Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked in with my DS today. Good news was that physical production remained on track for next week with expected delivery between mid Dec (impossible) and late Dec (more likely). I say impossible in that given the logistics of getting something from CA over to the east coast within a week or two would be impressive - but I don't think they are flying these things in, lol.

Still a "tough" wait (for someone impatient like me), I'll just have to keep reading the forums. But I would expect everyone in PA / NJ will wind up getting their cars all at about the same time. I'll try to remember to update the spreadsheet once my status changes. By the way, that thing is dying for a cleanup scrub and some consolidated metrics summarization.

I confirmed a fully loaded P100D in AUGUST! with an expected delivery date of end of September. It was rescheduled twice to end of November/December, my (useless) DS told me that I should expect it prior to Thanksgiving. Guess what..just checked my status page and the date has been pushed out yet again to December early January. I hope this is not one of those Fremont Delivery that is pushed out to EOQ. What a crock. (this is my 5th Tesla so I know the score, but NEVER this bad).

I ordered the white "recommended" seats. In any case, the design page states if I order today, the configuration I ordered is "late December" (sounds like bait and switch at this point). I was told white seats delayed the first delivery, however, the DS told me expect delivery before Thanksgiving (he is useless). What really gets my goat is that they are churning out plenty of P100Ds to EV-CPO.

Anyone else having P100D delivery problems?

My P100D went into production on November 11, and it is still showing as in production with a "December-early January" delivery. I also have the ultra white seats on order. I wouldn't think my car would enter production if there were a shortage of a part, but who knows. From what I've seen here, most cars are in prodution for less than a week.

HumanGenome and I had our P100Ds enter production on the exact same day, and he took delivery the day before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that after 2 weeks and 3 days, my car will exit production soon. :)

Surprisingly, I'm in no rush. I just hope the extended timeline doesn't indicate they found a problem with the car after it was built that is being "corrected."

Checked in with my DS today. Good news was that physical production remained on track for next week with expected delivery between mid Dec (impossible) and late Dec (more likely). I say impossible in that given the logistics of getting something from CA over to the east coast within a week or two would be impressive - but I don't think they are flying these things in, lol.

Still a "tough" wait (for someone impatient like me), I'll just have to keep reading the forums. But I would expect everyone in PA / NJ will wind up getting their cars all at about the same time. I'll try to remember to update the spreadsheet once my status changes. By the way, that thing is dying for a cleanup scrub and some consolidated metrics summarization.

For some metrics from the spreadsheet, see my analysis here: Tableau Public

I would say that mid-December is "possible" still, average time from production end to delivery for PA is 14 days, NJ is 11 days (see US information tab)... so if production ends in the next day or so, it's certainly possible.

What is this? I am taking delivery on 12/8 -- what should i look for and tell my DS? Can you elaborate on the door chrome issue? Also by feature disabling you mean auto pilot?

It's the chrome trim below the window line on the doors. It's misaligned.

HumanGenome - would you have bought it if the 100 was a 0-60 at 5.9 seconds? Or, what if it was a 60 with same 2.5sec 0-60? Which was more important (ie. acceleration or range)?

If the 60 did 2.5 seconds I would have bought that.

Performance was more important than range but it is a nice benefit ;)

Have been watching waiting for the 100D to show up on Tesla's order page. Interesting today it shows February deliveries across the board. Early last week it showed late December. That is quite a jump in delivery dates.....Definitely be holding off for a while to see if the 100D's start to show up now

Have been watching waiting for the 100D to show up on Tesla's order page. Interesting today it shows February deliveries across the board. Early last week it showed late December. That is quite a jump in delivery dates.....Definitely be holding off for a while to see if the 100D's start to show up now

The 60, 75, and 90 all show Feb as well, so I don't think it's specific to the 100D. Wouldn't this be in line with what TMC knows about the production schedule? They churn out international cars in the beginning of the Quarter. So I'm assuming January they would be building & shipping cars oversees before getting to US cars in Feb.

Or...we can go with the wild speculation. Tesla is shutting down the factory in January to retool! The $2,000 increase on the 60 models will now pay for a HUD, AP 3.0, 2170 battery cells, solar roofs on MS, [insert anything you want here], and every MS will now come with a bag of potatoes in the frunk!

Reactions: wesley888
Ordered 11/6, Confirmed 11/14, Picking up 11/30. Model S 60, all options with AP 2.0 Wow that was quick.
WOW! That was fast. I ordered 10/21, got my vin 10/28 & haven't even entered production yet!
"Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue" has been the same message for a month now
Your estimated delivery window is Late December - January, 2017.
VIN #171, S60D all options except rear seats- NY delivery
Very frustrating!

Hey guys, just a heads up, my car went into production 04 November and finally finished on 23 November. According to my DS, when there are quality control issues spotted, the factory is taking about two weeks to address them. It finally shipped from Fremont, CA to Seattle, WA on 26 November. Tomorrow, I take delivery and can finally live again!

• Informative
Reactions: Ohji
You'll have your car. They're going to start rocking at the factory soon. DS estimates are pretty accurate but can change.

Man, I sure hope so! I have to take my Mom to Duke in Durham NC every two months, and I can't wait to use the autopilot during our next trip to make the drive a bit easier. Plus who knows if the tax credit will survive 2017 with the new administration.

Hey guys, just a heads up, my car went into production 04 November and finally finished on 23 November. According to my DS, when there are quality control issues spotted, the factory is taking about two weeks to address them. It finally shipped from Fremont, CA to Seattle, WA on 26 November. Tomorrow, I take delivery and can finally live again!

Thank you for this information! Please update us after your delivery. I will be curious if you will be able to see any residual evidence of what needed to be fixed.

Reactions: randycandy