Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two day old Tesla couldn't turn on the dashboard screen today. I called road assistance, then they did something magic from remote, it got back. . But it starts make me worry about what I just got myself into for 100k .
I already scheduled an appointment a week later for window seal and wifiW problem.

My two day old Tesla couldn't turn on the dashboard screen today. I called road assistance, then they did something magic from remote, it got back. . But it starts make me worry about what I just got myself into for 100k .
I already scheduled an appointment a week later for window seal and wifiW problem.

Don't worry, you will be happy. Couple of small issues here and there perhaps but take care of them and enjoy your car.

So they didn't offer any resolution to you getting the OLD MCU other than telling you about the upcoming update?

We talked quite a bit about it. They told me I could get a different car that was in NYC but hat the wrong color interior. I really didn’t want to start over

I took my cae over to get Opti-Coat done through out the car

Anyone get the Opti Coat interior treatment?

Took delivery earlier this afternoon - finally!

I’m still a bit overwhelmed, it’s a lot to take in for one day: the driving, the learning curve, the amount of features and menus to play around with..

I told them that i would need to bring it back to have it properly detailed and have some minor paint swirls and blemishes fixed.
The car looks like it’s been sitting somewhere dusty for a bit, and they weren’t able to clean the vehicle as thoroughly as I’d like (some dust/dirt buildup still present between paneling and in seams).

There are also a few blemishes in the interior that I’ll have them address - some seals aren’t properly tucked into the column and roof liner at the edge of the pano roof has some folds/wrinkles.

Other then that, the car is amazing.
I bought the lowly 75D, but it’s the fastest thing I’ve ever driven.

Oh, and the new MCU is amazing!
I was loading pages pretty quickly using the browser with only two bars of LTE.

The WiFi was not working out for me, but i think I need to get an extender to have my signal reach the garage.

Congrats @DMack! As I say to others... where are the pics?!?!
As for the WiFi, lots of people who’ve taken delivery recently have also had WiFi issues. Some have resolved it by hard rebooting. Others still having issues. Surprised this didn’t come up during delivery and my DA specifically showed me that the car was connected to the Tesla SC network when going over the various menus in the MCU.

Took delivery earlier this afternoon - finally!

I’m still a bit overwhelmed, it’s a lot to take in for one day: the driving, the learning curve, the amount of features and menus to play around with..

I told them that i would need to bring it back to have it properly detailed and have some minor paint swirls and blemishes fixed.
The car looks like it’s been sitting somewhere dusty for a bit, and they weren’t able to clean the vehicle as thoroughly as I’d like (some dust/dirt buildup still present between paneling and in seams).

There are also a few blemishes in the interior that I’ll have them address - some seals aren’t properly tucked into the column and roof liner at the edge of the pano roof has some folds/wrinkles.

Other then that, the car is amazing.
I bought the lowly 75D, but it’s the fastest thing I’ve ever driven.

Oh, and the new MCU is amazing!
I was loading pages pretty quickly using the browser with only two bars of LTE.

The WiFi was not working out for me, but i think I need to get an extender to have my signal reach the garage.

Congratulations Dmack on your new car and getting the processor. You think your car was dirty, stick it on a train and let it ride around for a month. I was afraid to touch it fearing the grit would scratch the heck out of the car. In all seriousness that is how alot of these cars get scratched.

Now I get to sit around for two days while they Opti Coat the car.

Congrats @DMack! As I say to others... where are the pics?!?!
As for the WiFi, lots of people who’ve taken delivery recently have also had WiFi issues. Some have resolved it by hard rebooting. Others still having issues. Surprised this didn’t come up during delivery and my DA specifically showed me that the car was connected to the Tesla SC network when going over the various menus in the MCU.

I’m ashamed of the pics I took, but here’s one without my goofy mug in it :)

My DA was new to the job, and I was schooling her on things like the new MCU and recently updated lighted vanity mirrors (thanks to this forum).
At one point, she showed me the frunk, and upon seeing the tow hook, was like “don’t ask me where .*that* goes” - very green, but they are delivering nonstop at that particular location and seem to be staffing up like crazy to meet demand.

One thing that i found weird is that they don’t stock many parts at that delivery location, so i had to order parts from the online store that are essential to me being able to charge it (14-30 adapter) - they should always keep that stuff in stock, IMHO.

It sounds like I’m complaining, but I’m beyond excited about this car :)

Attachments

• E3932998-575E-48A5-A484-580C4287F018.jpeg
    E3932998-575E-48A5-A484-580C4287F018.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 82
IMy DA was new to the job, and I was schooling her on things like the new MCU and recently updated lighted vanity mirrors (thanks to this forum). At one point, she showed me the frunk, and upon seeing the tow hook, was like “don’t ask me where .*that* goes” - very green, but they are delivering nonstop at that particular location and seem to be staffing up like crazy to meet demand.

