Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, Tesla finance just told me that 2.14 is lowest they’ve seen. They also cc’d my SA regarding my delivery when I asked about it in my financing email. I’m sure it will be April-Dec

I mean I’m not saying they’re lying, but they’re not quite correct. But we’re not talking much here...

C1BDEC2E-0A3B-4F6F-ADFC-36308CF6215F.jpeg

According to my SA, yes. I can’t get a quote from Tesla for insurance without a VIN. Mercury, with all my discounts, is quoting over $2k per year if I drive low miles (<7000 a year). No trade-in as I‘m surrendering my current vehicle at the end of its lease. The way things are going, I may have to rent a car to tide me over. I’ve got a Wells Fargo approval which probably expires in a week so there’s nothing for me left to do.
My suggestion FWIW - If you have yet to surrender your lease car and still have insurance, use your current insurance ID to complete the insurance step. You can always update it when you get a VIN...

Talked to two different Tesla people today. One national manager said that those with no date or the "-" are first in line and those with "March" are after that. He said his expectation is first deliveries will first couple weeks of May (probs no data to back that up).

Another guy said he expects it to be end of q2. He also said Elon's personal refreshed Model S was just delivered to Austin Pond Springs and picked up last week lol.

• Disagree
Reactions: foos
Talked to two different Tesla people today. One national manager said that those with no date or the "-" are first in line and those with "March" are after that. He said his expectation is first deliveries will first couple weeks of May (probs no data to back that up).

Another guy said he expects it to be end of q2. He also said Elon's personal refreshed Model S was just delivered to Austin Pond Springs and picked up last week lol.
That’s disappointing! Maybe the issue isn’t the yolk, or chips, or parts...maybe there are issues with reliability of smart shift. I can imagine a few scenarios where it would be dicey. Yes, my reservation still says March.

• Disagree

We all hear different things. I think it’s safe to assume SA’s won’t know more than we do until they actually arrive at the service center lol.

On today’s episode of Ride the Lightning, (@9:30 in the episode) Ryan said a listener in San Diego CA claimed that his father took delivery of his refreshed Model S
Link below:
Seems unlikely.

That’s disappointing! Maybe the issue isn’t the yolk, or chips, or parts...maybe there are issues with reliability of smart shift. I can imagine a few scenarios where it would be dicey. Yes, my reservation still says March.
My guess is the issues are more about the machine that builds the machine.

The dates don’t matter and will come and go and appear and disappear. What matters is when your SA says “your car is here and you can come get it”. That’s it. VIN, no VIN, date or not, we all have to be patient and remember there really is no rhyme or reason for how Tesla rolls out a car.

That’s hard for all of us because common sense says one would communicate, etc, but Tesla isn’t common. Not an apologist. Just a fact after a decade of waiting for their cars on and off.

Enjoy the wait. Once they arrive, everyone will begin to complain about the issues and malfunctions and wonder “why couldn’t they have fixed this before delivery!”

Grass is always greener... enjoy the anticipation. Only thing that matches it is the acceleration!