Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ours was perhaps a simpler build (MS60), but it only showed in production for 4 days. We are having the car shipped directly to us in Albuquerque. The DS says for us to expect 2 days detail and prep for shiping in CA and then a 3 day trip via truck to our house. If you are planing on picking the car up at a service center there in GA, I believe the normal route would be to finish production, do a check out in CA, ship to GA (perhaps via train) to the service center, final prep and detail at the service center, and then your pickup at the service center.

Enjoy your new car, sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

I'm also > 180 miles from a SC, so they were going to ship the car to my house. My concern was the delivery issues I've heard re: paint, misaligned components. I know I could refuse delivery at my house, but could see that extending out the process significantly.

I'm not accepting delivery of a janky Tesla, so I'll be headed down to Mt. Kisco on a road trip.

Ours was perhaps a simpler build (MS60), but it only showed in production for 4 days. We are having the car shipped directly to us in Albuquerque. The DS says for us to expect 2 days detail and prep for shiping in CA and then a 3 day trip via truck to our house. If you are planing on picking the car up at a service center there in GA, I believe the normal route would be to finish production, do a check out in CA, ship to GA (perhaps via train) to the service center, final prep and detail at the service center, and then your pickup at the service center.

Enjoy your new car, sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
I'm now seeing (and hearing) the same when it comes to 4 days in productions. I wonder are they still working weekends to get these cars pushed out.

I'm also > 180 miles from a SC, so they were going to ship the car to my house. My concern was the delivery issues I've heard re: paint, misaligned components. I know I could refuse delivery at my house, but could see that extending out the process significantly.

I'm not accepting delivery of a janky Tesla, so I'll be headed down to Mt. Kisco on a road trip.

I also had concerns about what happens if there are "issues" when the car is dropped off at our house. When asked about this concern, our DS suggested we should carefully inspect the car and note any issues on the paperwork before signing off at delivery. At that point we could either drive the car to a SC (> 400 mi for us) or they could schedule a "Ranger" to come out to ABQ to remedy the problems.

Talked to our DS yesterday, and our delivery is scheduled for next Thursday!

Reactions: Sully's8
Happiness is a function of expectations.

I've had my AP2 MS 90D for almost a week now. Ordered mid Dec. Very happy with it, in part because TMC helped set my expectations. There are lot's of conversation about features that are yet to be. Lots of excitement about each new thing that turns on. (People running out to find traffic jams in the middle of the night is pretty funny : ) Being a geek, I get to participate in new features in real time. How cool is that? If my expectations were "absolutely must be better that AP1 test drives right out of the box", then, well, might be different.

It is an expensive car no matter how we think about it. As far as basics went, I searched for and found TMC posts with delivery checklists. Took them, did my walk through like a boss, everything perfect. If it had not been perfect, I knew that I could request perfection. Because TMC members reported such cases. On delivery day, I knew that 17.5.28 was the most up to date firmware and what it could do. (Checked, yup, got the right version).

Range anxiety? I've read here what affects range. Garage connections? Lots of advice. Any other questions and I will ask them.

So. Happy camper. Posting this with advice: relax, take deep breaths, it's gonna be great.

... wow. how sappy was that? ah well...

Happiness is a function of expectations.

I've had my AP2 MS 90D for almost a week now. Ordered mid Dec. Very happy with it, in part because TMC helped set my expectations. There are lot's of conversation about features that are yet to be. Lots of excitement about each new thing that turns on. (People running out to find traffic jams in the middle of the night is pretty funny : ) Being a geek, I get to participate in new features in real time. How cool is that? If my expectations were "absolutely must be better that AP1 test drives right out of the box", then, well, might be different.

It is an expensive car no matter how we think about it. As far as basics went, I searched for and found TMC posts with delivery checklists. Took them, did my walk through like a boss, everything perfect. If it had not been perfect, I knew that I could request perfection. Because TMC members reported such cases. On delivery day, I knew that 17.5.28 was the most up to date firmware and what it could do. (Checked, yup, got the right version).

