory US deliveries the average is 29.48 w/ a standard deviation of 6.99 days. These are also orders who indicated the earliest delivery date. So the overall delivery times between local and non-local isn't too much different, and likely the variation and higher average is due to delivery times. But seems overall Tesla's production queue algorithm does seem to result in a similar delivery time for factory vs non-factory deliveries.
29.48 days from when? From Production finish? From confirmed date? I've been "in production" since last Thursday. I'm getting impatient... Does the factory operate on weekends? Do those days "count" for the purpose of calculating the time "in production"?

My refinance closing docs were signed this morning by 10am.

Timeline since then:

10:40am: I applied at tesla.com/alliant (redirect to alliantcreditunion.com). 72/1.49%, ~106k (105% of my purchase price, which is max loan amount).
11:25am: E-mail from loan consultant saying I'm approved! And asking for MVPA.
11:26am: I replied with the MVPA attached and saying my delivery is scheduled on Thursday.
11:31am: Reply: "Wow, excellent! I will call sometime very soon here."

I was making myself not get too excited in case I ran into loan trouble, but it looks like that's not the case! So I think I might have trouble sleeping tomorrow night. :D

Happy days! My car is at the Charlotte NC store and is being prepped for delivery!

Yours ended production 5 days before mine. I hoping that means my car arrives in Charlotte in ~5 days. This is also a good note to show how sometimes you just get unlucky. I ordered 10 days before you, but due to issues you can't predict I am watching your progress to determine how quickly I might get mine. With my luck I am still waiting for my car to get loaded on a train :)

Sorry confirmed to delivery.
That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. 30 days from confirmed to delivery is quite short. I went back a year through the Google Docs spreadsheet looking at just MN deliveries. There unfortunately aren't very many data points to work with. But, I found that MN deliveries tend to be significantly slower than 30 days from confirmed to delivery. MN deliveries average about 20 days from Production End to delivery. The fastest was 14 days. I am hoping that my Model S will finish production soon & that it will get delivered to me in about 14 days. My DS already said that they can prioritize getting my car prepped for delivery once it arrives at the SC, but he said that it usually takes about 2 weeks from when the car departs the factory before it arrives at the SC.

Yes but not at the expense of local deliveries getting delivered later... I haven't done any analysis on the spreadsheet data to that end, to the cloud!!

I have analyzed the spreadsheet a dozen times, seems like no rhyme or reason. There have been 34 Model S cars that were ordered after mine, but made it to production already. Every option I have ordered is found in one (or more) of the 34 cars that moved forward:

Delivery Loc:
US Delivery: 30 Cars
East Coast Delivery: 9
NJ/PA/NY Delivery: 5

Model
60/60D/75/75D (same battery): 26
60D or 75D (AWD): 13
60D: 9

Options
Black Headliner: 24
Pano Roof: 22
19" Wheels: 22
Premium Upgrade Package: 21
NextGen Black Seats: 13
Air Suspension: 7
Solid Black: 5
High Fidelity Sound: 3
Matte Obeche Wood: 2
Subzero Winter Package: 2

My guess is that there is some algorithm that figures out what car requires the least tool swapping and optimizes flow, hopefully there is some weighting in the Algo for how long you have been waiting ;) Is anyone doing a factory tour soon and feel like asking about how the backlog is prioritized?

I was looking at the "in production" dates more & it seems that 3 days is pretty standard. There are a lot of cars that entered production on 7/25 and ended production on 7/28. There are also some cars that entered production on 7/26 & finished on 7/29 and 7/27 to 7/30. My car started on 7/28. Only 1 person with a production date after 7/28 has reported that production has ended (@sblus from 7/29 to 8/2 today). I'm hoping to get notification of ending production soon. Most other cars that began production on a Thursday over the last few weeks didn't take longer than until the following Tuesday (today) to finish production.

Reactions: BrandonR22