Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that didn't last long. Less than 24 hours later already back in the service center. Yesterday this happened 3 times...I was not using autopilot but all of the sudden it felt like autopilot had the steering wheel and I had to "break it free" like when you take over from autopilot. All three times it was just an instant. Later today it was just like there was no power steering at all. I've had power steering go out in an ICE car more than once, and this was actually worse. Still difficult to steer even at highway speeds. Since they have all kinds of demo car deals for End-of-Quarter, they have no loaners. I have a giant Suburban rental that they hooked me up with. I don't mind, but I find it ironic. :)

On the positive side, I did put another 40 miles on the P100D today, and have decided I can definitely tell that it's got much more power than the P85DL.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Japxican
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2929.JPG
Got the 60D delivered last night. Looks great.

Model S Prototype introduced in 2009.
Model S Production released in 2012.

This car -- after almost 5 years in production, with very few exterior changes -- is still the best looking car on the road.

I still get goosebumps whenever I see one on the road ---- just spectacular from every angle.

Got the 60D delivered last night. Looks great.

Hey guys. I picked up my car today. My appointment was last night and I discovered the seats were not working correctly. They brought in an engineer to take a look at it with his laptop to no avail. They told me they had to keep the car to have the engineers diagnose the seat with a possibility of replacing it. To say the least, I was upset that I was not coming home with my baby. They made it up to me by giving me a MS 75 that just came off the truck to take home and drive until my car was ready.

Fast forward to today, I got a call from my DS saying they were able to fix the seat (faulty buttons). I went to Tesla and was in and out. After driving a couple of miles, I noticed my alignment was off. I decided to drive it all the way home to make sure it wasn't me. Low and behold, the car is pulling to the right. The service dept will be giving me a call Monday morning to talk about it and schedule an appointment.

BUT... I am one happy guy with the Tesla!

Hey guys. I picked up my car today. My appointment was last night and I discovered the seats were not working correctly. They brought in an engineer to take a look at it with his laptop to no avail. They told me they had to keep the car to have the engineers diagnose the seat with a possibility of replacing it. To say the least, I was upset that I was not coming home with my baby. They made it up to me by giving me a MS 75 that just came off the truck to take home and drive until my car was ready.

Fast forward to today, I got a call from my DS saying they were able to fix the seat (faulty buttons). I went to Tesla and was in and out. After driving a couple of miles, I noticed my alignment was off. I decided to drive it all the way home to make sure it wasn't me. Low and behold, the car is pulling to the right. The service dept will be giving me a call Monday morning to talk about it and schedule an appointment.

BUT... I am one happy guy with the Tesla!
Amazing. Problems with the new car and yet
I am one happy guy with the Tesla!

We really can forgive alot because this car is just so good! I hope your issues are dealt with quickly and no more rise up
Good luck!

It is great to see the enthusiasm in this thread has not wavered over time...almost 2 Million page views:

9/27/16
Replies:14,395
Views:1,974,116

I started this thread to help pass the time and gain insight as to when we could anticipate delivery of our Sig's (we had to wait years back then .... not months). Sending in a deposit check before there was a factory to build the Model S was a real act of faith in Elon & the Tesla "master plan." Now I'm doing the same thing waiting for my Model 3.

Some things never change.

I was looking forward to my delivery this week but unfortunately with them being so busy the finance guy hasn't replied me in over a week. When I asked for an update I was told that this person is very busy and has to deal with all financing deliveries for Canada and parts of the US. I get people are busy and I probably wouldn't feel so annoyed if I got SOME kind of reply, even a, "i'll email you later" after waiting 5 business days and counting to know if I need to provide any additional info for them.
This has been the most frustrating car buying experience I've ever had. I do really hope they get away from this model into a more traditional dealership model in the future. I can't even imagine how "busy" they are going to be when Model 3 comes out.

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
Yea "busy" is not a good excuse. I was excited like a little kid every time I got a Tesla email. Just a "talk later" email can do loads of PR.
ODK how Canada is with dealerships but this was the best car buying experience I have had.........ever! I am so tired of dealership games, haggling,lies etc........it was refreshing not to have to "deal" with that :)

Reposting from the other thread.

Just took delivery of the fastest ship in the galaxy. The acceleration is mind bending, enough to cause my wife to hit me a couple of times and yell some obscenities I don't remember right now :) Its been a long journey since my accident, but well worth the wait and troubles I've been through. Thanks to everyone for your support and camaraderie along the way!

By the way, it is a little more than 283 at 90%. Will find out more numbers as the months go along.

P100D1.1.jpg
P100D.2.jpg
P100D.3.jpg