One thing that i found weird is that they don’t stock many parts at that delivery location, so i had to order parts from the online store that are essential to me being able to charge it (14-30 adapter) - they should always keep that stuff in stock, IMHO.

Congrats! Out of curiosity where did you take delivery? Presumably somewhere in the Bay Area...is this Fremont?

I agree on the charging adapters, although in my case I ordered adapters before my car was built...I remember it was fun just to get a box delivered with "Tesla" on the outside. :)

Enjoy!

Bruce.

Congrats! Out of curiosity where did you take delivery? Presumably somewhere in the Bay Area...is this Fremont?

I agree on the charging adapters, although in my case I ordered adapters before my car was built...I remember it was fun just to get a box delivered with "Tesla" on the outside. :)

Enjoy!

Bruce.

Thanks, Bruce!

I chose the Van Ness location in SF since my wife and I wanted to make a day out of it :)

Do you remember how long it took for the orders to arrive to you?
I can supercharge in the meantime, but it sure would be nice to be able to charge at home.

Thanks, Bruce!

I chose the Van Ness location in SF since my wife and I wanted to make a day out of it :)

I can supercharge in the meantime, but it sure would be nice to be able to charge at home.
It’s literally a crap shoot. See my post in the Charging sub-forum. Long-story-short, your card will be immediately charged and you’ll get the confirmation email immediately. Then it’s crickets for a week+, despite whether you send them multiple emails asking for a update and that you’re stuck with household outlet (in my case) or have your SC parts person try on your behalf.
Then magically, one unsuspecting day, you’ll get an email saying the item is being shipped two-day express.
Apparently the Online Shop is separate from Corp so no one at Customer Service can help and they have to use the same generic email address as the rest of us. I provided some candid feedback so hopefully they improve here.
Even the SC parts mgrs I spoke to (called multiple people in OR, WA, and CA) said they had issues getting HPWCs (and I assume the adapters also) in as well. Agree with you that SCs should have them easily avail as it’s out lifeblood. Taking delivery of a new Tesla then not being able to properly charge is a huge letdown. I had to watch my range, i.e. no Insane mode, for close to a week, which irked me to no end.

• Informative
Reactions: DMack
Thanks, Bruce!

Online orders...well for me, stuff arrived pretty quickly, but I haven't ordered anything from the on-line store for a year or so. Shipping is pretty fast for us since the warehouse is in Newark, CA.

Agreed with @Doanster1 that the separation of the Web store from the rest of corporate is frustrating, as is the lack of transparency. The last time I ordered stuff from them, they double-shipped my order (but only charged me once), and even then, I had to chase after them to tell me how to ship the extra stuff back to them. No good deed goes unpunished, apparently.

If I had to buy a charging adapter Right Now (tm), I'd probably call around the different Bay Area / NorCal service centers to see if one of them had it in stock and could hold it for me.

Charging at home is one of the many advantages of EV ownership. So nice to head out each morning with a full "tank" (well, a 90% full battery). Something for you to look forward to!

Bruce.

Reactions: DMack
Update: after not taking delivery on my P100D a few weeks ago due to old MCU, I got a call from my OA that a nearly identical brand new car has come in with the new MCU. Only differences are cream premium instead of black premium interior (I was concerned about keeping cream clean, but I think I can manage), and all glass roof instead of sunroof (a little annoying, but I only wanted it for XM, which I can just stream; I have a sunroof in my current car and have opened it maybe once).

Going to jump on it.

My delivery was scheduled for last Tuesday at 10:15AM. Didn't happen, they called me at around 8:30AM to tell me that they started a firmware update that would take most of the day. Bummed. Felt like a kid being told on Christmas eve that there was to be no Christmas the following day. Waaahhhhh! The bummer continues as the car looks like now has a "service error" that they are trying to figure out. Hopefully it is solved today and I can pick up tomorrow?

Anyone else having this type of issue with firmware updates when you were supposed to be picking up your car?

My delivery was scheduled for last Tuesday at 10:15AM. Didn't happen, they called me at around 8:30AM to tell me that they started a firmware update that would take most of the day. Bummed. Felt like a kid being told on Christmas eve that there was to be no Christmas the following day. Waaahhhhh! The bummer continues as the car looks like now has a "service error" that they are trying to figure out. Hopefully it is solved today and I can pick up tomorrow?

Anyone else having this type of issue with firmware updates when you were supposed to be picking up your car?

I think the same happened to me.
The final stages of production for me lasted ~a week, and they informed me that it took them a while to sort out MCU issues.

Glad i waited, because the new MCU is silky smooth :)

Reactions: jrad6515