Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My elderly father came over for Dinner Sunday. Mom drove ... anyway, he looked at Trudi .. er, I mean BadA** and said

"that car is not blue, it's black - they sent you the wrong color"

Cloudy, in garage, nighttime - black
Sunny, bright - blue.

I like the grey too, but that blue has won me over.

And to echo other comments, the grey looks awesome. I should've considered it more seriously; the samples in the showrooms really do many of these colors a disservice. (I'd seen blue and brown in person which is why they were my top two choices at the end.)
It's hard to get a good feel from the small samples plus indoor lighting isn't how you'll normally be looking at it. The Portland store let me take the samples outside and look, which really helped me decide. I was looking at the Pearl White, Grey, and Blue. Once outside the grey appealed the most.

To be honest though, they're all good colors and I could have picked a color at random and not been unhappy. It was just a matter of selecting my personal favorite.

P1698/VIN 1657 is inbound to Atlanta and will get here on Saturday the 15th :)

I had a Saturday Delivery. Mine was at 7:30 am - this will be a most exciting and wonderful day for you ... consider getting the driver breakfast if it is a morning delivery. These guys love to see our faces. I know you probably have a DS too, but the driver often gets left out of the deal. I only had a driver, so we all had a half hour breakfast and relax-a-thon. I think he appreciated it.

I had a Saturday Delivery. Mine was at 7:30 am - this will be a most exciting and wonderful day for you ... consider getting the driver breakfast if it is a morning delivery. These guys love to see our faces. I know you probably have a DS too, but the driver often gets left out of the deal. I only had a driver, so we all had a half hour breakfast and relax-a-thon. I think he appreciated it.

Actually, Tesla is apparently now taking a similar approach to TX deliveries: No DES in-person! I was really hoping to meet Cale, since he's been SUPER helpful. Seriously, I feel like I'm a Sig holder or something.

Oh, just got this from him via email:

Massachusetts, Georgia, Texas, and Arizona are the 4 states we have the most challenges with. Texas has drawn a clear line that we are not able to meet a customer in person. Georgia has been a case where we have tiptoed knowing they have similar laws but have yet to actually be slapped on the wrist yet.

So, there you go. GA's being dumb as usually. But that's helpful info for anyone in AZ or MA as well.

Hi Tim - what is your delivery window? I was hoping that my car would be on the same truck as yours.

Original window was 12/8-12/22. So, literally right in the middle of it.

I will post any VINs I'm able to see on the same truck. But if they're loading them correctly, then the cars are loaded in reverse order of delivery and they won't have to take any others out to get mine off the truck.

Sorry, wrong term. Looks like a dyno but just has rollers - no "dyno" parts (or maybe they just freewheel the resitance parts). That's from memory of my factory tour 2 months ago so can't recall if they have two stations or just use the one.

Less wear and tear on the tires than doing a series of hard stops on pavement.

I drove by the Factory a few days back and noticed an outdoor track complete with banking at the rear fo the factory close to warren. Been back since and each time I go thry have a handful of model s doing laps around it. i wonder if this is where they test each car before delivery in addition to the indoor track or if this is for owners to take a spin.

not sure.

As promised, my DS was waiting for me at the airport when my flight landed at FLL (at 9:15pm!). He picked me up in TMC's F-150 and drove me to the Dania Beach service center, where we filled out the DMV paperwork and I was on my way! I can't say enough about the Dania Beach team. They are extraordinary. As is the car, of course, but everyone here already knows that. Not much more to add, other than that I have F/W 4.0. Can't fit the car in the garage without parking completely diagonally. I will have to have a concrete guy with a jackhammer out over the next couple of days in order to cure that.

It was nice hanging out with all of you in the delivery threads!

Funny thing -- as I was driving home, I remembered a very old joke. It suddenly has new meaning, and I can't believe I didn't think about it before I picked up the car, and I don't think anyone mentioned it here:

Here are pictures of the jackhammering:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151282538692208.492551.708447207&type=1&l=ea4c1b88dc

Serious Tesla love! I thought you were kidding.......

- - - Updated - - -

Belated delivery pictures.........

The approach
IMG_1874.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 822
  • IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 805
  • IMG_1879.JPG
    IMG_1879.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 806
  • IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 832
P2159 VIN 1682 is on the truck and heading to Seattle. I will probably pick her up on Wednesday (if possible) or Thursday.

After nearly 3 years, my wait can now be measured in hours.

Very excited!

cool. my car is on the same truck. hearing it will get in tomorrow and 1 day prep for a wednesday delivery. let me know what time you end up getting setup with an appointment for....

cool. my car is on the same truck. hearing it will get in tomorrow and 1 day prep for a wednesday delivery. let me know what time you end up getting setup with an appointment for....

I was told that my car and many others have arrived in Seattle and they are setting up delivery events for this weekend. Are the other Seattle folks getting the option for an appt during this week?

OK now you are making me nervous. What was the problem? Was the shelf too high for the front or rear ends to clear?
is your garage smaller than standard?

- - - Updated - - -

OK now you are making me nervous. What was the problem? Was the shelf too high for the front or rear ends to clear?

Just an observation: it's fascinating to see the switch from sipping at a slow drip, drip, drip to trying to cope with a firehose! "Surprise! Your car will be here at 6 a.m. tomorrow instead of next month. Cash or cheque accepted!"

Just an observation: it's fascinating to see the switch from sipping at a slow drip, drip, drip to trying to cope with a firehose! "Surprise! Your car will be here at 6 a.m. tomorrow instead of next month. Cash or cheque accepted!"

By the numbers, they are making 400/week, and delivering those plus the production cars that queued-up as the Sig deliveries were (nearly) completed. One might estimate, then, that there were about 1200 cars delivered - or a little less - by Thankgiving. 2012 Goal: 3700. Delivered. So at least 2500 deliveries in December, or over 600/week, which is over 100 deliveries...per day (at six days/week). Due to the assumed queuing of cars before the Sigs (mostly) finished, the current annualized rate of delivery would be over 30,000 cars/year. Obviously, we got some tired, hard-working TeslaCitizens in Fremont workin' real hard. Making their own dent in the universe, as a neighbor of theirs once said.

I don't think it's smaller than standard. The car is long. Almost as long as my wife's minivan (less than 3 inches shorter). The only reason the minivan fit was because the nose could go over the utility step, which the Tesla nose could never go over. The rear can go over for a few inches, but not enough. The car is also extremely wide, so the 2-car garage is now a 1-car garage.