Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will pick-up Thursday and thinking 8 weeks from order to delivery is pretty damn good. Then I see some deliveries in 1 month! Either way I'm excited and my daughter and her friends want to come with me. Told them no. I need to be alone and not be distracted from inspecting the car, paperwork etc................Normally she never wants to go anywhere with me :)

• Funny
Reactions: fallen888
My DS told me the truck stops in Jersey then to NY. Maybe he was just blowing me off because I'm a pain in the butt waiting for my S :)

I think my DS has finally had enough of me today. I've been bombarding her with emails and always add "I'm sorry to bother you..." and she always responded with something along the lines of "Oh it's no bother, it's very exciting!". Today she did not respond like that. :eek:

Mine just update, "In Production" finally.......

Me too! It just updated within the past hour! (Yes, I literally have been refreshing the page on my home computer, work computer and phone on hourly basis). :D

Ordered: 7/23/2016
Confirmed: 7/31/2016
VIN'd: 7/31/2016
Production start: 8/16/2016

Spreadsheet updated.

Mine originally said "August-Early September" but switched about 10 days ago to August 20-September 3. \

Did your DS say they are loading them on to trucks now? I would kill to have mine before this weekend but I don't see that happening

No she said it would get to Alabama this weekend and then get on a truck, so earliest possible would be Tue + 48 hours for prep. You might be ahead of mine, because my timeframe is Aug 31st to Sept 14th right now.

California to Alabama, to get to Jersey? :confused:

Tesla uses BNSF, and its the farthest point East i guess on their network...

2000px-BNSF_Railway_system_map.svg.png

Likely that they ship all the cars there, and then deliver by truck to the entire east coast? At least they didn't ship by boat through the Panama Canal ;-)

I am at 2 weeks now so another week by those calculations, but I have a feeling when the Alliant guy said 8/26, he knows more info than I do! Hopefully not
Its possible Alliant may be knowing more than us through the DS. My Alliant rep told me 10 days ago that he will call me on Aug 10th. I was continually asking my DS for production delay and suddenly on Aug 10 it went to production and later that day i get call from Alliant. I dont know if its
Mine originally said "August-Early September" but switched about 10 days ago to August 20-September 3. \

Did your DS say they are loading them on to trucks now? I would kill to have mine before this weekend but I

Man, all you guys going into prod on this tread just keeps making me refresh more... and still "Order Confirmed"... :(
Your telling me! According to the spread sheet @nexiolaw ordered 1 day after me and went into production August 8th while I still sit in the pro que.

Same delivery center
Both model s 60
Both pano,
Both white paint
Same 19" wheels
Both black next gen seats
Both black alcantara headliner
1 difference only: I have matte obeche trim and @nexiolaw has dark ash wood.

My DS has been very communicative but has only said the factory does builds based off of vehicle specifications. I guess my specific build is on the back burner.

Man, all you guys going into prod on this tread just keeps making me refresh more... and still "Order Confirmed"... :(

How long has it been on "order confirmed"? I think going from confirmation to production queue took only about a day or two.

Then it was 16 days until production start (for me).

Once you're in the queue, you can ask your DS what your "planned end of line" date is. Mine was 6/15 and status updated to in production a day later - this afternoon.

I waited 37 days from confirmation to production in the production queue... was in the production queue immediately upon getting my VIN # assigned. I think there is data that shows that orders are taking an average of 10 days longer than orders from June took...

@alexvirital looks like one camera and one light sensor... seems to be the same as previous models on my model S built last week:

full

How long has it been on "order confirmed"? I think going from confirmation to production queue took only about a day or two.

Then it was 16 days until production start (for me).

Once you're in the queue, you can ask your DS what your "planned end of line" date is. Mine was 6/15 and status updated to in production a day later - this afternoon.

Well it says "Order Confirmed" on the first My Tesla page, but then when you click on the detailed page it says it's in the production queue. My DS already said production for it was scheduled to start yesterday... She's hoping to do delivery by next Friday for a roadtrip, but it's kind of hard to get her to answer questions directly (which I understand -- you don't want to make promises you can't keep).

I waited 37 days from confirmation to production in the production queue... was in the production queue immediately upon getting my VIN # assigned. I think there is data that shows that orders are taking an average of 10 days longer than orders from June took...

@alexvirital looks like one camera and one light sensor... seems to be the same as previous models on my model S built last week:

full

Interesting, Do you know anything about that black area to the left of the main section? It's not on all the AP cars - here's a clip out of the P85D Popular Science had (and left a high res photo where Google could find it for me):

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 8.27.17 PM.png

Well at long last I finally have a delivery date - 9/1! That makes it just a hair over two months from order (6/29) to delivery (9/1). Not bad and it seems to be about average for east coast. I think the stress through July was Tesla catching up from the June rush.. since I ordered i was told "late August, early September" and sure enough it seems to be right in there. I think watching people go into production or take delivery early is maddening, but i also think that being 3000 miles from the factory definitely has an impact. I also think with the east coast deliveries they do attempt to batch -- the spreadsheet has a lot of data but it's only a small fraction of the thousands of cars produced each month.

Here's to two long weeks of waiting, then joy!

Reactions: democappy