Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Son of a....

Mine was by truck delivered also, I t was an enclosed trailer. I saw another delivery truck arrive the day after I got my car and it was also enclosed. The truck took 3-4 days (best guess) to make the trip.

In Texas the taxes will be collected when you apply for a Texas title and license plates at your local tax accessors office. In my case Tesla sent the documents needed via FedEx about a week after I took delivery.

I'm on the same boat as a few others with Fremont pickups or local deliveries, who confirmed early July for Late July/August deliveries, but whose production hasn't started yet. My DS informed me production will happen first week of August, and that my delivery is still scheduled for mid August. It's been in 'Order Confirmed' since I got confirmed and got VIN on 7/2 . Ugh.
And mine went into production today as the DS advised earlier .

Reactions: javawolfpack
The MyTesla page still says that my car is "in production". It must have had some issue that it is taking so long when almost every other car takes 3 days. However, the delivery window now shows August 23, 2016 - September 6, 2016. That's too late. That is going to be an issue. I am not too happy right now about how long this is taking.

The MyTesla page still says that my car is "in production". It must have had some issue that it is taking so long when almost every other car takes 3 days. However, the delivery window now shows August 23, 2016 - September 6, 2016. That's too late. That is going to be an issue. I am not too happy right now about how long this is taking.
Well, when I first got a real delivery date it was August 15 through August 29. I'm picking it up tomorrow (August 4th).

I received an email from my DS today. He said we are still on track for a delivery in early September.

Confirmed: 10July
S60
White
Pano
Matte Obeche Trim
Costa Mesa, CA pickup
Current status: Production Que

Looking like a 9 week minimum "order to delivery" process as of now. When I ordered i was told 4-6 weeks during my test drive.

And mine went into production today as the DS advised earlier .
Mmm hmm, I also got the email for 'Paying for your Tesla' hours after the email about going into production. Didn't know there'd be such an email too. I have been pre-approved through Alliant, and the financed amount shows up along with the balance due, together with a 'make payment' button to make a bank transfer.

Mine was by truck delivered also, I t was an enclosed trailer. I saw another delivery truck arrive the day after I got my car and it was also enclosed. The truck took 3-4 days (best guess) to make the trip.

In Texas the taxes will be collected when you apply for a Texas title and license plates at your local tax accessors office. In my case Tesla sent the documents needed via FedEx about a week after I took delivery.

Very helpful information. I have done the title application and tax accessory thing before since I moved my cars from California to Texas when I moved. However, I was ok driving with my CA license plates for a period of time. What were you given to put on the car in lieu of plate during this period of time? CA temporary license or something else? I doubt you were able to get away without any sort of license during this week.

I received an email from my DS today. He said we are still on track for a delivery in early September.

Confirmed: 10July
S60
White
Pano
Matte Obeche Trim
Costa Mesa, CA pickup
Current status: Production Que

Looking like a 9 week minimum "order to delivery" process as of now. When I ordered i was told 4-6 weeks during my test drive.

I am in the same boat (one week behind) @Buddy:

Ordered: 7/8/16
Confirmed: 7/15/16
Vin date: 7/24/16
Currently in production Queue

S60D: White, Pano, 19" slipstream, Black next gen seats, carbon fiber decor, autopilot, air suspension, premium upgrade package...

• Informative
Reactions: fallen888
Very helpful information. I have done the title application and tax accessory thing before since I moved my cars from California to Texas when I moved. However, I was ok driving with my CA license plates for a period of time. What were you given to put on the car in lieu of plate during this period of time? CA temporary license or something else? I doubt you were able to get away without any sort of license during this week.
Tesla will fed ex you a temporary tag with paperwork for you to fill out and return to them.

You can also get a temporary Texas tag. You used to be able to do it online, but the DMV was updating its site, so that was down last month. I got a 30-day tag (in addition to the temporary CA one) from the tax assessor's office for $25. Can't remember the form number.

I'm still waiting for my Texas plates because I ended up financing the car and the bank sent in the tax payment. It took 2 weeks for the bank to receive the paperwork to apply for the Texas plates.

Mmm hmm, I also got the email for 'Paying for your Tesla' hours after the email about going into production. Didn't know there'd be such an email too. I have been pre-approved through Alliant, and the financed amount shows up along with the balance due, together with a 'make payment' button to make a bank transfer.

I like to pay for a car after I have taken a test-drive in that car. You can always pay on the day of delivery.

My DS just scheduled a delivery date of 8/9/2016 - 6 days to go!

Ordered: 7/2/16
Confirmed: 7/9/16
Vin date: 7/9/16
Production Start: 7/28/16
Production End: 8/2/16
In Transit: 8/4/16
Scheduled Delivery: 8/9/16

Also note that if you are financing through Alliant and you want them to cover more than the cost of the car (such as tax/fees) then make sure that your credit score is 740 or above. Otherwise, they will ask you to provide an updated MVPA. I was 1 point shy of 740 and had to ask my DS to update the MVPA to reflect the changes.

• Informative
Reactions: fallen888

Also note that if you are financing through Alliant and you want them to cover more than the cost of the car (such as tax/fees) then make sure that your credit score is 740 or above. Otherwise, they will ask you to provide an updated MVPA. I was 1 point shy of 740 and had to ask my DS to update the MVPA to reflect the changes.
Seems half the people get their car 4-6 weeks from ordering and the other half spend 4-6 weeks before even starting production. very strange.

I ordered 1 day after you and my DS is expecting an early September delivery. I am in Southern California.

Seems half the people get their car 4-6 weeks from ordering and the other half spend 4-6 weeks before even starting production. very strange.

I ordered 1 day after you and my DS is expecting an early September delivery. I am in Southern California.

Yeah, your case is a bit odd. I live in Seattle, WA which is why delivery time after production finishes is so short but since you live in CA, it should be shorter.

Did you make any changes to your preferred delivery date? Was it ever not "First Available" (or whatever wording it is to get it asap)?

I'm kinda going crazy now that I saw your post. I'm still in production cue.

Ordered: 7/1/16
Confirmed: 7/8/16
Vin date: 7/8/16
Still in production cue :'( :'( :'(

I sold my car the day I put my deposit down (I did not know I was going to sell it that day). I've been borrowing the lady's vehicle and ubering/getting dropped off like a kid.

My DS told me mid august. But now I'm worried b/c your DS told you early september. I have a feeling our cars will be produced together. maybe even delivered together if you're in LA.

My DS told me that I should likely go into production this week, early next at the latest. But still not in production so I'm a freaking out... the 12th is the best date for me to pick up at the factory based on mine & 3 friends work schedules. If I go into production today/tomorrow (maybe Friday) it might still work out with 3-4 days in production on average; however, it's going to be tight :-/