Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea back to original promise date 23rd they were talking that I may get it as soon as the 19th. They haven't bumped me yet. I guess I was on the second train load of cars. or on the back of the train.

Do you think your car got a bunch of Rocks dropped on it, or sand blasted going through the desert? How can a car get so scratched up. It's like someone walked and brushed it off by had., which would be hard on the bumpers.
It's a good question. I'm not sure what to make of all the scratches. Here are two pics. It's the lowest edge of the front bumper. You can see there are many scratches on the lower vertical leading edge, as well as the horizontal section just above it. The scratches encompassed the middle third of the bumper. There were not scratches on the left or right third of the bumper.

I'm thinking sand in the desert would hit everywhere equally. I would expect to see scratches everywhere, not focused in one part of the bumper. It's gotta be something else.

Attachments

• 20180314_124102.jpg
    20180314_124102.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20180314_124200.jpg
    20180314_124200.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 58
Yea! Things are happening. DS FEDEX’d me some paperwork on Monday and (Finally!) just today, “Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory.” Ordered 12/26. Hoping that the (too) long of wait results in at least getting the new MCU since the car was built in March.

I think I have the distinction of being the longest waiting member for this Q1 delivery cycle. Happy to commiserate with any others out there from December.

It's a good question. I'm not sure what to make of all the scratches. Here are two pics. It's the lowest edge of the front bumper. You can see there are many scratches on the lower vertical leading edge, as well as the horizontal section just above it. The scratches encompassed the middle third of the bumper. There were not scratches on the left or right third of the bumper.

I'm thinking sand in the desert would hit everywhere equally. I would expect to see scratches everywhere, not focused in one part of the bumper. It's gotta be something else.
My goodness. That looks so horrible, really wonder what caused it. That definitely needs a replacement.

I just had to hit F5 one hundred million times over the course of two months and voila my vehicle went into production. I think that's the trick. :)

Seriously though, I found out on the website. No one let me know. Production is 4-5 days. Delivery is highly dependent on your location. My transit time was 2 days, then they prepped the car for 2 days until delivery. You're in California so I'm guessing your timeline will be similar. Since you already have a delivery date you can work backwards to figure out your approximate 'in production' date. Probably later this week or Monday at the latest. You're getting close for sure.
Thanks. These last days are the toughest to wait. Hopefully before the end of the month.

Reactions: EinSV
My DS also confirmed new MCU <high five>

Delivery date set for 3/20 in Fremont
Ordered 12/29
Confirmed 1/1
Production 3/14

VIN upper 246XXX

Congrats! You just made the cut!

Waiting on my Model S 75D as well, went into production 3/6-3/11..delivery date end of the month. I'm anxious and crossing fingers hoping I got the new MCU! My DS has no idea about the MCU and who has it. I can't believe how they are kept in the dark with these things, its crazy. You'd think they'd send them a memo or something.

Btw, it is bizarre seeing some of the variations in order and production dates. I ordered mine 2/20, confirmed 2/23, and production started for my before yours! So weird. Im in Houston, TX.

That looks like someone drove it off the truck/rail ramp too fast while in low-suspension setting. Front end bottomed out. Either way... I’d be livid.

On my drive to Seattle this morning, I passed a rig full of new MSes. All were wrapped front-to-rear with white protective sheeting.

Congrats...highly likely you've got the new MCU! check out DaEriks video.

The one he looked at had that version number. 8:30 of the video.

Thanks for the video. I didn't get my car today so I couldn't do an official check. But I know when I scrolled the map, it was smooth like the sample on the left, not slow like the right. Seems like I got the new MCU. Very cool.

The 2 month wait was excruciating. Now I'm really glad I had to wait.