Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, if yoke is not approved.. couldn’t they just ship with standard then offer option to change to yoke at service center as an aftermarket?
If that were truly the only issue then it would probably be an easy call to do just that. My guess is that yoke approval is either only one of many issues, or perhaps not one of the actual issues at all...

Reactions: aerodyne
It is truly crazy - I wonder if internally that Elon still believes that a thousand or so Model S orders can go out over the next ~2 weeks (most to West Coast, I assume). Otherwise, if they thought it was going to be a delay until mid-to-late April, why not just update the website like they did for the Plaid+?

Then again, what Elon *thinks* can happen and what reality says will happen are two very different things.
They did update the website. In Feb, the site said 3-8 weeks and lately it says 10-14 weeks.

They did update the website. In Feb, the site said 3-8 weeks and lately it says 10-14 weeks.

Yeah - but what does that mean? Nothing in regards to what I am referring to. As a new order, you can expect 10-14 weeks (I guess), but for those of sitting here for a couple of months (or more)...many of us have "March" as the delivery time. If they already know it isn't going to be March, how much work is it to go in and change to that to something like "April-May"?

Are you implying the LR comes with the base wheel and Plaid and Plaid plus are Yoke or that you have to option for the Yoke?

My car is coming with these base wheels. My car's order also says Yoke. I'm expecting the LR Model S to have both for my configuration.

model s.png

View attachment 645693
Agreed. Mine shows yoke
Just because it says yoke doesn’t really mean that we can rely on it being a yoke. There are numerous reasons why this can change, and any option that we didn’t pay for is subject to change as far as I’m concerned. The only thing I know for certain is that I’m getting a MSM Model S with 21” Arachnids and white interior since those are the 3 options I paid for.