Range anxiety? I've read here what affects range. Garage connections? Lots of advice. Any other questions and I will ask them.

So. Happy camper. Posting this with advice: relax, take deep breaths, it's gonna be great.

... wow. how sappy was that? ah well...

I was a december delivery. Even though I did a thorough walk through -- I was so excited my eyes didn't see 3 issues with the car (minor). My location took my car in yesterday and fixed those minor issues and gave me a P85D loaner that was fully loaded. I got to experience AP1 (for half my commute it was disabled on the way to work) and premium sound and air suspension (plus a performance vehicle). I discovered that I picked the right combo of features for me. You'll learn a lot more about your car when you keep driving it and you'll probably learn about some small issues with fit and finish as you explore it in detail. Sometimes it takes time and delivery isn't the ideal time for those discoveries.

Croman Thank you and done. One problem is there is no selection from the "model" pull down menu for 100D \i/

Not sure about that one. Since its so new maybe it isn't part of the spreadsheet -- I dunno who created it so it might not be possible to add that in. Someone did it for the all glass roof which was a new option when I ordered so maybe just select 90D and put a note about it being 100D and when the spreadsheet is updated, go and change it. You'll be visiting that spreadsheet constantly anyways. :D

My 90D just entered production today. Order was finalized Dec 28, 2016. My email said the "current line took 65,000 Tesla man-hours to retool over a period of 2 weeks". So I'm assuming the shutdown/retooling is done.

My DS just called to let me know; I received my email about 30 mins before she called.

• Informative
Reactions: doctoxics
My 90D just entered production today. Order was finalized Dec 28, 2016. My email said the "current line took 65,000 Tesla man-hours to retool over a period of 2 weeks". So I'm assuming the shutdown/retooling is done.

My DS just called to let me know; I received my email about 30 mins before she called.

Yay, I'm Dec 30th order, Jan 6 confirmation. . . Should be right behind you.

First 100d inventory car I've found. Nice Blue with white interior. And a very recent Vin #.

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28HF186714 | Tesla

Is there a trick to finding this new model through a USA wide new inventory search? I used evcpo and some other sites but their filters do not include 100D yet and unfiltered, this doesn't appear to show up. Clicking on the link above didn't give a 'location' and out of a thought to myself last week of putting a bay area zipcode into the new inventory finder on the tesla website didn't see this. Today, the location on this link says the car is in San Francisco area for purchase, yet when I put in a random SF zipcode like 94016, this car does not show in the tesla.com new inventory search. Only clicking the above link finds me that car.

Is there a trick to finding this new model through a USA wide new inventory search? I used evcpo and some other sites but their filters do not include 100D yet and unfiltered, this doesn't appear to show up. Clicking on the link above didn't give a 'location' and out of a thought to myself last week of putting a bay area zipcode into the new inventory finder on the tesla website didn't see this. Today, the location on this link says the car is in San Francisco area for purchase, yet when I put in a random SF zipcode like 94016, this car does not show in the tesla.com new inventory search. Only clicking the above link finds me that car.

Yes - but proprietary. Member cryptyk here also did something similar when he was searching for a P90D/P100D for himself. He found what was about 500+ P100D inventory long before Tesla listed them for sale. Many were built during Q4 but only shown for sale in Q1. Perhaps part of the 6000 "in transit" cars. Why build so many inventory? Well, depends on how they were used. Demos? Loaners? Perhaps. Along with usable to for ABL dollars at 85% of liquidation value to end the quarter with a better cash position.

That is so odd. All reports say the factory is closing for Model 3 updates starting 02/18/2017. Are you sure your email is current and not referencing the Model X retooling way back when?

I looked through the MS order&delivery spreadsheet and didn't find any weeks where no production starts / production completes were showing gaps. I suppose it hasn't happened yet. I know someone who worked on the retooling in the July 2014 timeframe and the two week retooling was supposedly quite extensive there, lot of people involved. However, strangely, they had to retool again in 2015 for Model X. Perhaps due to the new vendor of the FWDs.

• Helpful
Reactions: boonedocks