Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here - prospective first time Tesla owner. Where do you all see the estimated delivery date? All my account shows is the color of the vehicle, a tab for the design details and a grayed-out option to get an insurance quote.
To the lower right of pic of your car

Attachments

• 1A676DE7-81F2-45B5-ADC0-4A291A81F0FB.jpeg
    1A676DE7-81F2-45B5-ADC0-4A291A81F0FB.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 91
I’m sorry but there’s nothing there.
On the phone with a Tesla SA here in LA and the advice given to me was to ignore forums since it fuels concern and speculation. Ain’t that rich? She then told me May-June delivery but that was just a guess. Frustrating first experience but from what I’ve seen here so far, it comes with the territory for Tesla owners.

So I think I'm going to change my order from the 21" Arachnids to the 19" wheels. I figure I'll order some 20" Vorsteiner V-FF 103s which should give a slightly better ride and better range than the 21' Arachnids and also lighter whilst looking hot. Should work out substantially cheaper seeing as I'd have to buy a set of winter wheels and tires anyway. This way I can reuse the 19s. Anyone have any experience with Vorsteiner wheels?
47992157-E5AE-41EA-AB19-03629F837FEB.jpeg
Is this is the look you are going for?

Reactions: omarsultan
Is this is the look you are going for?
Right, but darker wheels. Seen some picks of them on M5s and they look pretty sweet.
@sflgator really it was about rethinking how much I'm going to be spending on wheels + tires if I get the 21' Arachnids because I'm going to need something more suitable for the winter. I don't want to have nice wheel and be taking the tires off each time I switch winter/summer. So the math looks something like this:
Arachnids $4500+ Model S 19" Slipstream Wheel and Winter Tire Package (I know I can get cheaper, but just for a quick calc) $4000 = $9000
20" Vorsteiner V-FF 103s with Michelin PS4 $4000 + snow tires (if I even bother) for stock 19s = $5500

Reactions: sflgator
Right, but darker wheels. Seen some picks of them on M5s and they look pretty sweet.
@sflgator really it was about rethinking how much I'm going to be spending on wheels + tires if I get the 21' Arachnids because I'm going to need something more suitable for the winter. I don't want to have nice wheel and be taking the tires off each time I switch winter/summer. So the math looks something like this:
Arachnids $4500+ Model S 19" Slipstream Wheel and Winter Tire Package (I know I can get cheaper, but just for a quick calc) $4000 = $9000
20" Vorsteiner V-FF 103s with Michelin PS4 $4000 + snow tires (if I even bother) for stock 19s = $5500
Which is a key reason, aside from range and ride, I ended up with keeping three season 19s on my X since I had to get winter tires too.

Delivery estimate is still “-“ which can be “used to indicate a missing or implied element”. In my case, it appears it is a missing element. The gosh darn delivery date. Paint or get off the ladder Tesla. Come on now. Nice version of what I really wanted to say.

How do you complete the insurance step without the VIN?
Just take a photo of your proof insurance ID card for your current vehicle. Supply ins info requested in the process...

You’re in CA. No VIN necessary.

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model S.

• Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington