Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an update from Tesla with the title, Your order has been confirmed. I assumed it just had to do with me approving the loan terms today, but when I went to the My Tesla page to review my order I noticed that my car status has now changed from pre-production to in production.

Here is the body of the email (along with a picture of my car and the specs):

Thank You
Your order is confirmed

For the purposes of factory planning, we have begun sourcing parts for your Model S. As your car's final assembly date nears, you'll be contacted to plan your pickup. If you have any questions, please contact us.

I have updated the Model S Order & Delivery 2016 spreadsheet, but thought I would post here for anyone trying to keep tabs on production.

I take it you didn't do it online. I did everything online and received all correspondences there too.
I did do online but I messed up. Twice.
First I checked for the repair because I thought I wanted to drive the car for another 3-6 years. Its a 2010 with 105,343 on it. Just hitting the sweet spot. I thought I'd wait for the model 3, but I started to have my doubts about keeping the Jetta Wagon. I decided to test drive an EV; I started out with an I3, which is comfortably priced and decided I should try some other cars. Next one was a model S, and I was sold.
Second I uploaded my tittle and not my registration, so I had to redo that.
My acceptance letter arrived but was set for repair. I marked it for a change to buy out. Uploaded. Called. Waiting for the new acceptance letter.

Good to hear that your P100D has been built. I ordered one on 11/6, confirmed on 11/13, and have not seen it go into production yet. DS is sticking to his promise for Mid Dec delivery, but website still says same Dec - early Jan.
Not sure if there is any connection, but I had been waiting 4 months for my P100D and my delivery date was pushed 4 times from end of September to December-early January, I finally got fed up with my DS and sent a "squeaky wheel" email to someone higher up the food chain, that was Friday Dec. 2, on Dec 4 status went from in production queue to in production, and completed Dec 9 with Fremont pickup Dec 14.

What's a Squeeky Wheel and who did you email?
You know the old saying about the squeaky wheel being oiled first. I did not want to do it but after the 4th push I was fed up with my DS and the run around I was getting. This is my fifth Tesla and that came up in the email about this is no way to treat someone who over the course of the last 4 years has put $700K into Tesla's coffers. I guess that got their attention.

Reactions: Pantera Dude
You know the old saying about the squeaky wheel being oiled first. I did not want to do it but after the 4th push I was fed up with my DS and the run around I was getting. This is my fifth Tesla and that came up in the email about this is no way to treat someone who over the course of the last 4 years has put $700K into Tesla's coffers. I guess that got their attention.

Couldn't agree more! They have $310k of my money on two cars within three months. They are sketchy on giving me a delivery date yet the car is on the train now.

My dashboard also has 6 tasks.
And there is a new step for me this morning "Request Final Paperwork"

I had to click the big red button and then check all the boxes.
(I downloaded a pic, but the step is complete)

FWIW My #6 step is confirming the trade in offer for my Lexus. (I have their verbal offer from last month, but Their final offer is still in preparation)

Interestingly, I've never received an update email.
I know they have my email because they email me. But I've never gotten a "your car is in xxx" or other automated email

I guess 6 is the new 5. :) I'm not lucky enough to have found the secret to unlock Step 6. :D

Vancouver delivery team really not communicative. Very disappointing experience. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

You will be pleased with the car. Vancouver has some really good people, but I sense that they are just really hard pressed to keep up with the demand. We have been with them for their entire 4-year existence in Van, and overall, service and sales support has been wonderful.

Not sure if there is any connection, but I had been waiting 4 months for my P100D and my delivery date was pushed 4 times from end of September to December-early January, I finally got fed up with my DS and sent a "squeaky wheel" email to someone higher up the food chain, that was Friday Dec. 2, on Dec 4 status went from in production queue to in production, and completed Dec 9 with Fremont pickup Dec 14.

Wow! I hope that I have a shorter path to delivery than the one you've been through. I wonder whether it was your very loyal customer status & squeaky wheel e-mail or that they're just starting to produce the California cars now at quarter's end. Anyway Dec 14th is right around the corner.