Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scarlett, our new P100D, is home! Pickup in Vancouver was fairly smooth yesterday, although we had trouble transferring my precious olympic commemorative plates without some arm-twisting at ICBC by my able DS. Fit and finish looked really good. I saw nothing out of place in the interior. The exterior paint could have used more detailing after transport, and Tesla agreed to handle this when convenient for me. There were no serious flaws, just a few very light clear-coat scratches on the hood and rear deck.

Love the UltraWhite seats! They are the most comfortable and supportive Tesla seats I have had yet. The glass roof is truly awesome. It is almost like driving with the top down but minus the wind. The P100D has a wonderful drive characteristic. It feels as smooth and silent as my original Signature (on its third DU), but as tight and responsive as my wife's 2015 P85D. There is NO front drivetrain whine like on the early P85Ds. I kept it out of Ludicrous so far, since our roads are dicey. Sport mode is very predictable and moderate for routine (and winter) driving.

I discovered a great use for Bioweapon Defense Mode: It is GREAT for removing the noxious aspects of "new car smell." Let's face it-- it is a sentimental pleasure initially, but it is composed of VOCs after all, and not great on the physiology. Five minutes on BDM and it was like fresh BC air inside!

This was by far my fastest Tesla acquisition cycle—a day shy of 7 weeks from online order to pickup. Go TESLA!

IMG_1275.jpg

Scarlett, our new P100D, is home! Pickup in Vancouver was fairly smooth yesterday, although we had trouble transferring my precious olympic commemorative plates without some arm-twisting at ICBC by my able DS. Fit and finish looked really good. I saw nothing out of place in the interior. The exterior paint could have used more detailing after transport, and Tesla agreed to handle this when convenient for me. There were no serious flaws, just a few very light clear-coat scratches on the hood and rear deck.

Love the UltraWhite seats! They are the most comfortable and supportive Tesla seats I have had yet. The glass roof is truly awesome. It is almost like driving with the top down but minus the wind. The P100D has a wonderful drive characteristic. It feels as smooth and silent as my original Signature (on its third DU), but as tight and responsive as my wife's 2015 P85D. There is NO front drivetrain whine like on the early P85Ds. I kept it out of Ludicrous so far, since our roads are dicey. Sport mode is very predictable and moderate for routine (and winter) driving.

I discovered a great use for Bioweapon Defense Mode: It is GREAT for removing the noxious aspects of "new car smell." Let's face it-- it is a sentimental pleasure initially, but it is composed of VOCs after all, and not great on the physiology. Five minutes on BDM and it was like fresh BC air inside!

This was by far my fastest Tesla acquisition cycle—a day shy of 7 weeks from online order to pickup. Go TESLA!

View attachment 205756
Gorgeous car! I'm looking forward to standing in that same delivery bay next week.

Greetings! As of a December 12 my status is: "Your Tesla has been ordered. You have until December 19th to edit... After that date ... your order will be scheduled for production". Great. Really great.

I understand that I need to receive before Apr 1 in order to get unlimited Super Charger access. The team in the store has assured me that this will happen. The ordering tools claimed March delivery. What is the wisdom of this group? Will there be issues with getting in under the wire?

MS 90D, red body, tan interior, lux package, sunroof, smart air suspension, upgraded sound, full AP setup and a partridge in a pear tree.

View attachment 205756

Looks great! Congratulations!

Greetings! As of a December 12 my status is: "Your Tesla has been ordered. You have until December 19th to edit... After that date ... your order will be scheduled for production". Great. Really great.

I understand that I need to receive before Apr 1 in order to get unlimited Super Charger access. The team in the store has assured me that this will happen. The ordering tools claimed March delivery. What is the wisdom of this group? Will there be issues with getting in under the wire?

MS 90D, red body, tan interior, lux package, sunroof, smart air suspension, upgraded sound, full AP setup and a partridge in a pear tree.

You will get your car before April 1 or Tesla will honor the free supercharging (its not unlimited, its just free, they reserve rights to cut people off and whatnot even if they haven't done that yet to anyone). Since you are in Oregon, I expect that your car will be built towards the middle of March and delivered before the end of the quarter/month. At least that's based on my experience when ordering.

Do you guys get any emails from Tesla or all information comes from the My Tesla site?

I just saw my estimated delivery range change from "December to early January 2017" to "December 18, 2016 - January 1, 2017" this morning.

That looks very promising! I "think" I eventually received emails for confirmed and VIN dates. But the first news of the car being in production, I saw on My Tesla. Been using the refresh button a LOT. :D No email yet.

Do you guys get any emails from Tesla or all information comes from the My Tesla site?

I just saw my estimated delivery range change from "December to early January 2017" to "December 18, 2016 - January 1, 2017" this morning.

I've never received a single automated email after order confirmation. Entry into production showed up on the My Tesla dashboard last week and hasn't changed. What did change on Monday was that the estimated delivery range went from "December to early January 2017" to "December 20, 2016 - January 3, 2017". Soon after I noticed this my DS emailed me to say that production was complete and that my car would be shipping late this week.

I assume it's sitting waiting for the Pacific Northwest transport (there are a few Portland and Seattle cars also just ending production based on the spreadsheet). So my guess is that the two week delivery estimate range is indicating that it's likely my car will arrive in Vancouver around the 20th, with two weeks within which the delivery will happen. Still hoping to get it before Christmas.

Last edited:

I received automated emails confirming receipt of my order, confirming my order was final, confirming my car was in production, confirming my car had completed production and then confirming my delivery date. The My Tesla dashboard also updated for each of these events, but on different days from when the emails arrived (except the initial order and order confirmation, which happened on the same days). My DS also gave me some updates, but only when I really pestered him.