Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to agree with you - but when many families have to time their current car sale / trade-in with a Tesla purchase, strong drink won't make you feel better.

I have a $700 charge on my credit card bill from Hertz to prove it.
Agreed. You either have to just trade in your current vehicle whenever you take delivery of the new one OR if you have another car to drive, then sell your other one, drive your other vehicle, and wait for the new one. Fairly simple. I actually didn't want to drive my Jaguar I-Pace EV for the next couple months to take even more of a hit on the value so I sold it locally to a dealer a couple weeks ago and I'm driving our daughter's SUV now (she's still doing school online so she's not using her car much now). You can also try selling your car on eBay to get more than "trade-in" value. I've sold 2 vehicles before on eBay and did fairly well. It's easy and you just get the money up front via wire transfer or Cashier's Check and let them send a transport truck to come pick it up. ;)

If you're turning in a lease, you can request to drive it another month or two and pay extra (and you may have to pay for the extra miles) or you can rent a car. When all else fails, call Uber or Lyft. :p

Everyone...Please step one place forward in the Refreshed Model S line. ;)
You all are welcome 😉🙂 ha ha. Teslaronians please don’t beat me up for this but I’m happy and enjoying the ride now in what I picked up last night 😍. So long as when that time comes when you guys get your MS’s you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters. EV Power, EV Family 😜😌🤙🏼🙌🏼

Attachments

• A0071EFA-5F06-4E08-86C0-65DE18CC3222.jpeg
    A0071EFA-5F06-4E08-86C0-65DE18CC3222.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 52950C4C-11EF-4FA5-82F3-2296C8388B33.jpeg
    52950C4C-11EF-4FA5-82F3-2296C8388B33.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 945A9438-039F-4131-8399-A838759A3FA6.jpeg
    945A9438-039F-4131-8399-A838759A3FA6.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 77
I still think this is the reason for the delay. Permit status finally almost complete for the item listed as GA S/X tool install. Went to this status today.

View attachment 649099
I remember your earlier post about this. I'm guessing the "record status" is where its at with progress. Was it around the time of the fire? Where did you find this?

Reactions: doubleshot
You all are welcome 😉🙂 ha ha. Teslaronians please don’t beat me up for this but I’m happy and enjoying the ride now in what I picked up last night 😍. So long as when that time comes when you guys get your MS’s you’re happy with it then that’s all that matters. EV Power, EV Family 😜😌🤙🏼🙌🏼
Congrats and sweet ride! I had put a deposit on one couple of years before chickening out. But because I had placed a deposit, I got tons of goodies fro Porsche on a regular basis.
Btw, why is it sitting so high? Is that the default ride height?

Nice Taycan Turbo S but cost a pretty penny x 180,000,000 for way less battery range. I all but thought my next EV would be a Porsche Taycan or Audi E-Tron GT but I cannot justify paying $140k+ for an EV with less “official” battery range (numbers from Mfgr and EPA...not accounting for real world driving tests by Taycan drivers) than my Jaguar I-Pace (250mi max range). I cannot take the risk of driving 170+ mi in one day like I often do and having the range anxiety and no time to stop to charge up.

I loved my Porsche Macan Turbo...high quality, luxury, good technology, and awesome sports car driving but the costs don’t really justify it in the end for me when there’s others out there that beat the P cars in so many other ways. But we wish you all the best in your beautiful Porsche Taycan. Cheers! 👍🏻😎

Reactions: Angelo14
Welp Ladies and Gentlemen I’ve officially had enough of Tesla’s BS and I’m probably the first and maybe be the only person here to cancel my Model S order but enough is enough. I truly wish all of you the best of luck with your orders and hope they come through ASAP so I can read about your experiences, joys and anger lol. Sorry, I couldn’t hang in there guys but I can’t give a company this type of money the way they do business and treat customers. God bless you guys. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 and rooting for you guys!

At some point we will need to know if pending orders have reached equilibrium. That is, where the number of cancelations becomes equal to the number of new orders.

I think this week will be a wash with the crush of EoQ -- although I will be happy to be wrong about this. :) Maybe some updates next week. It will be interesting to see if "March" changes on my page on Thursday.

Welp Ladies and Gentlemen I’ve officially had enough of Tesla’s BS and I’m probably the first and maybe be the only person here to cancel my Model S order but enough is enough. I truly wish all of you the best of luck with your orders and hope they come through ASAP so I can read about your experiences, joys and anger lol. Sorry, I couldn’t hang in there guys but I can’t give a company this type of money the way they do business and treat customers. God bless you guys. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 and rooting for you guys!
I have a feeling there will be more following your footsteps if we don't hear from Elon soon.

Reactions: Angelo14
I remember your earlier post about this. I'm guessing the "record status" is where its at with progress. Was it around the time of the fire? Where did you find this?
Yea. Before today it was in "cycle 1" ... Prep for issuance means it's now passed all it's requirements. What I can't tell is if it's all just plan check for the permit or if they've been doing the install or they have to wait for permit issuance before they can start the work.

I'm pretty sure they haven't started work based on the comments under the team lead. They haven't finalized the drawings based on hazmat comments. Who knows what that means. But if this permit finalizes, I'm thinking then they can do the work. Can't tell what the work is but it involved a structure review and hazmat. I'd imagine this means a few more weeks before they're finished with whatever this permit was for.

It was submitted 3/3, so this would have been pre fire. But I'm betting the fire delayed permit issuance.

All major speculation.

Reactions: TNGuy99
This would just be one of the "minor" details that Elon was talking about.
Hah. Yup. There's another one named MSMX bus bar that's pending inspection too but the inspector has tried twice and can't get in to see the electrical. Things labeled w these types of tags not being done leads me to believe the assembly line isn't finished.

At this point, I think it’s more than one part or item. It’s unlikely that it’s “just” the yoke, or software, etc. It does seem like they are not ready/able to produce in any sort of volume. If it was one part or software, I think they’d be able to work around it. Leads me to guess it’s the production line as mentioned above or something similar. Elon’s “minor issues” or whatever comment was really “we haven’t really figured out how to make these cars yet, but we will very soon!”