Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery! Actually last week, but it's been cloudy out there. Just got a nice clear day today.

Attachments

• IMG_20161212_113943.jpg
    IMG_20161212_113943.jpg
    879.9 KB · Views: 80
Wow, that's a really good price. I obtained 2 quotes from electricians (not recommended by Tesla) to upgrade my 100A panel to a 200A service panel, and then add in a 60A circuit and run cable about 20ft to where the Wall Connector is being installed. They needed to add a 60A disconnect by the wall connector because it was not in the line of sight. The 100A service panel was mounted on the outside of the house and the new 200A panel was put into the wall.

All in, I paid $2,425, and it was pretty close to the other bid, but the other electrician's quote did not involve putting the panel in the wall, which is more work. Bear in mind that I only have (4) 20A circuits and (1) 60A circuit, so the materials were not that expensive.

As a point of reference, I considered having cable put in that beefier and would accommodate a 100A circuit if I ever decided to go that route, and the cost difference would have been $150. I didn't do it, however, because my car on order only has a single charger and I don't anticipate buying a new Tesla for 6+ years.
I paid the extra money for the higher amperage purely because of the tax break. Until I hit 3k in expense, including the HPWC, I knew I'd get a tax rebate for 30% of the cost. I also have single chargers, but figured I might as well future proof my garage since I'll definitely be adding a Model 3 in there later and will want to charge both cars.

I just had my 400A main panel replaced with a dual-meter 400A panel (CA PG&E EV-B) feeding 2x new 200A panels (one for house, one dedicated for vehicle charging) and 100A fused disconnect switch and wall connector installed. This is to allow lowest charging cost for vehicle charging (timed rate) and non-timed rate (whenever/whatever) for everything else. Note that the 2nd EV meter isn't plugged in yet; waiting. Cost just under $8K. Stucco and sheet rock not included. Not painted yet. Car has the high current charger.
Smart! I wouldn't really benefit for off-peak hour charging from my electric company since they only offer discounted pricing in the summer or I might have considered going the same route with separate metering for the garage.

Reactions: Mach Schnell!
My Tesla page just updated to say I'm in production.
Ordered 11/16
Confirmed 11/17
VIN Assigned 11/17
In Production 12/13

Shipping to Salt Lake City, UT
Pearl White 60D, Cloth Seats, Black Headliner, Carbon Fiber, Sunroof, EAP, Premium, Subzero Weather, Air Suspension.

Assuming I take delivery by Christmas, then I'll be road tripping to Seattle for the holidays. Super excited!

I also just got the "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory" status update on MyTesla

It also revised my delivery Time from Dec 18-31 to Dec 19-26

Now I gotta beg Xcel to get out here and hook up my electrical service!

I'm genuinely curious to hear how quickly you get yours. Mine finished production on the 6th, and has been in transit ever since, with an estimated window between 12/22 and 1/6. My DS told me last week it was on a train to Chicago. I wonder if yours will be going by transport straight from the factory, so it's anticipated to not take as long?

I paid the extra money for the higher amperage purely because of the tax break. Until I hit 3k in expense, including the HPWC, I knew I'd get a tax rebate for 30% of the cost. I also have single chargers, but figured I might as well future proof my garage since I'll definitely be adding a Model 3 in there later and will want to charge both cars.

The tax credit for home EV charging stations is limited by the AMT. Were you actually able to claim the credit on your taxes? I would think most Tesla owners wouldn't qualify (or more accurately that the credit would be reduced to zero because of the AMT).

• Informative
My Tesla page just updated to say I'm in production.
Ordered 11/16
Confirmed 11/17
VIN Assigned 11/17
In Production 12/13

Shipping to Salt Lake City, UT
Pearl White 60D, Cloth Seats, Black Headliner, Carbon Fiber, Sunroof, EAP, Premium, Subzero Weather, Air Suspension.

Assuming I take delivery by Christmas, then I'll be road tripping to Seattle for the holidays. Super excited!

Wow, you will probably get your car before Christmas as well. My car was built 12/13, and I wonder if they will hold on to my car, and put both cars on the same truck? I WANT MY CAR NOW!