Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/22/20 (LR Black with Cream Interior, Autopilot). I wanted to order earlier in the summer, but wanted to make sure my work situation was stable during COVID. Then figured I might as well wait until Battery Day.

VIN Assigned 10/10 (Just checked my account and it was there, no notification)

Got a text today, 10/13 to set my delivery date.

Scheduled for 10/24 and I really hope it sticks! My SA said it was arriving the 23rd. Also, I am getting the new, lower pricing. She said it will be reflected in my contract by the 16th.

Ordered 9/22/20 (LR Black with Cream Interior, Autopilot). I wanted to order earlier in the summer, but wanted to make sure my work situation was stable during COVID. Then figured I might as well wait until Battery Day.

VIN Assigned 10/10 (Just checked my account and it was there, no notification)

Got a text today, 10/13 to set my delivery date.

Scheduled for 10/24 and I really hope it sticks! My SA said it was arriving the 23rd. Also, I am getting the new, lower pricing. She said it will be reflected in my contract by the 16th.
new lower pricing....yea right.......all I can say is: Inspect, Inspect and Inspect when you go to take delivery

Well, technically speaking, Model S/X currently has keyless features to open/start the car. However, it's NOT the same as on the Model 3/Y. On those models, it uses Bluetooth to allow you to enter and start the car. On the Model S/X you have to go into the Tesla App and explicitly unlock the car (I haven't tried it to allow the car to drive). So, like I said, technically it's keyless but in the real world, it's not all that useful. Don't get me wrong, it does offer 'some' utility.

I'm not sure if I would wait on ordering a Model S/X because I feared they're coming out with an interior refresh. This has been 'predicted' for years now and it hasn't come to fruition. Which begs the question, are people/potential buyers still listening to (it seems like) those same voices that are making their 'predictions' of an upcoming refresh who prove themselves wrong year-after-year? But, I understand your plight - "what if?" What if this is the year it happens? Dare I take the risk? That's something only you can answer. I debated it myself but when I saw how wrong those 'predictors' were, I pushed forward with my order.

I saw of lot of theories that Tesla will update the interior to look more like the Model 3/Y to keep their offerings streamlined. I thought they would want the Model S/X to be their premium versions, hence keeping the instrument cluster. These are just my thoughts, though; nothing concrete to back it up.
I think the next refresh will happen with the battery change....that would be a good time to do it....that would give the "S" a whole new meaning

I should have clarified that I was talking about Teslafi and some other cool third party apps. The Tesla app itself supports android. :)
Hey, did you hear about the range boost for all Model S cars. I think it's only for 2021 vehicles with revision H batteries though. Ours are revision G batteries. Kinda bummed that I picked the car 6 days ago and now the same model is seeing 39 miles range increase, considering I got a great price on it but still. Can't help but feel bummed

Hey, did you hear about the range boost for all Model S cars. I think it's only for 2021 vehicles with revision H batteries though. Ours are revision G batteries. Kinda bummed that I picked the car 6 days ago and now the same model is seeing 39 miles range increase, considering I got a great price on it but still. Can't help but feel bummed
The range boost is only for the Performance S version. Long Range versions got their mileage boost 3 months ago.

The range boost is only for the Performance S version. Long Range versions got their mileage boost 3 months ago.
In Eruope some people are claiming to see LR+ having more than 402 miles range but the accounts are different with some claiming for the range to be 406 miles and other different. Wonder if it is a software update capable update. OR they could be waiting to sell their old inventory of 2020 LR+ at this lower price and will end up either raising the price along with range boost or simply increasing the range once they sell their old inventory at the same price.

Does Tesla have 2020 inventory? I placed an order last month (LR+) and it would seem like they would have delivered it if it was sitting on a lot somewhere. My thought is they’re in the process of building it and will contact me when it’s ready for a delivery date. I wouldn’t feel too bad about changes in range etc., you still have an awesome car. What if they actually do rework the S next year for Plaid? I’ll still be happy with the one I got.

Reactions: umair239 and Fred42
Does Tesla have 2020 inventory? I placed an order last month (LR+) and it would seem like they would have delivered it if it was sitting on a lot somewhere. My thought is they’re in the process of building it and will contact me when it’s ready for a delivery date. I wouldn’t feel too bad about changes in range etc., you still have an awesome car. What if they actually do rework the S next year for Plaid? I’ll still be happy with the one I got.
They do in Germany. All inventory magically disappears after end of quater sale. No way they all get sold on last day.

I just read a post by someone confirming that his model s performance got 2020.40.5 update and has now increased range, however, his is revision H battery and so is the Model X that got 2020.40.7 update with range boost.
My car missed the H battery pack by one month I guess. Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it

Hi guys!

New to this forum. Just checking to see if anyone has had any updates if you ordered a model S in early October.

I ordered my Model S with FSD October 3. Finished all my financing and insurance information the next day. Still haven’t heard any updates. My estimated delivery is between November 1-29. Just wondering if I should be expecting delivery early or late November. Or is it pretty random?

Thank you!!
Dilbar

When your VIN number is assigned, they will generally build your car within 5 days of VIN assignment. You can check online and you will see your VIN appear one day. After the build, it depends on where you live. Eastern US takes about two weeks. I would assume Washington would be one week to 10 days from the build date. My dealer said they can generally locate the car using GPS during shipping. They saw mine coming into Chicago on the train, and then estimated the time to delivery from there.

Hi guys!

New to this forum. Just checking to see if anyone has had any updates if you ordered a model S in early October.

I ordered my Model S with FSD October 3. Finished all my financing and insurance information the next day. Still haven’t heard any updates. My estimated delivery is between November 1-29. Just wondering if I should be expecting delivery early or late November. Or is it pretty random?

Thank you!!
Dilbar

I ordered Sept 24 and no VIN assignment yet. Waiting for VIN to do insurance.

Checked my account this morning and have a VIN assigned. 418. Ordered 9/24, delivery date range is Oct 18 - 24..maybe the VIN was assigned a few days ago given the 18th...

Lucky. I placed my order on the 15th of Sept, and have an estimated Oct 28-Nov 25th, and still no VIN. Probably because of Hawaii, it's probably a once a quarter delivery location, can't really send a truck out here.