Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just changed my order from a CPO to an S75. picked an inventory car. Was told the car was built 2 weeks ago, so new motor, but no mention of battery. I'll look when I get the car. Supposed to be delivered by this weekend. The perks of living near Fremont I guess. When we were going through all the inventory cars, I just picked the one with the highest VIN.

I just changed my order from a CPO to an S75. picked an inventory car. Was told the car was built 2 weeks ago, so new motor, but no mention of battery. I'll look when I get the car. Supposed to be delivered by this weekend. The perks of living near Fremont I guess. When we were going through all the inventory cars, I just picked the one with the highest VIN.
Lucky you! I've been told over and over again by my damn OA that I'm locked in to the inventory car that's still in it's original location in Chicago. Was it hard for them to change your CPO to an inventory car?

Has anyone else who confirmed their order before the latest PUP changes (lighting/air suspension now standard) received their car? I was told that my car absolutely would not have the upgraded lighting (turning/fog lights, lighted door handles) or air suspension. My option codes confirm that I don't have any of it. However, I DO actually have lighted door handles, but seemingly none of the other now-standard features. I just think it's strange that I ended up with that single feature, but none of the others.

Lucky you! I've been told over and over again by my damn OA that I'm locked in to the inventory car that's still in it's original location in Chicago. Was it hard for them to change your CPO to an inventory car?

Not at all. I went to a Tesla store, found my inventory car and had my CPO deposit moved over right then and there. I had my CPO deposit for 4 or so days.

Order placed on 08/06
confirmed on 08/10
Now just wait and read forums...Never been this impatient in my life for anything!
But I known I am not the only one after reading all the posts!

I ordered mine on 8-7 and was confirmed on 8-10. Scheduled to be built on the 28th. If you call your Sales Advisor he/she might be able to tell you when yours is scheduled to enter production.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy
Has anyone else who confirmed their order before the latest PUP changes (lighting/air suspension now standard) received their car? I was told that my car absolutely would not have the upgraded lighting (turning/fog lights, lighted door handles) or air suspension. My option codes confirm that I don't have any of it. However, I DO actually have lighted door handles, but seemingly none of the other now-standard features. I just think it's strange that I ended up with that single feature, but none of the others.
how do you know that you got the lighted door handles? I also confirmed before PUP changes. lighted door handles is better than nothing haha!

Confirmed on 6/29 and still haven't started production... Going on a 2 month wait with no movement. Since I ordered the car they've made 0-60 changes, premium package changes, the description and price for my vehicle on myTesla has changed multiple times, started building model 3's, dropped the price on model X (which may have swayed me). They claim I'll get what I ordered... 0-60 increase included, no air suspension but a la carte premium audio and subzero. I probably should have switched my order to get air suspension, but I would have had to pay a bit more to get the new premium package. The reason I didn't switch was because I thought I would get the car quicker... now I'm not so sure. I still show a late August delivery but get a chuckle overtime I log into myTesla and see that it hasn't started production. Oh well... I'm sure I'll be happy when I get the car. Sorry for the rant...

• Informative
Reactions: Rossy
Confirmed on 6/29 and still haven't started production... Going on a 2 month wait with no movement. Since I ordered the car they've made 0-60 changes, premium package changes, the description and price for my vehicle on myTesla has changed multiple times, started building model 3's, dropped the price on model X (which may have swayed me). They claim I'll get what I ordered... 0-60 increase included, no air suspension but a la carte premium audio and subzero. I probably should have switched my order to get air suspension, but I would have had to pay a bit more to get the new premium package. The reason I didn't switch was because I thought I would get the car quicker... now I'm not so sure. I still show a late August delivery but get a chuckle overtime I log into myTesla and see that it hasn't started production. Oh well... I'm sure I'll be happy when I get the car. Sorry for the rant...
I think ordering a Tesla is the ultimate marshmellow test:
First world problems for sure. I'm a month behind you (I ordered 7/28). I think I'm going to love the car when it gets here, in the mean time I watch Tesla Bjorn videos on you tube.

Reactions: ShooterMcD
First post. I've had a bit of a rough time ordering my Model S. I went in to order on July 1 we looked at the website and based on living in sunny SD I didn't think I needed the all wheel drive, the performance specs of the 75 vs the 100 were very similar I opted for the S75. About 3 days later I found out the inventory car I was advised would be best and placed a deposit on, did not have the same performance specs as listed on the website. When I asked my OA he confirmed and said it was still a good car and I would be happy with it, but as I plan to keep this car for a while I really wanted the most current version. My OA said he would transfer my deposit to custom build and reorder. Turns out that process took 10 days or so and pushed my new confirmation out further.

During the time my custom order was being placed the air suspension and lighting upgrades were added but tesla wasn't able to add those to my order, I again had to have my order redone, that process took time as well and wasn't confirmed until 8/1.

I sold my ICE car shortly after placing my original order as I was advised on a 2 week delivery for an inventory order and I got an awesome cash offer. I have been renting a car since 7/5. That's why I'm pushing for a faster delivery time. My DS is on vacation so I called the SD SC they advised my car would be in production around 8/25 and they would shoot for a 9/2 delivery.

Hopefully this timeline will turn out to be accurate and I can get out of my Toyota Carolla rental and into a new Model S soon.