Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ludicrous S ordered 6/7/19, OA reported we have a VIN today and should have delivery date any day now...

Good to know and good luck! We ordered our Raven LR on 6/5 and don't have a VIN yet, getting nervous about the rebate. I have a number of items here waiting for its arrival, including 20x9" BBS CH-R wheels, Airmatic lowering links, windshield and roof sunshades, 14-50 adapter, etc.

Ordered a Raven S mid-June. Got VIN and website showed a delivery appointment 6/27 in Burbank. Then yesterday (6/25), a Delivery advisor txts to confirm my appointment but for a different location an hour away. Website still says Burbank but DA says there are no closer options.

Based on that experience, opted to cancel the order and wait to see what changes come in the fall.

• Funny
Reactions: Nrazar and Inside
Makena1.jpg

Car was perfect on delivery, with one exception - ludicrous was not enabled (like other owner's experienced). Sucks in the short term, because I have to go off-island for a few weeks. Oh well :) Just gives me one more reason to look forward to coming home to Maui!

Ordered June 7th.. still no delivery date/response

they keep changing the loan agreements with different VIN's ( Happened 3 times yesterday) Now they shifted appointment to tomorrow.

The other issue is the current VIN on file shows 350 miles on the car.. and they have the wrong interior.

Ordered May 29th, VIN on June 14 and delivery today, June 28. Everything went well with delivery and as expected ... so it was good that I expected for Ludicrous not to be enabled ... waiting for software update.

Coming from a 2015 85D, I can't say enough about how much the cars have improved over the past four years, plus the Raven upgrades, especially the adaptive suspension, are really good. It's smoother, quieter, quicker, goes further and the build quality is great. Came with AP HW3 and Sentry seems to work really well.

Coming from a 2015 85D, I can't say enough about how much the cars have improved over the past four years, plus the Raven upgrades, especially the adaptive suspension, are really good. It's smoother, quieter, quicker, goes further and the build quality is great. Came with AP HW3 and Sentry seems to work really well.

That's really encouraging to hear! I'm waiting for my P100DL Raven edition coming from a 2015 legendary P85D which was a great car. Hoping that the suspension especially won't be too soft vs the old Performance Plus chassie.

You can actually have the best of both! - In Standard, the car has a very soft, smooth and quiet ride and with Sport the ride is very connected and you feel the road a lot more. In either mode, if you speed up, corner or brake hard the car responds on a per wheel "as needed" basis to keep the car level. Even in Sport, if you slow down on a rough road, the car softens up a bit. IMO, it is a great dynamic suspension, controlled at all times and neither floaty *or* harsh. YMMV, if you're a hard core coils person, but it is one of the best air suspensions I've come across.

You can feel the transitions while driving, which is hard to describe, but it's nothing like previous (non-Tesla) cars with only switchable/selectable damping. To me, it offers at least most of the control and feel of something like the P85+, but with none of the harshness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilowatt
You can actually have the best of both! - In Standard, the car has a very soft, smooth and quiet ride and with Sport the ride is very connected and you feel the road a lot more. In either mode, if you speed up, corner or brake hard the car responds on a per wheel "as needed" basis to keep the car level. Even in Sport, if you slow down on a rough road, the car softens up a bit. IMO, it is a great dynamic suspension, controlled at all times and neither floaty *or* harsh. YMMV, if you're a hard core coils person, but it is one of the best air suspensions I've come across.

You can feel the transitions while driving, which is hard to describe, but it's nothing like previous (non-Tesla) cars with only switchable/selectable damping. To me, it offers at least most of the control and feel of something like the P85+, but with none of the harshness.

Sounds great - can’t wait! I keep googling for reviews and looking for content on YouTube, but there’s really not that much out there yet on Raven impressions...

I ordered Raven ludicrous, red with the black and white interior on May 6th, no word until June 20th and was told it is ready for delivery. Unfortunately, I could not sell my 2014 P85DL so I canceled. I have lost 30 miles of range since the latest updates. Yesterday I sold my Tesla at a reduced price (cannot accept range lost) and reordered the Raven. Before reordering I called Woodland Hills Tesla to make sure I was still eligible for the free $20,000 Ludicrous offer for existing owners. I was told yes but I had to have possession of my old Tesla when the Raven is delivered. I could not believe that now I cannot sell my Tesla when I have a buyer who is not going to wait plus I was never told that when I ordered. So I called Santa Barbara Tesla to see if my Raven was still available. Yes, it was but they turned it into a demo and now had only 58 miles. I asked the same question about selling my car prior to delivery and they said no problem as long as I place the order before selling my old Tesla. So I placed the order, sold my car , sold some stock and will pick up my Raven next week.

View attachment 424137

Car was perfect on delivery, with one exception - ludicrous was not enabled (like other owner's experienced). Sucks in the short term, because I have to go off-island for a few weeks. Oh well :) Just gives me one more reason to look forward to coming home to Maui!

Congrats! I think they can enable that as a remote automatic update, if they haven't already done so.

Picked up my P100DL today and just as I heard no 14-50 adapter. When I sold my P85DL I kept my 14-50 but it has a different end and will not connect to the new cable. To make matters worse I tried to order a new 14-50 and the Tesla store is out of them. As much as I love Tesla I can't believe they would be that cheap and inconsiderate especially when they encourage home charging instead of supercharging. A $35 adapter should be included in a $112,400 car.