Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious if they took more than the first week of October off for the upgrade to Enhanced Autopilot to bring in the new production equipment to install the new hardware suite.. it seems like no one (even in EU) has received an Enhanced Autopilot vehicle.

Went all the way through and noticed 4 vehicles that went in production after or on Oct 10. 3 were in the UK and one in Sweden..
How does this get updated? I canceled my car and reordered but even on my old car I couldn't find my name or any information leading to my order like these ones do.

Hmm - so i see i am not all by myself --

I just checked my tesla account - and now it says late Dec - Jan 2017 -- which is CRAZY!
When I first ordered the car - it said Late October --- then Nov / Dec -- and now changed again... I could understand the late october delay - bc of AP2 - but yet again???

Also, there is ZERO communication from Tesla.

Ordered 10/2 - confirmed 10/7

Hmm - so i see i am not all by myself --

I just checked my tesla account - and now it says late Dec - Jan 2017 -- which is CRAZY!
When I first ordered the car - it said Late October --- then Nov / Dec -- and now changed again... I could understand the late october delay - bc of AP2 - but yet again???

Also, there is ZERO communication from Tesla.

Ordered 10/2 - confirmed 10/7

Can you share exactly what you ordered? I know there have been delays if things like the grey next gen seats were selected, and others with later ordering dates seem to still have earlier delivery dates... it would be interesting to try to figure out what is driving the delays.

As for communications from tesla, I never got one proactively, and emails seem to take a week or so for response, but I did call the service center and hit the number for new car deliveries and I was able to speak with someone immediately who answered my question.

Can you share exactly what you ordered? I know there have been delays if things like the grey next gen seats were selected, and others with later ordering dates seem to still have earlier delivery dates... it would be interesting to try to figure out what is driving the delays.

As for communications from tesla, I never got one proactively, and emails seem to take a week or so for response, but I did call the service center and hit the number for new car deliveries and I was able to speak with someone immediately who answered my question.

90d - midnight - sunroof - black next gen seats - EAP 2 and full autonomous driving, heated seats, premium package

i dont want to keep calling my DS - iv only called me twice so far -- because i dont want to upset him - but would have appreciated some info as to why this happened...

I hesitate to call him every day to check on the car... but if something changes and he doesn't send an email, I would definitely call him to figure it out. Its possible that it hasn't REALLY changed, just the web site did... for some reason I have heard a number of people saying that the site changed but their DS indicated that everything was still on track. My DS told me that he had a much better appreciation for when the car would be moving through the system than the web site does,

However no matter what, as HebrHmr indicated, that's their job, it's not like you are calling just to ask "are we there yet?", you have a legitimate question.