Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious. These are RNs for all orders right? They increment for every order? On all models?
They used to be strictly sequential and they started randomizing them with the Model 3 because with the S and especially with the X folks were getting cranky when they saw someone else with a higher reservation number get a car before them.

Exactly. I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up. I do not expect to taking delivery of a Refresh Model S next week. My expectations are so low, in fact, that I was holding off booking a flight just in case they called me. As of last night, that has changed. My flight is booked and I’ll be away until April 6th. If Tesla calls me, I’ll make arrangements, but to be clear, I do not plan on it happening.

I am about to list my current Model S for sale given there is hope for at least an April Delivery. Does anyone have a guess if my 21 inch rims (I also have 19 inch rims) wI’ll fit on the new Model S LR? Trying to decide if I should keep them or include in the sale.
The rear tires on the new S are 285-40-19 and 285 or 295- 35-21... 30-40mm wider is quite a bit. This is not 100% confirmed by Tesla. It's just educated speculation but probably spot-on. I'd assume they won't fit unless you get spacers.

I have a feeling it’s the same today even after the plaid plus delay. You should be able to simply change the reservation considering Tesla would probably rather sell you a plaid now vs. a plaid plus in mid-2022. I have a feeling being first in line or last in line won’t make a huge difference. Once full production starts, the line should move quickly unless there are tens of thousands of people buying $120k plaids before even seeing one which I
I think I can only get on board with your last point.

If they go back on the $2k, there would be such a backlash. I would not sue them, but I would leave out of principle. How can I trust anything they say after that?
I have a price sheet level order agreement. Are you saying they will not honor that?