Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@bonaire Oh I wish. Sorry, forgot to say that DS said transport by train. I wonder if there's any possible way to get that changed to truck?

CA to PA... errr

Ok, I said Labor Day. I didn't say which year.

Train to Phila is new. Trucks almost always in the past. I bet they choose truck if they can fill it with P90D and have the 60s going by train.

• Funny
Reactions: fallen888
MyTesla shows an update this morning! I checked it obsessively :p last night around 10:30 before bed & this update wasn't there at that time.

Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.
Your estimated delivery window is August 13, 2016 - August 20, 2016.

I am updating the Google Docs tracking spreadsheet accordingly! Exciting!!!!! :D

This morning.

Attachments

• P1010895.jpg
    P1010895.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 71
OMG! Our long national nightmare is over!!!

Just refreshed /mytesla and my status changed to "Your Tesla is in production." only 36 Days from confirmation, ugh. No email as of yet, but so happy to see some movement after watching people ordering after me get their cars.

Interestingly, I was getting impatient yesterday and emailed Gilbert Passin https://www.linkedin.com/in/gilbert-passin-74a36117 asking about the delay for my car to move into production... no response to the email, but today i went into prod... of course could be a coincidence...

Train to Phila is new. Trucks almost always in the past. I bet they choose truck if they can fill it with P90D and have the 60s going by train.

My DS confirmed its coming by train to Philly, said they only use trucks at the end of a Quarter when they need to expedite delivery.

Last edited:
OMG! Our long national nightmare is over!!!

Just refreshed /mytesla and my status changed to "Your Tesla is in production." only 36 Days from confirmation, ugh. No email as of yet, but so happy to see some movement after watching people ordering after me get their cars.

Congrats! Mine just changed today too but no email from Tesla or DS so I'm not sure if it's official yet.

I also have a weird glitch it seems where under my VIN on MyTesla it has never said anything other than "We are processing your order and will provide an estimated delivery date." That's been frustrating because I've never been able to see a date. But my DS said on Thursday it would be within 7 days so I guess today was the day. Would be nice to get confirmation. Maybe Monday.

Just to confirm the only change is it used to say that my Tesla was in the factory production queue. Now it says quite clearly that "your Tesla is in production." I'm assuming that is the same thing you see.

Let's hope for the best.

Just to confirm the only change is it used to say that my Tesla was in the factory production queue. Now it says quite clearly that "your Tesla is in production." I'm assuming that is the same thing you see.

Yes, same thing on mine. Haven't received a confirmation email either... Probably because my DS is out till Monday.

Congratulations. I am still Still in production que and ordered way before you, this wait is now turning from excitement to annoying. I have lost interest in checking mytesla page. I got to say Tesla gets 0 stars from me for their order and delivery process.

@tslaaustin i feel your pain, i ordered on 6/23 and was watching people who ordered after me get their cars delivered and mine hadn't started production yet; but looking at the spreadsheet it looks like @OneSmallStep ordered on 6/29 and you ordered on 7/6, so give it another week, it looks like time to start production is trending up, hopefully that means TSLA has a healthy backlog of orders.

Um, yea... just looked at the spreadsheet... big change in time from Conf to Production between June and July:

View attachment 189024

(and this is only if all the open orders start next week, if those actually push out a couple weeks the avg will go up further)

Nice :) Feel like an idiot for not doing this analysis myself, but sucks... as has thrown off my estimates and likely made a tour with friends unlikely now.

@Odebek I'm curious if this upwards trend has anything to do with the plan to shift over to using only one production line for both the Model S & Model X? I read that there are two production lines at the factory that were doing the S/X but they were running with an empty between them to begin a transition to a single line with both S & X staggered. The goal is then to upgrade the second production to build the Model 3.

@Odebek I'm curious if this upwards trend has anything to do with the plan to shift over to using only one production line for both the Model S & Model X? I read that there are two production lines at the factory that were doing the S/X but they were running with an empty between them to begin a transition to a single line with both S & X staggered. The goal is then to upgrade the second production to build the Model 3.

@javawolfpack, Elon mentioned on the analysts call last week that they were having issues with a supplier and that he was headed out Saturday (yesterday) to meet with them. That could be the cause or it could be they just have a lot of demand... They also said on the call that they are going from ~1,400 cars per week in Q2 to 2,200 cars per week in Q3, so that could account for it as well.