Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same happened to me as well. However after 2-3 days of confirmation and VIN assignment, the estimated delivery went from "Jan early Feb" to "Dec early Jan". My guess is that your car will build in December. The question is how long it will take to get to you.

For what it's worth in CA, they're telling people cars ordered by end of the month will be delivered by year end.

I just received a date range this morning for my delayed S90D: Your estimated delivery window is December 5, 2016 - December 19, 2016.

I wish something would change on my dashboard. It has said my car is "in production" since 11/22, and my delivery window has never changed since the day they confirmed my order (late December-January, 2017). My DS has told me I am looking at a mid-December delivery, and it seems on track for that still.

My order, which was confirmed on 10/28, used to say Late December - Early January but today changed to Late January - February 2017.

Any others in similar situation? I'm hoping it is just an inaccurate estimate and they can deliver this year. I'm in the Atlanta area.

My order, which was confirmed on 10/28, used to say Late December - Early January but today changed to Late January - February 2017.

Any others in similar situation? I'm hoping it is just an inaccurate estimate and they can deliver this year. I'm in the Atlanta area.
Hey GatorP,

I confirmed three days before you and I'm in Virginia. Originally MyTesla said "December-Early January" and then last week it pushed back to "Late December-January." It still hasn't entered production. Mine is a 90D.... not sure if that matters, but what's your car?

Mine has updated to indicate Late January - February 2017 as well... Originally my DS told me it was supposed to enter production this week.. Here's hoping that's still accurate.

Did you have anything in your configuration that might cause a delay (like the the gray next gen seats)? If you look at the tracking spreadsheet there are east coast cars with later confirmation dates than yours that are already in production.

Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Same thing happened to me but I just checked and it's back to late Dec - Jan. Maybe just a computer glitch.

I confirmed a fully loaded P100D in AUGUST! with an expected delivery date of end of September. It was rescheduled twice to end of November/December, my (useless) DS told me that I should expect it prior to Thanksgiving. Guess what..just checked my status page and the date has been pushed out yet again to December early January. I hope this is not one of those Fremont Delivery that is pushed out to EOQ. What a crock. (this is my 5th Tesla so I know the score, but NEVER this bad).

I ordered the white "recommended" seats. In any case, the design page states if I order today, the configuration I ordered is "late December" (sounds like bait and switch at this point). I was told white seats delayed the first delivery, however, the DS told me expect delivery before Thanksgiving (he is useless). What really gets my goat is that they are churning out plenty of P100Ds to EV-CPO.

Anyone else having P100D delivery problems?

Last edited:
They really don't know what's really going on most of the time. They're salesmen. They'll tell you what you want to hear.
I understand that, however, the information is not only useless but misleading, I was going to change from pano roof to all glass and my DS told me not to since I was so close to production and nothing could be changed. More importantly, I want to know what is REALLY going on.