Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made my reservation for a P85+ on May 20th, it goes to the factory on June 2nd. This weekend I received my delivery details email and during the questionnaire it gave me an Estimated Delivery Window Jun. 15th - Jun. 29th. This is faster than I was expecting!

Strange, I reserved on 5/13/2013 and it was supposed to be sent to the factory today. "MyTesla" still says We will release your order to the factory on 5/27/2013. I have not received delivery details and questionnaire. Not sure what's going on.

Strange, I reserved on 5/13/2013 and it was supposed to be sent to the factory today. "MyTesla" still says We will release your order to the factory on 5/27/2013. I have not received delivery details and questionnaire. Not sure what's going on.

Looks like you got a P85, based on others it looks like there is a batch of P85+ going through and I caught the tail end of it. I would assume my situation is the abnormal one. I don't think it is normal to get delivery details until after your car has been released to the factory.

Looks like you got a P85, based on others it looks like there is a batch of P85+ going through and I caught the tail end of it. I would assume my situation is the abnormal one. I don't think it is normal to get delivery details until after your car has been released to the factory.

MyTesla changed status yesterday. "...Factory is building your model S Performance". The arrange delivery button also showed up. I got a delivery date of something like June 17-28 (the button disappeared so I can't get back to it). Looks like they are batching P85 and P85+. I kind of hope I get it at the end of the range because my garage isn't going to be ready until then but given the "Under promise/Over Deliver" behavior of TMC, I suspect it will be earlier. Kind of weird to be hoping the new toy shows up late...

MyTesla changed status yesterday. "...Factory is building your model S Performance". The arrange delivery button also showed up. I got a delivery date of something like June 17-28 (the button disappeared so I can't get back to it). Looks like they are batching P85 and P85+. I kind of hope I get it at the end of the range because my garage isn't going to be ready until then but given the "Under promise/Over Deliver" behavior of TMC, I suspect it will be earlier. Kind of weird to be hoping the new toy shows up late...

I feel the same way, I haven't even listed my old car for sale yet.

All of you getting p85+ vins are making me jealous. Ordered in november. then in January, after much persuasion, I convinced the, I couldn't take delivery before June 1st, then found out mid April It would be reAdy first week of June... Now still no vin according to website, ds, and app...

Yipee! This car is amazing. Between my wife and I we put 200 miles on the car yesterday. I have been fortunate to have been able to drive some nice cars in my lifetime. The acceleration is second to none. Cars become dots in your rear view mirror with even the gentliest accelerator nudge.

Got to go and find some more reasons to drive it...leaving work early!! Now I know what 'blue sis' (butterfly8) was talking about!

Julia Papanek is the best to work with, she got everything setup for my delivery this morning so quickly. My car will be ready for delivery on the 12th but I'll be on a work trip to Singapore so I've booked Monday the 17th for my delivery. I wanted a day when the factory would be running for a better tour, that and a day when I don't have killer jetlag.

Yipee! This car is amazing. Between my wife and I we put 200 miles on the car yesterday. I have been fortunate to have been able to drive some nice cars in my lifetime. The acceleration is second to none. Cars become dots in your rear view mirror with even the gentliest accelerator nudge.

Got to go and find some more reasons to drive it...leaving work early!! Now I know what 'blue sis' (butterfly8) was talking about!
Fantastic! And the good news is it just never gets old. So glad your wait is over...enjoy the reward!