Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should all post pictures here after delivery.

Is this too soon after delivery?

1616191774285.png

These are another round of test cars. They are not going to ship customers a car without the yoke unless they change something online or in an official communication. My guess is they are using the full wheels to train the system for the yoke, for calibration purposes.
I don’t disagree with your guess, but why produce test cars in different colors? And if you are testing the wheels to calibrate the system for the yoke, why not have yokes in the cars?

I don’t disagree with your guess, but why produce test cars in different colors? And if you are testing the wheels to calibrate the system for the yoke, why not have yokes in the cars?

I'd argue the colors are one of the ways we can assume these are test vehicles because there's like two of each. I think they are using the steering wheel to help calibrate whatever system for the yoke, since we can probably assume the motion for turning for the yoke is going to be so different.

What I mean by this is... They hook them up to a computer turn the wheel to a certain spot and program what the equivalent should be for the yoke at that particular rotation.

Why other colors? Maybe to test the paint. Why the other Wheels? To test the wheels (I believe they are newly modified) and I'm sure it creates nuance in the steering.

Yesterday a different truck was carrying 2 blues, 2 grays and 1 blue.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: foos and lbowroom